Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #57
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
Don't take no for an answer. It is a defective part that is in between the bumper to bumper warranty. They do not have a leg to stand on with it really. LED halos should last long past the warranty.
Gizz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #58
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I'm really looking forward to actually getting to talk to someone from GM face-to-face and finding out why this is so much trouble to get resolved and why that some dealers are replacing them when others do not.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #59
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
How long have you had your car? For me, the problem when away on its own over time. My halos are now identical.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #60
topgun1

New update--problem to be resolved!

Ok, so I met with a GM rep today at 1 pm like planned. I was prepared for the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. Real nice guy. shook my hand and introduced himself, made sure that was the said car in the bay. Didn't even speak to the service manager. Asked me to turn on the halos and back up a little to get a broader view, asked a dealer to bring in a second car with the halos from off the lot, parked them side-by-side. He plainly saw the difference in color b/w my driver's and passenger's side and saw that both halos were identical in the other car. He said basically "alright, I see the issue, we're going to order a new headlamp assembly for you and the dealer will call you to set it up. It will not be a warranty claim since the part does not appear defective, but rather a customer satisfaction claim (or something similar)." so either way, i'm not paying for the part or the install.

the asst. service manager called about an hour later said they have the part installed and I can bring it anytime to get it installed.

Wow, i was prepared for a battle royale, but the GM rep didn't argue at all, no questions asked. Wanted to make sure I was happy with the car and GM. I just wish I didn't have to jump through hoops to get to that stage.

but nonetheless, I got what I wanted and am breathing a sigh of relief!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....

Last edited by topgun1; 11-24-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
Ok, so I met with a GM rep today at 1 pm like planned. I was prepared for the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. Real nice guy. shook my hand and introduced himself, made sure that was the said car in the bay. Didn't even speak to the service manager. Asked me to turn on the halos and back up a little to get a broader view, asked a dealer to bring in a second car with the halos from off the lot, parked them side-by-side. He plainly saw the difference in color b/w my driver's and passenger's side and saw that both halos were identical in the other car. He said basically "alright, I see the issue, we're going to order a new headlamp assembly for you and the dealer will call you to set it up. It will not be a warranty claim since the part does not appear defective, but rather a customer satisfaction claim (or something similar)." so either way, i'm not paying for the part or the install.

the asst. service manager called about an hour later said they have the part installed and I can bring it anytime to get it installed.

Wow, i was prepared for a battle royale, but the GM rep didn't argue at all, no questions asked. Wanted to make sure I was happy with the car and GM. I just wish I didn't have to jump through hoops to get to that stage.

I'm very glad to hear it.

Usually, when a customer is reasonable, it's very easy to come to a resolution. I've heard of times when a guy will demand refunds, and free service, etc, etc, and enter meetings or phone calls all pissy....that's no way to get things done.

It took a while, but I'm glad to hear they came through and you're happy.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #62
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
That is awesome. Glad to hear that GM came through for you.
Gizz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #63
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
congrats. sometimes ya just gotta go up the chain of command.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #64
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

Thats wonderful, its just sad that it takes such a fight to get whats right!
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #65
topgun1

yes, glad it was resolved. some flak, but I suppose nothing's easy. I'm bringing the car in tomorrow to have it replaced along with my 10K mile service. wow, can't believe I've hit nearly 10K miles in the car!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #66
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
yes, glad it was resolved. some flak, but I suppose nothing's easy. I'm bringing the car in tomorrow to have it replaced along with my 10K mile service. wow, can't believe I've hit nearly 10K miles in the car!
i'm very happy to see you took the time . sometimes thats what needs to happen. you got the job done . you also helped other people see what it takes .

Last edited by bob vogel; 11-28-2010 at 09:38 PM.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #67
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Glad it's resolved!!!
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #68
topgun1

picked up the car today and the halo appears it matches the passenger's side. so should be all set now. let's hope it stays that way.

Last edited by topgun1; 11-29-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #69
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Ive had LOTS of first hand expierience dealing with gm with things like this. Heres a small part
new 07 suburban LTZ with no chrome handles-mirror caps or grill... got a 2 year smart care and all the chrome, same suburban tranny blew out at 33,000 miles. got tranny fixed, truck rental for entire time and when all said and done $2000 cash to say we are sorry
new gmc terrain. ordered in july, showed up end of october. 1000 cash to say sorry for the wait.
Ive called gm customer service each time, I had to call BBB for the chrome on the suburban, the other 2 they took care of on their own. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Id be on the phone with them every day about this. They want you to be happy, might even think about filing a claim with the BBB. it gets them in the talkable mood they need to be in.
Or as another guy said, your dealership could easily do this. Your service writer is the one holding you up. find another dealership, make friends with the writer and go from there.
good luck

Last edited by nomadicdogg; 12-01-2010 at 11:47 AM.
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote