Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #9745
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '09 CGM Z063LZ '15 RH Z/28 #0631
Myself I like the Ariel Atom V8, a friend of mine designed the engine, the Hartley H1V8; designed from two Heyabusa 4 cylinders built onto the v-block he designed for the setup. Ariel asked for 500 hp, but he's working on a version thats 1000 hp twin turbo.

OH...the best part is the weight 275 lbs; and in a fully loaded ariel atom at 1450 lbs with a 225 lb man, so 1675 lbs at 1000 hp....1.68 lb/hp...Formula territory
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #9746
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Let's discuss....

ATS RWD/AWD. Anyone think GM would step in to the territory of a AWD 6th Gen Camaro?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #9747
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Let's discuss....

ATS RWD/AWD. Anyone think GM would step in to the territory of a AWD 6th Gen Camaro?
Btw thanks for the support in the other thread. I hope you get my intentions.

RE. Your comment, I think that only because the Camaro has the established draw it has it's even made. It will keep it's following by keeping it's identity.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #9748
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Btw thanks for the support in the other thread. I hope you get my intentions.

RE. Your comment, I think that only because the Camaro has the established draw it has it's even made. It will keep it's following by keeping it's identity.
I agree! If I were interested in AWD I would not be looking at the Camaro. And an AWD Camaro would hold absolutely no interest for me, give me a fire breathing, bad to the bone, NA V8 with excellent handling and a very good manual transmission, that's what I'm looking for. That L28 with the LS7 sounds awesome, it could easily work in to my plans.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #9749
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
We have power yayyyyyyyyy

I think an AWD Camaro would be very interesting. Would that destroy the spirit of the Camaro/Pony Car?
Old 07-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #9750
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

But basically yes...........I'd tap shift that.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #9751
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I agree! If I were interested in AWD I would not be looking at the Camaro. And an AWD Camaro would hold absolutely no interest for me, give me a fire breathing, bad to the bone, NA V8 with excellent handling and a very good manual transmission, that's what I'm looking for. That L28 with the LS7 sounds awesome, it could easily work in to my plans.
Clyde
SOLD!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #9752
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Funny!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #9753
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Halo 4 preview.......must get Xbox
Old 07-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #9754
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Today is not the 4th of July. It isn't a BBQ holiday or a parade or fireworks. Today is Independence Day.

This is the Day that we declared to the world we are a free and independent people. We celebrate the sacrifices of those that risked their lives, their fortunes and families in 13 colonies. The hardships they endured are hard to comprehend today. Our Independence has been maintained by the people's dedication to to the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and Constitution. The meaning of the words in these documents and our love of independence and liberty has sustained us through the most difficult of times. This Independence Day take some time away from the back yard BBQ, the parade or fireworks and read the original three documents that have served us well with your children and family.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Independence Day, is a gift that has been passed from the People to the People, generation to generation. It is a gift that comes with tremendous responsibility. Cherish it. Nurture it. Live it.

May God Bless my friends in Schno's House and the United States of America.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #9755
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Clyde
Quote:
We have power yayyyyyyyyy

I think an AWD Camaro would be very interesting. Would that destroy the spirit of the Camaro/Pony Car?
Quote:

What if we could have our cake and eat it too..... Keep the great rumble of a V8 but also throw a TT AWD V6(or such) into the line up to bring more people into our camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

In December 1775, "An American Guesser" anonymously wrote to the Pennsylvania Journal:

"I observed on one of the drums belonging to the marines now raising, there was painted a Rattle-Snake, with this modest motto under it, 'Don't tread on me.' As I know it is the custom to have some device on the arms of every country, I supposed this may have been intended for the arms of America."
This anonymous writer, having "nothing to do with public affairs" and "in order to divert an idle hour," speculated on why a snake might be chosen as a symbol for America.

First, it occurred to him that "the Rattle-Snake is found in no other quarter of the world besides America."

The rattlesnake also has sharp eyes, and "may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance." Furthermore,

"She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage. ... she never wounds 'till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her."
Finally,

"I confess I was wholly at a loss what to make of the rattles, 'till I went back and counted them and found them just thirteen, exactly the number of the Colonies united in America; and I recollected too that this was the only part of the Snake which increased in numbers. ...
"'Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together, so as never to be separated but by breaking them to pieces. One of those rattles singly, is incapable of producing sound, but the ringing of thirteen together, is sufficient to alarm the boldest man living."
Many scholars now agree that this "American Guesser" was Benjamin Franklin.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #9756
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Halo 4 preview.......must get Xbox
Already preordered Halo 4.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #9757
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

I'm with Clyde a Camaro has a recipe. I'd rather them bring back the Chevelle as an AWD TT V6. I think that would it would compete well against the Audi's and such, if they do it right. Both in 2 door and 4 door.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #9758
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
I'm with Clyde a Camaro has a recipe. I'd rather them bring back the Chevelle as an AWD TT V6. I think that would it would compete well against the Audi's and such, if they do it right. Both in 2 door and 4 door.
I agree, I hate to see the formula changed, first thing you know you end up with some monstronsity like a 4 door Dodge Charger! Develop one of the new small non-Camaro prototypes we've seen recently as an AWD. I guess you could develop a Camaro AWD, my question is would sales justify the development costs?
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014