Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #1051
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
LOL, and yet...all of the reviews chose the GT350R as the car to have...even though it was slower.
Actually, the review simply showed what MT preferred. And most Ford diehards prefer it. There was no poll or vote that showed what most people prefer. And I know a few GT350 owners who said they'd rather have a ZL1 over the GT350 and the GT350R. And all the reasoning on their pick was subjective anyway which means it is opinion. LOL!! I still don't argue it because that is their particular choice. But they had a pick based off what the 2 drivers preferred and one sound guy. That hardly shows which one is the car to have.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #1052
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Actually, the review simply showed what MT preferred. And most Ford diehards prefer it. There was no poll or vote that showed what most people prefer. And I know a few GT350 owners who said they'd rather have a ZL1 over the GT350 and the GT350R. And all the reasoning on their pick was subjective anyway which means it is opinion. LOL!! I still don't argue it because that is their particular choice. But they had a pick based off what the 2 drivers preferred and one sound guy. That hardly shows which one is the car to have.
Nearly every comparison results in the same...the reviewers picking the GT350R. This isn't unique to just MT. Other reviewers state that the ZL1 is quicker around the track, but the GT350R is better in the brakes, in the corner, feels better in both and is the better car.

You can pretend opinions don't mean anything...but the average consumer that purchases anything will set you straight.

The funny thing is...it is quite possible that you would drive the GT350R around a road coarse FASTER than the ZL1. I love the professional reviews, but they don't always translate to faster times for the amateur.

Simply owning the faster car does not make it faster in your hands. Something to keep in mind.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #1053
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nearly every comparison results in the same...the reviewers picking the GT350R. This isn't unique to just MT. Other reviewers state that the ZL1 is quicker around the track, but the GT350R is better in the brakes, in the corner, feels better in both and is the better car.

You can pretend opinions don't mean anything...but the average consumer that purchases anything will set you straight.

The funny thing is...it is quite possible that you would drive the GT350R around a road coarse FASTER than the ZL1. I love the professional reviews, but they don't always translate to faster times for the amateur.

Simply owning the faster car does not make it faster in your hands. Something to keep in mind.
I'm sure that in your head you believe this garbage. But the ONLY reviewers I know that chose the Gt350R was the 2 MT and their one sound guy...all 3 who I never heard of before the test. But to you and people who overpaid for that garbage POSStang I'm sure that means everyone. Opinions don't mean anything. Because someone else's opinion means nothing to my car buying experience. I buy based off of what I want and which car gives me more of that. Matter of fact, lol, I'm about to add another Muscle Car to my collection. And it sure as hell ain't gonna be a GT350, lol!! I'll take a Hellcat any day of the week over the GT350. Matter of fact I'd rather have a SRT Grand Cherokee or X5M over a GT350. LOL!!
Old 07-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #1054
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX

Norm
Old 07-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #1055
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
I'm sure that in your head you believe this garbage. But the ONLY reviewers I know that chose the Gt350R was the 2 MT and their one sound guy...all 3 who I never heard of before the test. But to you and people who overpaid for that garbage POSStang I'm sure that means everyone. Opinions don't mean anything. Because someone else's opinion means nothing to my car buying experience. I buy based off of what I want and which car gives me more of that. Matter of fact, lol, I'm about to add another Muscle Car to my collection. And it sure as hell ain't gonna be a GT350, lol!! I'll take a Hellcat any day of the week over the GT350. Matter of fact I'd rather have a SRT Grand Cherokee or X5M over a GT350. LOL!!
ROLMAO, man is your ass chapped or what? Someone must have rammed a mustang up your ass or something, damn son.

By the way, not that you will....but google any review of the GT350R vs the ZL1 and you'll find the same. ZL1 is quicker, reviewers like the GT350R better.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #1056
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
And the time between the GT500 and ZL1, M6 to M6, are not far off. They are within a couple tenths. Which again, the GT500 is lighter, has more hp, and a solid rear axle. It is basically a driver's race between those two. The difference between the GT350 and the ZL1 is staggering. The GT350R is 4 tenths slower at WS and on the quarter mile. Also, the 6th Gen M6 Camaro SS is only 1-2 tenths of a second off the GT350R's quarter mile time and matched the GT350R's WS time despite being short by 71 hp. Which means it is a driver's race there too. Or do you have another ricer-excuse for that also?? LOL!!
So it only took Chevy 4 years to come out with a manual Camaro that can run close with a 500, but still can't beat it where it matters
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #1057
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
ROLMAO, man is your ass chapped or what? Someone must have rammed a mustang up your ass or something, damn son.

By the way, not that you will....but google any review of the GT350R vs the ZL1 and you'll find the same. ZL1 is quicker, reviewers like the GT350R better.
Riiiggghhhttt...sure they do. For all subjective reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
So it only took Chevy 4 years to come out with a manual Camaro that can run close with a 500, but still can't beat it where it matters
LOL, the GT500 was faster than the ZL1 for 2 years...2013-2014.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #1058
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Lol talk about fanboyism. Preferring a supercharged LT4 over the Mustang's FPC motor is fine, as well as preferring how one car drives or looks over another. But to call the GT350R a POS is pretty ridiculous, no? Both cars have tremendous engineering behind them and are great track cars.

It also seems like you really like to ignore the subjective results from the reviews of these two cars. Sure the ZL1 may be faster in a straight line and around the track but people aren't allowed to prefer driving the slightly slower car even if may be more enjoyable or rewarding on track?

All of this coming from a Chevy fan...

Last edited by dotfiles; 07-09-2017 at 07:47 PM.
dotfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #1059
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotfiles View Post
Lol talk about fanboyism. Preferring a supercharged LT4 over the Mustang's FPC motor is fine, as well as preferring how one car drives or looks over another. But to call the GT350R a POS is pretty ridiculous, no? Both cars have tremendous engineering behind them and are great track cars.

It also seems like you really like to ignore the subjective results from the reviews of these two cars. Sure the ZL1 may be faster in a straight line and around the track but people aren't allowed to prefer driving the slightly slower car even if may be more enjoyable or rewarding on track?

All of this coming from a Chevy fan...
Well that is my opinion of it. There are some people who think the same thing about the ZL1. That's their opinion. And you obviously didn't read my comments. I don't care about other people's subjective results because it is their opinion. I respect their opinion. But other then that I don't care. And I'm not trying to force anyone to care about mine either. I said how I felt about the car and that's that.

And I am no fanboy. I've owned more Mustangs in the past 5 years than I can remember. In fact, I like the Mustang GT although I won't buy one again until the performance drastically increases. I have been a fan of the GT500 from 2013-2014. And a bunch of other Stangs as well. I just think the GT350R is a POS. It is overpriced and under-performs in my book. And I gave it credit for being better at cornering. But that is all it can do. It is a one-trick pony.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #1060
DJGold

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2017
Some of your comments are more then just your opinion... Pretty harsh. After driving a GT350 not r and a normal ss on a regular basis, I can honestly say that the Ford is the better car. I can only imagine that the zl1 and r translate to the same result for the same reasons.

Mods:
Secondary Cat Delete
BMR Lowering Springs
Lexani Wraith BG Wheels
20x8.5, 20x10
DJGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:47 AM   #1061
newmoon

Quote:
Riiiggghhhttt...sure they do. For all subjective reasons.

LOL, the GT500 was faster than the ZL1 for 2 years...2013-2014.
Is the manual ZL1 faster than the now 4 yr old 13 GT500? In any venue that actually matters like street or strip. The venue the majority of forum owners perform in? Or is it just a magazine star.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #1062
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Is the manual ZL1 faster than the now 4 yr old 13 GT500? In any venue that actually matters like street or strip. The venue the majority of forum owners perform in? Or is it just a magazine star.
Excuse me.... Mr. Spokesman for "the majority"... What makes you think the majority take their car to either drag strip or road coarse?

There are subsections for both on the forum with about equal number of people posting. Neither have the majority of forum members posting.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:01 AM   #1063
newmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Excuse me.... Mr. Spokesman for "the majority"... What makes you think the majority take their car to either drag strip or road coarse?

There are subsections for both on the forum with about equal number of people posting. Neither have the majority of forum members posting.
Inquiring or actually running in the venues mentioned. Drag racing to track duty will be 100/1 for actual use.Just as it was/is with the 5th Gen.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #1064
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
There's a ZL1 Exclusive FB page and there's several on there showing track day cams. Hell, there was video from Buttonwillow posted from just this weekend.

Camaro6 does not encompass the majority of car owners. Nor does everyone that's active here feel the need to talk about their track time and events.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote