Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #85
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I just read this thread and I'm happy to say that I will be subscribing

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #86
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
sub'd

gonna be a beast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
I just read this thread and I'm happy to say that I will be subscribing
Welcome aboard guys! It's a blast for me to share the fun of my build with y'all.

Given all we still have to do and how long it has taken for parts, we're looking at at least another month till it's all done. But JusticePete has been great in providing pix as stuff arrives and as things move ahead.

We're also starting a list for "round 2", maybe next winter:
- Lightweight Forgestar 19" rims + P Zero Trofeo R tires
- Z/28 aero (splitter, nose, hood, trunk, spoiler/wicker bill)
- new transmission, probably switch it from auto to stick
- drive shafts, rear diff, axles (as I break them)

:

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #87
SSSoon

Rods, main caps, and some interior work testing passenger seat.
Attached Images

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #88
Synner

Drives: cars
If you get all the front end conversion part numbers please shoot me a PM with the info, it's on my short list for next mod.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #89
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you get all the front end conversion part numbers please shoot me a PM with the info, it's on my short list for next mod.
Will do. It's a while out right now, though...

Old 10-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #90
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Thanks for the Updates. My car just left today for a new motor and some goodies. Nothing like what you are doing but still feel like a little Kid waiting for Christmas Morning to open his gifts lol.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:57 PM   #91
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Rods, main caps, and some interior work testing passenger seat.
that long box to the left of the head studs makes me nervous with all the stories lately...

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #92
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Thanks for the Updates. My car just left today for a new motor and some goodies. Nothing like what you are doing but still feel like a little Kid waiting for Christmas Morning to open his gifts lol.
Congrats - I know the feeling. I absolutely CANNOT wait to drive it when its done. Christmas X 10. When is yours due back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
that long box to the left of the head studs makes me nervous with all the stories lately...
Yeah, I hear you. I am not an engineer, but here's my take away. Arrington builds race engines, and this is not a cam retrofit into an existing engine. It's a complete new build. It has taken a while to get all the engine parts together because everything is specced out to work together (vs. using some parts from an engine that retained pieces that were used with a different cam) and all these pieces are new. I think that this will be a different scenario than a cam retrofit.

On top of that, you would be amazed at the amount of attention to detail that I've seen at Arrington. They measure, polishes and clearances everything like you wouldn't believe - that's one way they get extra HP out of an engine, by making sure everything fits perfectly (really low friction, everything stays where it is supposed to be, etc).

Not meaning to speak for the Arrington folks, but my sense is that they are not sure that what we have been seeing as cam failures are actually cam failures. I'll let them chime in if able, but you know, there is a certain amount of trust in all this and I think they really know what they are doing.

Pete

Old 10-31-2014, 09:58 PM   #93
Pluto

Quote:
Congrats - I know the feeling. I absolutely CANNOT wait to drive it when its done. Christmas X 10. When is yours due back?

Yeah, I hear you. I am not an engineer, but here's my take away. Arrington builds race engines, and this is not a cam retrofit into an existing engine. It's a complete new build. It has taken a while to get all the engine parts together because everything is specced out to work together (vs. using some parts from an engine that retained pieces that were used with a different cam) and all these pieces are new. I think that this will be a different scenario than a cam retrofit.

On top of that, you would be amazed at the amount of attention to detail that I've seen at Arrington. They measure, polishes and clearances everything like you wouldn't believe - that's one way they get extra HP out of an engine, by making sure everything fits perfectly (really low friction, everything stays where it is supposed to be, etc).

Not meaning to speak for the Arrington folks, but my sense is that they are not sure that what we have been seeing as cam failures are actually cam failures. I'll let them chime in if able, but you know, there is a certain amount of trust in all this and I think they really know what they are doing.

Pete
Absolutely, I hear that and don't disagree. The car isn't near done and already looks like a work of art. I don't doubt this car whatsoever after what I'm seeing. I'm just hoping and praying comp doesn't let you down...all of this can't possibly be cheap. Looks like an easy 20k+

Old 11-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #94
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Thanks.Not for a few months. Right now it looks like Mid Jan. Car is going to get a good going over since it grenaded so bad.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #95
SSSoon

Mast Heads!
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #96
Pluto

Quote:
Mast Heads!
Very nice man...I don't know how you are holding your excitement in

Old 11-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #97
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Did I tell you the bolts are on back order?

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #98
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Did I tell you the bolts are on back order?

Let's see.... if I left work know, i could get there to kill you in person by around 2pm...