Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #71
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
I lived in NY until 16 years ago, nice country but the city pulls that state down. I rarely go back and don't miss it, my relative tell me about all the new rules and restrictions for everything and it's common place there now. Sucks to live in NY !!! Glad I don't have to anymore.
Word.....
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #72
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
From my understanding only the diesel portion of it has passed and not the entire proposal because they have added to it

Ryan
An article on Fox news made it sound like it may be a moot point, but I hope you are right and that there is still time.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #73
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Glad to be in Canada for once. It'll be 20yrs before that gets passed up here and then my car will be a "classic" and no longer required to pass emissions.

J
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #74
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
I'll be the guy to mod the pod, lol
Old 02-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #75
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
California does all kinds of BS the rest of the country thinks is downright stupid. Nothing California does should be used as an example for the rest of the country.
This line of thinking is dangerous.

If anything, California leads the way for the rest of the country. Liberalism has perpetuated our public education and university system - when you are a small minority, recruit by mass brainwashing and grow your base each generation. Eventually, it becomes accepted as people grow more and more dependent on the system and less and less able to reason critically and develop their own opinions. When people hear something insane over and over again, they become desensitized to it until it no longer sounds crazy, it is commonplace.

Something being adopted in California is a ticking time bomb for the rest of the country to adopt it. Doing nothing and burying your head in the sand is a bad plan.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #76
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
If you cant drive your race car....race your street car
You can live in your Race Car, but you can't race your House!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #77
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Since I lived in SoCal for many years in my youth and watched it happen, I want to ask you all this question?

Who, or what, tells the governments what to do? If you answer "The people" please think again. Follow the money.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #78
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
We the People, are pissed off!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #79
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

If anything, California leads the way for the rest of the country. Liberalism has perpetuated our public education and university system - when you are a small minority, recruit by mass brainwashing and grow your base each generation. Eventually, it becomes accepted as people grow more and more dependent on the system and less and less able to reason critically and develop their own opinions. When people hear something insane over and over again, they become desensitized to it until it no longer sounds crazy, it is commonplace.

Something being adopted in California is a ticking time bomb for the rest of the country to adopt it. Doing nothing and burying your head in the sand is a bad plan.
Right on.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #80
pancherj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If the EPA and elected officials are willing to gut an entire business sector and nearly bankrupt states that depend on that sector (COAL), don't think they are not willing to do exactly what this EPA mandate eposes. As mentioned above...with the government, brains are often optional and if there is a brain it has probably been infected by a disease called liberalism!
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #81
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
More like Moronism.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #82
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
More like Moronism.
Boom! Bumper!

So that petition is getting recognition all over Twitter even. It's kinda cool, within a few hours of me seeing it the number of signatures jumped 20k I think.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #83
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
I don't remember the 70s, because I wasn't born yet, but the 70s almost killed the muscle car too. The gas crunch, coupled with hippie environmentalists led to a search for efficiency and clean emissions. Only in the past decade have we started to see the return of the muscle car. You can't kill the muscle car, nor can you kill the free market....but I think the biggest hurdles are behind us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It should be used as a what not to do. We really should grand them their independence or rather force them to become their own country. They are starting to infect other parts of the country with their sickness.

On topic, the EPA has already back peddled on the topic anyhow. You guys need to read the other thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I just recently visited my father and drove out to Cali (Orange County) back in August for 3 weeks.

California SUCKS, the gas prices are terrible, I5 highway SUCKS, 65 mph speed limit... REALLY? Sorry, I'm used to it being 75 on average over here in TEXAS.

Emission laws suck, the highway patrol are total jerks, the traffic is just horrible, everyone drives like a Grandma over there in there Teslas... I can go on and on and on about how bad California is.

So like everyone else said, just because your state sucks, doesn't mean ours has to. Over here in the great state of Texas, none of the above applies.

"The rest of you can go to Hell, and I will go to Texas."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

I'm glad, and a little surprised, that most people on here agree California wasn't always like that. Like I've said previously, my grandparents have been begging me to come visit them in Pleasonton but i'm just too afraid of A. my camaro being stolen, B. somebody crashing into me, and C. me getting pulled over ALL THE TIME because of how loud my car is. Point is that yes, if we do nothing than they will lead the way to our downfall. Ultimately its the white house that's been screwing us lately. Way too blue for my taste.
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #84
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrillakilla13 View Post
I'm glad, and a little surprised, that most people on here agree California wasn't always like that. Like I've said previously, my grandparents have been begging me to come visit them in Pleasonton but i'm just too afraid of A. my camaro being stolen, B. somebody crashing into me, and C. me getting pulled over ALL THE TIME because of how loud my car is. Point is that yes, if we do nothing than they will lead the way to our downfall. Ultimately its the white house that's been screwing us lately. Way too blue for my taste.
Screw your car, go see the Grandparents. They have a shelf life, your car does not. The car can be replaced, they can not. You will regret this is you don't do this.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, epa, modding, petition, signature request