Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #99
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Here is my prediction. Camaro beats the Mustang in the quarter mile. Camaro destroys the Mustang on the track. Camaro will win the H2H because MT already gave out a subjective win for the Shelby earlier this year and won't be able to pull that shit a second time. Mustang will get points for the refresh and making improvements along with how it sounds. And visibility. But they will take points away for the price increase making it match the cost of the Camaro while not having the performance to match. And so the Camaro will take a sweeping win this time.

I think Ford's only saving grace for this refresh will be to beat the SS in a straight line. That is the only way they can justify the price increase and the GT getting obliterated on the track. In fact that is the only hope for the entire S550 line, lol!! If the GT can't at least do that then they will really really have to pull out all the stops on a GT500. They'll have to make it come in cheaper, faster, more powerful, and handle better than the ZL1 while offering more options. Otherwise the entire platform is just a complete miserable disaster like the NPI was, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:24 AM   #100
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
What excuses? What I see is that you guys really really want us to be impressed and none of us are. Even if the mags test it and it does a 12 flat I still will not be impressed.

And what are you talking about 2 weeks. This GT is simply a refreshed version of the 15-17...which has the same basic OHC engine design that Ford has been using since the 90s. It isn't like they created some brand new platform and put it out. Any shop or enthusiast could buy this car, start retrofitting and fabbing parts and stuff for it, take it to the track, and do the exact same thing that these companies are doing. There is nothing to be impressed about. YOU'RE impressed. And good for you. But it isn't anything the SS hasn't been doing so for us it's just another day. Now if the Camaro had been as shitty as the GT was for the past 3 model years then we would be impressed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets see a new suspension, updated more powerful motor, new transmissions with revised gearing, track apps and none of this counts in your opinion.

A refresh is what Chevy did with the 13-14 SS, basically a facelift.

So when and if the GT runs 12:00s after you have been claiming all along that it will be a 12:70s car do I get to call you out.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #101
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets see a new suspension, updated more powerful motor, new transmissions with revised gearing, track apps and none of this counts in your opinion.

A refresh is what Chevy did with the 13-14 SS, basically a facelift.

So when and if the GT runs 12:00s after you have been claiming all along that it will be a 12:70s car do I get to call you out.
The entire Coyote engine line shares the same basic designs and that all started with the 4.6 engines. The trans was already in the truck and the ZL1 and was co-developed. Track apps ain't shit. It's just fancy wording for the same basic stuff that these cars have been coming with all along. So no, none of this counts as new because none of it is new. It is just a bunch of stuff that was used sometime before or elsewhere that Ford basically updated, gave a fancy title to, and then put it in a GT. Whoopty-****in-doo.

I don't care what you do. Either way the GT ain't no threat to me because it can't touch anything I got. And your ass better hope it runs a 12 because that is the only thing that'll save it from being a complete bomb since it won't be able to do anything else. Even if it does I'll be laughing at the Shelby guys for getting their asses handed to them by a GT that costs half the price, lol!! And it still won't matter because Ford should have done this in the first place which further shows how dumb they are. And it'll still be the GT showing up late to the party. Wow, 12 flat...everyone else has been doing it for all this time. Nobody even cares now. Either way the S550 is still a total loss.

The only people who give a rat's ass are you and the other Mustang guys. And I'm guessing that your own forum must be dead since you guys are all over here. Hey, are they talking about me over there? LOL!! I bet in between talking about me, arguing, and their own members talking down about the GT there is nothing else going on there. But nobody here cares about the GT. If it does a 12 flat it'll still be a POS. It's just now it'll be a faster POS than it was before.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:01 AM   #102
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:

Either way the GT ain't no threat to me because it can't touch anything I got.
Guy drives modded 650hp ZL1 to a 11.86... LMR drives bone stock 460hp GT to a 12.02... Guy claims "GT cant touch anything he's got"

still waiting on those Hellcat times
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #103
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

And it still doesn't take away from the fact that it hasn't done a 12 flat officially. Unless you wanna compare that BS run to the 11.9s and faster that the SS does bone stock. Which still makes the SS a faster car. So none of your arguments work. The SS is still a faster car no matter how you slice it. And LMR's run just proves that. When it runs slower than the SS in a H2H we'll all be laughing. And if it runs faster then we'll still be laughing at the $65K GT350R that can't beat a $35K (or however much it costs) GT with 66 less hp. So nothing Ford has done with the S550 has been impressive or even respectable. They made a mockery out of the GT and Shelby name. Heck I kinda want the GT to be faster just so I can laugh my ass off.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #104
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

^^^^

This whole discussion lately.

