The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #10739
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
trust me you don't want to be stuck in the mustang vs camaro argument with the sales, not performance, stance in the argument.
I wasn't going there...but why not?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #10740
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I wasn't going there...but why not?
It sucks to be on that end, trust me on this.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #10741
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Adding more power....the boldest, most aggressive move? heh.....I gotta say, Pill -- I know you're a Ford/Mustang guy and these comments are to be expected, but sometimes I can't help but chuckle at the way you post things...

Chevy doesn't need to leak anything, because this rumor was...a rumor. I don't think anybody here cares about it besides the handful of Mustang lurkers we have perpetuating this thread.

We'll see who's on top in the end...not that it matters...sales tell the story.
It made me laugh too.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #10742
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
It sucks to be on that end, trust me on this.
Um...no thank you?

I'm not sure what else to say...
Old 03-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #10743
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find it hilarious how much camaro and mustang owners have switched places since the ls1 days. The mustang guys used to say, "my car looks better and look at the sales figures" while the ls1 guys said, "my car is faster and performs better." It's just even more funny that a lot of the same people are involved in the conversations, now making the opposite points.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #10744
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find it hilarious how much camaro and mustang owners have switched places since the ls1 days. The mustang guys used to say, "my car looks better and look at the sales figures" while the ls1 guys said, "my car is faster and performs better." It's just even more funny that a lot of the same people are involved in the conversations, now making the opposite points.
I remember when the 03 Cobra came out the big thing was Ford had to use a supercharger to make power.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #10745
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
I remember when the 03 Cobra came out the big thing was Ford had to use a supercharger to make power.
Oh yeah, it was cheating. Same guys are oggling the zl1 now
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #10746
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Quote:
Yeah they couldn't do it with motor.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #10747
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Adding more power....the boldest, most aggressive move? heh.....I gotta say, Pill -- I know you're a Ford/Mustang guy and these comments are to be expected, but sometimes I can't help but chuckle at the way you post things...

Chevy doesn't need to leak anything, because this rumor was...a rumor. I don't think anybody here cares about it besides the handful of Mustang lurkers we have perpetuating this thread.

We'll see who's on top in the end...not that it matters...sales tell the story.
The aggressive move itself is not just adding the extra power, its the mark at which the extra power is rumored to be at. Ford has never offered a Mustang from the factory that pushed into the top tier Corvette's ratings, there was never any need to. There has always been a large gap between the Camaro and Corvette and I am eager to see if GM will finally pull the trigger. To me, Ford's move would be a skillful and deliberate automotive checkmate, knowing GM will be in conflict with these two nameplates... To me, this is very exciting.

I know GM doesn't need to leak anything to counter any rumor's, I'm not even sure GM has anything to leak at this point. An LS9 option would be mind blowing, If the MH3 could be revalidated to handle the extra weight. I would agree that there are few people that actually care about a 620hp SVT Mustang or even intend on buying one. I will say that the rumor spread very quickly whether most forum moderators cared or not. SVTP was shocked and I honestly don't know why, They have several members that are in the know on that website that released this information months ago. I think that the elitist element that resides there and on the Shelby sites, would rather argue about the name than talk about the car.

Sales are important and the Camaro is the only pony car that is capable of sustaining the market right now. Not only is it important to GM, it is also very important to its competitors that share the market. Mustang's sales actually increased after the introduction of the Camaro in 2010 from 45k to 66k, from '09 to '10. Sale's do tell the story, as for the S197, the sales story is over... Any sales now are a gift... Since 2005, 750,000 S197 Mustangs were sold, god only knows how many people actually owned S197's that bought them second hand. The excitement levels for this model are gone..... that is why you see these special model Mustangs, just to sustain sales. By the time the 5th Gen Camaro is at its end, you will see special models as well, I believe GM is releasing a new Camaro every 6 months now, to keep the excitement alive.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #10748
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
Yeah they couldn't do it with motor.
They did, remember the Cobra R?
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #10749
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
The aggressive move itself is not just adding the extra power, its the mark at which the extra power is rumored to be at. Ford has never offered a Mustang from the factory that pushed into the top tier Corvette's ratings, there was never any need to. There has always been a large gap between the Camaro and Corvette and I am eager to see if GM will finally pull the trigger. To me, Ford's move would be a skillful and deliberate automotive checkmate, knowing GM will be in conflict with these two nameplates... To me, this is very exciting.

I know GM doesn't need to leak anything to counter any rumor's, I'm not even sure GM has anything to leak at this point. An LS9 option would be mind blowing, If the MH3 could be revalidated to handle the extra weight. I would agree that there are few people that actually care about a 620hp SVT Mustang or even intend on buying one. I will say that the rumor spread very quickly whether most forum moderators cared or not. SVTP was shocked and I honestly don't know why, They have several members that are in the know on that website that released this information months ago. I think that the elitist element that resides there and on the Shelby sites, would rather argue about the name than talk about the car.

Sales are important and the Camaro is the only pony car that is capable of sustaining the market right now. Not only is it important to GM, it is also very important to its competitors that share the market. Mustang's sales actually increased after the introduction of the Camaro in 2010 from 45k to 66k, from '09 to '10. Sale's do tell the story, as for the S197, the sales story is over... Any sales now are a gift... Since 2005, 750,000 S197 Mustangs were sold, god only knows how many people actually owned S197's that bought them second hand. The excitement levels for this model are gone..... that is why you see these special model Mustangs, just to sustain sales. By the time the 5th Gen Camaro is at its end, you will see special models as well, I believe GM is releasing a new Camaro every 6 months.
Actually the 03 Cobra approached the Z06 in rated hp. And was on par, or made a little bit more power, than the Z06 in reality.

Also when the GT500 came out the Z06 was rated at 505hp with the GT500 at 500hp. The ZR1 wasn't out yet.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #10750
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
They did, remember the Cobra R?
It would like me saying the Vette had to use a supercharger to compete with the naturally aspirated ACR Viper, and still coming up a little short.

It is retarded.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #10751
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Um.....a rumor about the GT500 wasn't disheartening AT ALL. You assume a LOT with that statement....a LOT, a LOT...The ZL1 isn't out yet, and we don't know half of the work that's gone into it. The Boss is also exceptional...but it doesn't represent much of a threat to the ZL1 either.
Quote:

Wait for it to be released before you pretend we're all running to cry in the corner. Bad form
I have seen some disheartening behavior since then, It's no big deal. I know you can speak for yourself but there was some foot dragging for a couple days, and still now and then. Members on this site actually took the report much better than some of the others. There has been some defensive post...

I would have hoped the ZL1 would had already been released at this point, and regardless if the Boss is in ZL1 territory or not.. we still could be seeing comparisons. A win or a loss, I would still like to see these cars doing what they were intended to do.

I never intended disheartening to come off as "all running to cry in the corner", just a shot to the spirit. I don't want members here to believe that "crying in the corner" is what I meant, perhaps I misused the word but that was not my intention.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #10752
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Threads like this do not go on for this long unless people care.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video