The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #57
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Well, they need to do something soon as it will just get worse. If it stays this slow people will leave...dial up is quicker.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #58
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
It really sucks these days. I have very fast internet and very good computers. This is the only site that runs at a snail's pace for me.

In this day and age, I stopped expecting anything that works well so I just live with it.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #59
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Well good...I thought it was just me...

Thought I was back on dial up.....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #60
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Funny, right after my post above it kick me off with the 404 error until this morning. Then again at 8:10 like it always does.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:16 PM   #61
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Well good...I thought it was just me...

Thought I was back on dial up.....
Nope, not just you. It was so slow yesterday at times I gave up...
Old 12-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #62
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Nope, not just you. It was so slow yesterday at times I gave up...
Same with me. Very annoying. It is getting to the point that I want to stay away from this website.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:42 PM   #63
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It really sucks these days. I have very fast internet and very good computers. This is the only site that runs at a snail's pace for me.
Same here, fast ISP, fast desktop. I sure hope the mods or somebody at camaro5 are taking note of the forum outages/downtime lately.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:26 PM   #64
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Same with me. Very annoying. It is getting to the point that I want to stay away from this website.
I sent the administrator Tran a PM a week ago with a link to this thread. No response at all...

The speed needs to be fixed, or more and more members aren't going to bother to post here...

I'll try another PM now.

Last edited by SS 1LE; 12-17-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:10 AM   #65
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

FYI one of the mods told Tran the adminitrator about our issues. Seems there are similar complaints on Camaro 5...

MAYBE, something will be done now. Fingers crossed!
Old 12-18-2015, 06:36 AM   #66
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando16SS View Post
Part of the problem is that I think they are running Camaro5, Camaro6, and Corvette7 all off the same DB server. It is clearly not scaled properly for the load - I have constant issues during any time of the day.
This right here. ^^^

While VBulletin is a very robust software, once you get over 200 forums, with indexing searching going on PLUS a widely active userbase on all of them (not like you only have a few hundred concurrent users at a time), you need to have some decent , pipes, hardware and redundancy going on to run the place without much of a glitch.

Yes, VB can handle thousands of forums on a single license, but while they say they can, there's a price to do so. The more concurrent connections, the more (and better) hardware you need. Running a solo indexing server would be a great 1st step.

So, for example, the guy that runs NASIOC (Huge Subaru Community with 137k registered members and 150 forums) has this.... (probably has changed a few more things).

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...nasioc+servers

The big thing is this is all a database. If you don't have a killer segregated database server, it's going to have problems with a growing community.

Couple things he did early on was institute a "No Sig" policy. Keeps a clean forum, and much less data to serve (as it's all redundant anyways and not dynamic).

--kC
Old 12-18-2015, 06:48 AM   #67
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Wanna know something funny? I had a big post just written up here, someone else had also posted... submitted, refreshed, came back to it... and now... it's gone.

WTF. It was posted around 7:40am EDT, 10 min ago.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:58 AM   #68
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Wanna know something funny? I had a big post just written up here, someone else had also posted... submitted, refreshed, came back to it... and now... it's gone.

WTF. It was posted around 7:40am EDT, 10 min ago.
If after you hit submit if the site had another one of it's down times, or slow downs it may not have gone through. I had that happen a few times...I also have had the same post show up like five times and had to delete the others.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #69
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
They made some sort of upgrade last night around 9:45PM central time. I tried to view the forums then and the site was down due to an upgrade.

Hopefully that was to help this issue.

Last night I noticed the site seemed to be much more "snappy".

This morning it seemed good at first....then I had some majorly slow response times. But now it seems to be quicker again. I think its a good step anyways.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #70
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
They made some sort of upgrade last night around 9:45PM central time. I tried to view the forums then and the site was down due to an upgrade.

Hopefully that was to help this issue.

Last night I noticed the site seemed to be much more "snappy".

This morning it seemed good at first....then I had some majorly slow response times. But now it seems to be quicker again. I think its a good step anyways.
I saw that too, and it did seem better at first. But that may have been due to it being later at night. This morning it was still kinda slow...we won't know if that helped (if that is what it was, as I wasn't told it was getting upgrades yet via my PM back from a mod before) for a few days after use at various times.

Closed Thread