Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2022, 08:00 PM   #99
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
VOTE,VOTE,VOTE. global warming is a fantasy. only to control us by fear. it costs more money and environmental damage to produce an electric car. where will all the lithium go when you get new batteries? in the ground, just like old solar panels only 2 places in the U.S. that recycles if they reach that point. I'm tired of the U.S. suffering for the rest of the world. joe and hunter love china ask them why gas is where it is.
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:09 PM   #100
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
I too thought E was cheap until I actually looked........ at the time premium was 3.85. E was 3.75. Not a savings at all considering E gets less mpg.

I have done a lot of mpg research on my 2500 hd pickup and will say that e85 needs to be just over 10% cheaper to even out the mileage loss

E 85 savings in Chicagoland is usually a wash

Every once in a while it’s a bargain but e85 prices are slow to change so if gas shoots up sometimes you get a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:21 PM   #101
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Went to cars and coffee this morning and noticed it was $3.69 at 9:30am.
Passed by again at 11:45am and it was $3.89 which seems completely rational.
$3.89? The Humanity! As I said here before, CA long forgot what $3.89 gas was. But good for you. Count thy blessings.
Old 03-05-2022, 10:47 PM   #102
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman14ss View Post
VOTE,VOTE,VOTE. global warming is a fantasy. only to control us by fear. it costs more money and environmental damage to produce an electric car. where will all the lithium go when you get new batteries? in the ground, just like old solar panels only 2 places in the U.S. that recycles if they reach that point. I'm tired of the U.S. suffering for the rest of the world. joe and hunter love china ask them why gas is where it is.
Yup oldman14ss is right about global warming and being in the computer field for over 30 years, the computer chips will be coming from mostly Taiwan, who is being sized up by China as we speak. I just think it comes down to us all wanting to choose what we want to drive, OUR CAMAROS. Today, I did get my first sticker shock as my wife has a Jeep and just fills it up with regular and I'm lucky enough to have a company vehicle who gives me a gas card(worrying about that too). Anyway, dusted off "Aurora" and filled half tank 93 and it was $4.15 I believe. I was pissed. Alls I know that a few years ago, I was seeing prices I haven't seen since the 90s.
Old 03-05-2022, 11:29 PM   #103
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman14ss View Post
Voting doesn’t do a damn thing! If it does? Prove it cause people have been voting for centuries and look where it’s gotten us? And if you think it’s just coincidence and that we voted wrong the whole time? You’re a special kind of stupid. Not you. In general. Voting does NOTHING. POTUS is predetermined. You think they’ll let ppl decide who is the most powerful in the country when they’ve stripped away most of our freedoms? This country is a toilet.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:17 AM   #104
DavidH

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Cheap fuel was short lived in Ohio this weekend. Last night it shot up to $4/87. $4.49/93.

Low octane is well expected to hit $5 this week. For the small percentage of fuel we get as imports from certain areas this price hikes doesn't really seem to match up.

Much more and my car is parked unless it's Fri-Sun.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:37 AM   #105
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
Cheap fuel was short lived in Ohio this weekend. Last night it shot up to $4/87. $4.49/93.

Low octane is well expected to hit $5 this week. For the small percentage of fuel we get as imports from certain areas this price hikes doesn't really seem to match up.

Much more and my car is parked unless it's Fri-Sun.
Inflated prices to further cripple the middle class. Mark my words. America shall be a third world country within 20yrs. And that is being very conservative. Eliminate middle class so there is the top 10% and poor 90%.

Old 03-06-2022, 04:52 AM   #106
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Voting doesn’t do a damn thing! If it does? Prove it cause people have been voting for centuries and look where it’s gotten us? And if you think it’s just coincidence and that we voted wrong the whole time? You’re a special kind of stupid. Not you. In general. Voting does NOTHING. POTUS is predetermined. You think they’ll let ppl decide who is the most powerful in the country when they’ve stripped away most of our freedoms? This country is a toilet.
Exactly.
At work, we say that if the vote changed something, they would have canceled it long ago.

$8.00 gal.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 05:29 AM   #107
Dave-G

Drives: 2011 RS/2LT- manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Inflated prices to further cripple the middle class. Mark my words. America shall be a third world country within 20yrs. And that is being very conservative. Eliminate middle class so there is the top 10% and poor 90%.
The march to communism is ramping up hard. The ruling class, and the victims beneath their feet.
Dave-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:10 AM   #108
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
that's how it is in england. top few have all the cash while most work almost for free.
you're on minimum salary there you can barely survive.
here in sweden about 95% are all ok if you both work. very few greedy rich here creaming all the money for themselves
Old 03-06-2022, 06:31 AM   #109
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
that's how it is in england. top few have all the cash while most work almost for free.
you're on minimum salary there you can barely survive.
here in sweden about 95% are all ok if you both work. very few greedy rich here creaming all the money for themselves
Revolutions have become extinct due to the great divide

Old 03-06-2022, 06:53 AM   #110
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Look on the bright side…..it could be worse
Old 03-06-2022, 08:00 AM   #111
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
We can complain all we want...but when there's no term limits, people in power build kingdoms. That is why in the military they move people in command around so they cant build their own private kingdom and surround themselves with yes men. Most politicians in congress are bought, and stay bought forever to capitalistic companies that put profit over everything else. Look at the profit margins right now for all oil and gas companies. In the BILLIONS. To blame a war or inflation is bullshit, its corporate greed and if you cant see that, you need glasses. Those companies could help out with prices, but to do so would cut into their bottom line and thats a line they will never cross. To blame any sitting president for gas prices, or prices for groceries, is a joke. Its the companies and their bottom line. Whats Chris Tucker say in Rush Hour? Follow the old rich white dude and his money and youll find the guilty...so true. Prove me wrong!
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 08:39 AM   #112
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I agree to a point, but why were prices so low under Trump? Companies suddenly didn’t want as much profits? I think domestic policy absolutely affects prices in a free market system. I’m no fan of Trump the person, but his record far exceeds this guy, who isn’t in charge anyway. PA has the highest gas tax in the USA and some of the worst roads. Now PennDOT is proposing putting tolls on interstates to fund road repair. Isn’t that where all the gas taxes are supposed to be going?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote