Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-16-2016, 03:11 PM   #99
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I caved an ordered a set from Cultrag. I don't mind waiting a little longer for the cosmetic stuff.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:27 PM   #100
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP94LI View Post
Looks so good!!! where did you get those? from here http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/gen-6-...77?parent=1021 or the dealership? i want to order from that site but i want to make sure it's real and not fake. I feel the dealer will take forever
the gm parts guy site is real. but they, like everyone else is waiting for stuff to actually come in, sadly.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:42 PM   #101
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
I caved an ordered a set from Cultrag. I don't mind waiting a little longer for the cosmetic stuff.

It's about time. What took you so long? They gonna look fantastic on your car.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:59 PM   #102
JP94LI

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (MRC, NPP)
Just ordered my tail lights today!! And put the front splitter on today as well!
Attached Images

JP94LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 PM   #103
JP94LI

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (MRC, NPP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
the gm parts guy site is real. but they, like everyone else is waiting for stuff to actually come in, sadly.
ahh ): i hope they get it in stock soon! lol i called after i ordered to confirm/make sure it was all good, and the guy said have it in stock but they're quote "flying off the shelves!!" i bet they are. these lights really should have come standard on the car! looks so good like the Z06 ones
JP94LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:17 PM   #104
RSKUSTOMZ
RSKUSTOMZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro T-top RS
Buyer's beware

So, I ordered mine August 5th from Cultrag Performance for a great price, got a emailed confirmation stating they had them on order with a 10 day estimated delivery to THEM and then would ship to me that same day......I emailed them yesterday afternoon just asking if they had an updated status since yesterday made the 10th day being the 15th, and this was the reply email I received....
"10 business days. I wrote to you on the 5th that it would be that long. The 5th doesn't count since it is the order processing day. At any rate, it has been 6. When they get in, they get in, and then we ship same day.

Gene."

Needless to say I immediately called them this morning and cancelled my order all together and got hung up on. I've been in retail customer service for over 24 years and am a Automotive Restyling Shop owner myself and have NEVER spoken to any of my customer's with that much rudeness, whether the customer is right or not, you never show disrespect or attitude towards them, it's just NOT good business.
Then only reason I am posting this is just to let our forum members be ware, pricing is not all that matters whenever ordering parts, there needs to be reliable customer service behind that as well. In addition, I ordered my taillights from my local GM parts warehouse, paid only $30 more than I had already paid Cultrag, and had them in my hands 2 hours later.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:33 PM   #105
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKUSTOMZ View Post
So, I ordered mine August 5th from Cultrag Performance for a great price, got a emailed confirmation stating they had them on order with a 10 day estimated delivery to THEM and then would ship to me that same day......I emailed them yesterday afternoon just asking if they had an updated status since yesterday made the 10th day being the 15th, and this was the reply email I received....
"10 business days. I wrote to you on the 5th that it would be that long. The 5th doesn't count since it is the order processing day. At any rate, it has been 6. When they get in, they get in, and then we ship same day.

Gene."

Needless to say I immediately called them this morning and cancelled my order all together and got hung up on. I've been in retail customer service for over 24 years and am a Automotive Restyling Shop owner myself and have NEVER spoken to any of my customer's with that much rudeness, whether the customer is right or not, you never show disrespect or attitude towards them, it's just NOT good business.
Then only reason I am posting this is just to let our forum members be ware, pricing is not all that matters whenever ordering parts, there needs to be reliable customer service behind that as well. In addition, I ordered my taillights from my local GM parts warehouse, paid only $30 more than I had already paid Cultrag, and had them in my hands 2 hours later.
I learned months ago to avoid cultrag at all cost, horrible customer service. Sorry you had to deal with that crap. Glad you ended up getting them somewhere though.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:17 AM   #106
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD View Post
It's about time. What took you so long? They gonna look fantastic on your car.
I modified the big worm kit to cover pretty much my entire lights for free and they came out looking really good so I didn't really care about it all that much.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 08-17-2016, 07:33 AM   #107
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
I learned months ago to avoid cultrag at all cost, horrible customer service. Sorry you had to deal with that crap. Glad you ended up getting them somewhere though.
I got mine from CULTRAG for $371 shipped. Ordered last weds, received them on Saturday. Not sure what everyone's problem is.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #108
LesBaer
FMPG

Yeah I'm sure the guy's not sitting on orders and not shipping them. A lot of people have been waiting for these and he's probably being hammered with emails...we're all human and they're just a cosmetic mod.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #109
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I got mine from CULTRAG for $371 shipped. Ordered last weds, received them on Saturday. Not sure what everyone's problem is.
I think some people are frustrated because Cultrag wasnt very clear explaining they didnt have any lights in stock for orders placed late last week and this week. Theres also an instance where one of the forum members ordered them 10+ days ago and they havent even shipped them to him yet.

I personally got an email saying my order was being processed and they have lights coming in this week at some point. Either way I will leave honest feedback for Cultrag on Itrader once this transaction is completed.

Last edited by vet757; 08-17-2016 at 11:01 AM.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:02 AM   #110
LesBaer
FMPG

Yeah they should've probably said they were out of stock at the moment. I did get an email from them minutes after submitting my order about it. I think it's one of those situations where Cultrag's supplier is doing the same thing to them, putting them in a bind. Always better to under promise and over deliver...lesson learned by them I bet.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:18 AM   #111
RSKUSTOMZ
RSKUSTOMZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro T-top RS
It has nothing to do with waiting you all, as I've been waiting since January whenever I ordered the car. It is the rudeness in the response that I received in just asking a simple question, not to mention being hung up on whenever I called them in person. As I stated, I am a Retail Business owner myself and deal with hundreds of phone calls, emails, and people coming in my store front on a daily basis and WOULD NEVER speak to them in that manner, let alone hang up on a paying customer. All it takes is one unhappy customer to do damage for the hundreds of happy customers and they'll start going else where. And up until yesterday I was actually going to be ordering the Sport Pedals for the car as well.....my whole deal was with their customer service, not the product itself NOR the wait.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #112
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
no excuse for being shitty to a customer like that. This is why I try to order from the same businesses that give good service all the time. Sometimes it means spending more too. I am ok with that.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote