Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #701
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizzio View Post
Sorry but you don't make the rules here........you must be slow to catch on. Evident by your currently engine less camaro.

Bud you seem new here, instead of going off topic and indirectly putting down his build why don't you simply ask what made him want a twin turbo v6 over a v8? And as far as the motor/ engine term goes who cares? That's like going into a wheel thread and saying they're actually called rims. Same thing. Also ever heard of ford motor company? They stamp that on their motors (my old Honda had it too, honda motor co.) so the term is interchangeable. But I along with a lot of others here love our V6s. And I know I look up to a lot of the guys dedicated to squeezing more power out of it. Janzten, magnumforce, hp turbine and others really know what they are doing when it comes to getting more power out of the v6. They have given me and other members here great advice. So no hard feelings, go to the first page and read his whole build it's got some great stuff on there! Now let's clear the air fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:57 PM   #702
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
May want to take advantage of the BMR black Friday sale and get your rear suspension lined up before you get wheel hop. Trailing arms, toe rods, UCA bushing and Subframe bushings. I'm thinking about adding the final piece, the lower control arm so I know it will go straight.
MagnumForce I think you are trying to make him a single man.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:03 AM   #703
Tajefe Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Bud you seem new here, instead of going off topic and indirectly putting down his build why don't you simply ask what made him want a twin turbo v6 over a v8? And as far as the motor/ engine term goes who cares? That's like going into a wheel thread and saying they're actually called rims. Same thing. Also ever heard of ford motor company? They stamp that on their motors (my old Honda had it too, honda motor co.) so the term is interchangeable. But I along with a lot of others here love our V6s. And I know I look up to a lot of the guys dedicated to squeezing more power out of it. Janzten, magnumforce, hp turbine and others really know what they are doing when it comes to getting more power out of the v6. They have given me and other members here great advice. So no hard feelings, go to the first page and read his whole build it's got some great stuff on there! Now let's clear the air fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said, I stopped reading the polizzio post about half way into the second one. Hope Jantzen just ignores them and keeps us updated on the build.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:08 AM   #704
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajefe View Post
Really hope these work out for you. As you know been following your build awhile now. It would be a shame to end up testing a set of one offs and them not work out with all that other $$$ going into your car.
They look great though and Jason seems to know his stuff. Your still braver than me though. Best of luck and I'll be anxiously following.
No different than buying a set of custom "one offs" from anywhere else. To replace the rods with forged units and not do the pistons would be stupid, but whenever I told people that they need custom pistons made for the rods people changed their minds upon hearing that. Don't know why. Like I said, only makes sense to do both. Not like anyone makes off the shelf forged pistons for the LFX anyway.

I decided to remove the taper based on GretchenGotGrowl's rods that were made by R&R seen below, left stock, right, obviously R&R.

It only makes sense that they would be stronger without the taper. R&R rods were $1300 a set last time I talked to them myself BTW.

I GAVE Jantzen this set of rods because I see what he has done, and is doing. I told him up front, "This is what they are, and this is what you need to do with them". Watching what he has done, and feeling confident in his ability to do it right and put thought into what he is doing is the only reason he has these rods, otherwise, they'd still be on my shelf. I didn't force him to take them, and he knows he can send them back at any time if he feel's they aren't worthy. I'd rather give them to someone knowing they will do some good than let them collect dust on my shelf. I still have one set I've saved for myself that I will put to use one day.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #705
Tajefe Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
No different than buying a set of custom "one offs" from anywhere else. To replace the rods with forged units and not do the pistons would be stupid, but whenever I told people that they need custom pistons made for the rods people changed their minds upon hearing that. Don't know why. Like I said, only makes sense to do both. Not like anyone makes off the shelf forged pistons for the LFX anyway.

I decided to remove the taper based on GretchenGotGrowl's rods that were made by R&R seen below, left stock, right, obviously R&R.

It only makes sense that they would be stronger without the taper. R&R rods were $1300 a set last time I talked to them myself BTW.

I GAVE Jantzen this set of rods because I see what he has done, and is doing. I told him up front, "This is what they are, and this is what you need to do with them". Watching what he has done, and feeling confident in his ability to do it right and put thought into what he is doing is the only reason he has these rods. I didn't force him to take them, and he knows he can send them back at any time if he feel's they aren't worthy.
So defensive and no need. I said you seem to know your stuff, as your statements usually prove. But you don't need to be so defensive about it man. Makes your stuff not worth reading anymore.
Just wishing him the best luck on his build I've been watching it for awhile now.

With that said, was wondering what a set of forged pistons is going for. Would you want to share that $ figure Jantzen?
Old 11-24-2015, 01:12 AM   #706
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajefe View Post
So defensive and no need. I said you seem to know your stuff, as your statements usually prove. But you don't need to be so defensive about it man. Makes your stuff not worth reading anymore.
Just wishing him the best luck on his build I've been watching it for awhile now.

With that said, was wondering what a set of forged pistons is going for. Would you want to share that $ figure Jantzen?
I can see how my post may have come across as slightly defensive. It just seems like you were down on the rods because they came from me, and they are "one off".

I was just stating some basic facts on what he has, and why they are made how they are made. I figured if it's good enough for the only 650+ hp v6 to exist on here, it's surely good enough for me. Just saying, a one off set from Wiseco, JE, Carrillo, Cosworth, etc, is still a one off set. This is pretty new grounds here regardless of who made them because none of the big wigs has wanted to dive into them. If Wiseco/K1/R&R etc would have made these rods production parts in the past, I never would have bothered. I've never even heard of R&R myself, but there are tons of places that make parts I've never heard of. Some of the best stuff out there is stuff you haven't even heard of.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:40 AM   #707
Pathogen

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizzio View Post
Sorry but you don't make the rules here........you must be slow to catch on. Evident by your currently engine less camaro.
Wow. You, sir, have won the compensating-douchebag of year award.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:55 AM   #708
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I think the rods are aresome! And I really appreciate them a lot Jason. Like I said before, I wasn't going to do any of this because it was just going to be more money than I could throw at the Camaro right now. I was going to spend $1500, put a nice low miles used motor in it and be more conservative with the boost. Then when Jason threw the rods on the table, I just couldn't pass it up.

"One offs" are expensive, and like Jason said, if you want rods or pistons for the LFX custom is your only option. As far as forged piston price, Wiseco quoted me 155 per piston with pin and rings so your looking at just under 1k for a set.

Last edited by JantzenOKC; 11-24-2015 at 10:02 AM.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:01 AM   #709
JantzenOKC

And yeah, thanks a lot MagnumForce!
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #710
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Cheaper than when I bought it. Need to see how much the LCA's are.

If you are doing a one piece driveshaft, don't forget the safety loop so you don't get part of it rammed up somewhere.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #711
MagnumForceGB

BTW, you need to add the coupon code.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:51 AM   #712
JantzenOKC

I think they were around 350. Driveshaft loop I will need and probably their camber bolt set because lowered on 1.25 pfadt springs I can't get the camber anywhere close to 0.0 I think around -1.0 was the closest I could get. And yeah I wasn't ordering it just making a wish list. Looks like the 15% would save me $75-80... But shipping showed to be like $72 which seemed pretty high but maybe it's heavier than I think.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #713
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I think they were around 350. Driveshaft loop I will need and probably their camber bolt set because lowered on 1.25 pfadt springs I can't get the camber anywhere close to 0.0 I think around -1.0 was the closest I could get. And yeah I wasn't ordering it just making a wish list. Looks like the 15% would save me $75-80... But shipping showed to be like $72 which seemed pretty high but maybe it's heavier than I think.
Their sale ad says free shipping:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430606

I'm looking at the adjustable LCA's, going to be over $500 after the coupon. Don't really know if I need them since I'm not putting down 5,000 rwhp yet, only 4,900.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #714
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Their sale ad says free shipping:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430606

I'm looking at the adjustable LCA's, going to be over $500 after the coupon. Don't really know if I need them since I'm not putting down 5,000 rwhp yet, only 4,900.
Oh wow, good catch, I didn't even see that. That will make for a pretty sweet deal.