Friendly competition is good and all. I always enjoy the comparisons between the Mustang and Camaro, but fact is they are all good cars. It's good to see the 2018 GT close the gap with the SS because everyone benefits.

As someone said, it's not going to be surprising to see the GT being an easier car to live with on the street with its suspension tuned more for comfort vs the 1LE's( 2SS would be a better street comparison, probably even track too). But the resulting discussion here going on right now is probably why MT has always gotten away with doing lopsided comparisons because it will still cause an endless debate between the fans who take these things way too seriously( and personally).
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #105
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
Quote:
The entire Coyote engine line shares the same basic designs and that all started with the 4.6 engines. The trans was already in the truck and the ZL1 and was co-developed. Track apps ain't shit. It's just fancy wording for the same basic stuff that these cars have been coming with all along. So no, none of this counts as new because none of it is new. It is just a bunch of stuff that was used sometime before or elsewhere that Ford basically updated, gave a fancy title to, and then put it in a GT. Whoopty-****in-doo.

I don't care what you do. Either way the GT ain't no threat to me because it can't touch anything I got. And your ass better hope it runs a 12 because that is the only thing that'll save it from being a complete bomb since it won't be able to do anything else. Even if it does I'll be laughing at the Shelby guys for getting their asses handed to them by a GT that costs half the price, lol!! And it still won't matter because Ford should have done this in the first place which further shows how dumb they are. And it'll still be the GT showing up late to the party. Wow, 12 flat...everyone else has been doing it for all this time. Nobody even cares now. Either way the S550 is still a total loss.

The only people who give a rat's ass are you and the other Mustang guys. And I'm guessing that your own forum must be dead since you guys are all over here. Hey, are they talking about me over there? LOL!! I bet in between talking about me, arguing, and their own members talking down about the GT there is nothing else going on there. But nobody here cares about the GT. If it does a 12 flat it'll still be a POS. It's just now it'll be a faster POS than it was before.
these mustang fellas are all raving mad..look to predict the futrure u look at the past..
i've owned 4 mustangs and all were a collosal pos..this new thing will be the same.,.
i need to get a test drive in spring to have a laugh..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:22 AM   #106
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
I do find it interesting they even bothered to do this head to head. Realistically right now performance wise the 1LE would be compared to the gt350(nonR). With the PP2 pack coming out this spring why not just wait and do that head to head? After all thats the market the PP2 is going after.

Also I talked with someone at for and the ford mustang configure will have the PP2 pack option up sometime in December... not that im interested or anything lol.

Still i like head to head videos so im sure this will be a good one.... in the camaros favor
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #107
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
been a Black Friday post clearance sale going on in here.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:02 PM   #108
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
The 5.0 Coyote is as much the 4.6 Modular as the LT1 is the LS1.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:51 PM   #109
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
And it still doesn't take away from the fact that it hasn't done a 12 flat officially. Unless you wanna compare that BS run to the 11.9s and faster that the SS does bone stock. Which still makes the SS a faster car. So none of your arguments work. The SS is still a faster car no matter how you slice it. And LMR's run just proves that. When it runs slower than the SS in a H2H we'll all be laughing. And if it runs faster then we'll still be laughing at the $65K GT350R that can't beat a $35K (or however much it costs) GT with 66 less hp. So nothing Ford has done with the S550 has been impressive or even respectable. They made a mockery out of the GT and Shelby name. Heck I kinda want the GT to be faster just so I can laugh my ass off.
Just curious what makes the GTs 12:00 run BS, but the SS 11:90 legit?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:22 PM   #110
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Likely the rented track, weight reduction and tire change from I recall. Not sure what was true or not, the info was a bit muddied.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #111
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
What are you comparing it to?
Old 11-25-2017, 12:09 AM   #112
Speedofsound
Banned

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Guy drives modded 650hp ZL1 to a 11.86... LMR drives bone stock 460hp GT to a 12.02... Guy claims "GT cant touch anything he's got"

still waiting on those Hellcat times
11.86 in a Zl1? Lmao! No wonder the anger.

Barely modded 18 GTs will be destroying those times.
Speedofsound is offline   Reply With Quote