#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #85
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by four0nefive View Post
The Z51 is a "package", not an entirely new model. The Z06 is a separate model and the Z07 package is like the Z51 package on the standard C7. The ZL1 will for sure be a separate model of the Camaro hence why it's not available from day 1 like the Z51.
I understand that. You do realize the cars that we are discussing have not been revealed and won't be available until the 2017 model year at the earliest, right?
Old 01-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #86
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by four0nefive View Post
The Z51 is a "package", not an entirely new model. The Z06 is a separate model and the Z07 package is like the Z51 package on the standard C7. The ZL1 will for sure be a separate model of the Camaro hence why it's not available from day 1 like the Z51.
Yes however the 1LE is a package like the Z51.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #87
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes however the 1LE is a package like the Z51.
Not sure that the Z51 is quite as invasive as the 1LE...
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #88
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
If you ask me they waited to long for the Gen6. I understand it was a new platform and they moved back to Michigan from Canada and most people in the south and west dont care, but the dealers didnt start getting Camaros on their lots up here until early to mid December to even test drive or for people to see in person. I never saw a gen 6 until December 26th because they didnt even reveal them at any car shows.
Why would i buy or even order a new Camaro to have it sit in my garage all winter? I guarantee they lost alot of sales because of that..... probably make the same mistake with any Hipo car as well.
Bigger mistake if you ask me with the GT350 and 350R out there being ordered. I am probably going to wait until summer and order a 17 or wait til spring 17 and order a Hipo whatever.
They were still getting very good volume out of the gen 5, and it was still more than a match for the GTPP in the 1LE trim, it had gotten a refresh 2 years earlier, so Im not sure why they would need to push out a new model.

And there are plenty of warm year-round places that sales are starting to pick up as on-the-lot cars show up. This is a pretty standard time for a new model to come out, MY almost always starts in sep/october timeframe, unless you wanted them to do a 15.5 MY, which is almost unheard of anymore.

Gm allowed ford and dodge to show their cards this go-round, I doubt theyll be the last to market for the next gen, but it seems to be working in their favor now.
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote