Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #99
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

- The gen6 is going into its 6th model year with no significant power or styling change. (The 2020 redo made it look like previous 16-18)
the 2020 does not look like the 16-18. the base model looks like a 5th gen and the SS nose isn't even as sleek as a 14' let alone a 16'.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:26 PM   #100
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Much can we blame the strike for the decline? I'd think disrupting the pipeline in Q4, would effect the Q1. I'd like to compare the Camaro numbers to other sport coupes.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:30 PM   #101
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
All of the great Movers and Shakers of GM are dead. Bill Wanger the master marketer of Pontiac is the last surviving one of the breed and he has alzhiemers disease. Now GM is run by a bunch of unimaginative no talents with no balls.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:35 PM   #102
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I can't remember the last time I saw a Mustang ad.

Do you think people forgot the Camaro existed and went straight to the Ford dealer or Dodge dealer, but had they seen a Camaro on TV (Wait, who watches TV, doesn't everyone stream??) they would have swung by the dealership and bought the Camaro instead?

There are a lot of reasons the Camaro isn't selling and ads won't fix it. It's a great car but you have to make a lot of compromises to own it and the styling is polarizing. Mustang and Challenger have far less polarizing style in a more livable package.
You can sell anything with the right Promo. Chevy is not even trying. If they don't want foot he bill for TV ads then do Internet ads, because its a hell of a lot cheaper. How many times have you seen a Camaro internet ad? Lots of people have video podcasts with big subscribers on all types of subjects and ads are comparatively dirt cheap for something like that. Has Chevy capitalized on that market? No they are dragging there knuckles wondering why they can't sell something they don't advertise.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 04-03-2020 at 01:39 PM. Reason: d
Old 04-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #103
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
All of the great Movers and Shakers of GM are dead. Bill Wanger the master marketer of Pontiac is the last surviving one of the breed and he has alzhiemers disease. Now GM is run by a bunch of unimaginative no talents with no balls.

Truer words were never spoken.

GM HQ is now a bunch of soccer moms and metrosexual dads in skinny pants and shirts too tight who drive beige Traverses and Sparks to the RenCen and eat sushi for lunch every day.

And Queen Mary forgot that GM builds anything but the Corvette.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #104
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I'd like to mention that it has been harder for us dealers to get Camaro inventory for the last several months. I normally like to stock 25+ and right now, I have 9 on the ground and 2 more on the way. That's it for the remainder of the 2020 model year for us. It has never been this hard to get Camaro inventory. Every week I ask for Camaros and very rarely did I get any allocations.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #105
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
You can sell anything with the right Promo. Chevy is not even trying. If they don't want foot he bill for TV ads then do Internet ads, because its a hell of a lot cheaper. How many times have you seen a Camaro internet ad? Lots of people have video podcasts with big subscribers on all types of subjects and ads are comparatively dirt cheap for something like that. Has Chevy capitalized on that market? No they are dragging there knuckles wondering why they can't sell something they don't advertise.
Bob Seager was on CBS This Morning about a year ago, while he was touring, and they did a really nice interview with him. He specifically mentioned how proud he was that the advertisement campaign he and Chevrolet did with his song Like A Rock for the Silverado was a statistical success. Not for the extra money he made, but he was proud of it because it helped keep the workers employed. He said GM showed him data that in the almost 15 years they used his song for that truck - just the advertisement alone with his song - was a DIRECT impact on an extra one MILLION Silverados being built over that timeframe!!!

Advertising WORKS!!!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #106
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

tell that to Cadillac that advertised the hell out of their models for over a decade and their car sales are in the tank.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:47 PM   #107
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
- The slammed roof’s bunker sensation is a hard sell to non-enthusiasts.

- Buyer demographic has changed. All non-SUV/CUV sales are down.

- The Camaro is no longer inexpensive.

- The gen6 is going into its 6th model year with no significant power or styling change. (The 2020 redo made it look like previous 16-18)

-Chevy does nothing to build the brand.
  1. No advertising.
  2. No new performance variants since 2018. Sorry ..A10 in a 1LE doesn’t count.
  3. No new attention grabbing trims since 2018 HW. Sorry ...shock and steel went unnoticed. See #1.

It’s clear to me that is Chevy riding this model out until they make the next move. Poor CT4 and CT5 sales don’t point to a future as it is, has, been. I doubt I’ll care about what they will end up doing.

If a slammed roof is your deterrent, then you are not an enthusiast anyway. In the 50s and 60s people were slamming there own roofs for that custom look. The idea is to put the word out, and find those and turn them into enthusiasts. When the Challenger came back out in 2009 or so they were not selling and were about to be axed until they stepped up their performance ad campaign. now its a whole new ballgame. Many complained it was too big and bulky. Dodge advertising convinced them to get over it, and buy it. We can all agree that Dodge has an outstanding ad campaign.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Zk3g/dodge-b...ll-goldberg-t2

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 04-03-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: n
Old 04-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #108
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
tell that to Cadillac that advertised the hell out of their models for over a decade and their car sales are in the tank.
Ok I will rephrase that slightly - the RIGHT advertising works!!!

Cadillac advertisements were all over the place, yes. But they were just as boring as the "real people" ads Chevy uses now. Awful.

You need the RIGHT advertising.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #109
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
If a slammed roof is your deterrent, then you are not an enthusiast anyway. In the 50s and 60s people were slamming there own roofs for that custom look. The idea is to put the word out, and find those and turn them into enthusiasts. When the Challenger came back out in 2009 or so they were not selling and were about to be axed until they stepped up their performance ad campaign. now its a whole new ballgame. Many complained it was too big and bulky. Dodge advertising convinced them to get over it, and buy it.
Yeah the whole "car is like a bunker" argument is bogus really. I never have a problem and don't even notice it. Honestly I don't get what people have a problem with at all.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #110
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

yeah i don't remember all those commericals using Led Zeppelin as boring
Old 04-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #111
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
They did...they must have been pretty bad because I only remember one specific one, and the only reason I remember it was because it was funny. If an ad is good you will remember it. If you can't remember an ad a week a day or a year later is was pretty bad.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #112
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
If a slammed roof is your deterrent, then you are not an enthusiast anyway. In the 50s and 60s people were slamming there own roofs for that custom look. The idea is to put the word out, and find those and turn them into enthusiasts. When the Challenger came back out in 2009 or so they were not selling and were about to be axed until they stepped up their performance ad campaign. now its a whole new ballgame. Many complained it was too big and bulky. Dodge advertising convinced them to get over it, and buy it. We can all agree that Dodge has an outstanding ad campaign.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Zk3g/dodge-b...ll-goldberg-t2
Reading comprehension. I said "is a hard sell to non-enthusiasts"

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote