Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #57
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
yA WHAT'S THE PART ###?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #58
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
A few thoughts:

1) I actually worked in the inventory office at a very large dealership (that was NOT for a GM brand, by the way) not too long ago. One of my responsibilities was to make adjustments as allowed to the cars allocated to us. Another was to help manage our ordered vehicles list. The process for the Camaro is really no different than the process for other cars. There is only so much say the dealer has over what cars it gets, when it gets them, and who's specifications they meet. There is only so much the manufacturer can do to meet the requests for ordered cars. Such is the reality of the relationship between mass manufacturers and mass distributors. Auto manufacturers like GM, Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc are NOT set up to work best under custom orders. The overwhelmingly vast majority of cars they sell fall under the "customer took whatever they liked best sitting on the dealer's lot". Ordered cars are the exception, not the rule.

That brings me to:

2) Yes, we, as enthusiasts, should be paid special attention to by GM, but we're not the only ones buying this car (thank God). As I noted above, the overwhelming majority of car purchases involve a customer walking onto a dealer's lot and buying what they have there. Very, very few people in the grand scheme of things have a specific order put in. Even if GM could focus solely on pre-ordered cars, by doing so they would be working against the average consumer, and those sales are important. OK, so 80% of pre-ordered cars are SS models. However, for all Camaros sold the overwhelming majority will be V6 models. Always has been, always will be. By GM building at a 50-50 ratio, they are in fact favoring the pre-orders. They're not exclusively catering to them, but this is a compromise to meet pre-order demand and serve average consumers. Is it ideal? No. But federal and state laws and the constraints of mass manufacture and distribution make an ideal solution elusive.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Old 01-10-2009, 03:42 AM   #59
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
these thread is the had to be the most annoying read i have had in a long time.

use this to get the sand out of your vajayjay
Old 01-10-2009, 03:54 AM   #60
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
By GM building at a 50-50 ratio, they are in fact favoring the pre-orders.
Thank you! This is what I was trying to say!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:52 AM   #61
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Censoring the IDL video, ending the thread on the delay/allocation...are we Americans or not?
It would be no different than if I posted one of my original songs that was not finished yet to several of my friends and one of them decided to post a link to it, it was meant for those friends to hear and not be released to the general public. I as copyright owner have the right to have the link taken down, that's "American".
Clyde
Old 01-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #62
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Did anybody notice that Dealer from the IDL seems to have dissappeared from posting? The may be in alot of trouble for spreading what could be a bunch of lies.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #63
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Yet the build ratio is still 50/50 even though the "marketing study" told you the ratio is 80/20 in favor of the V8. I'm not seeing where the adjustment is...
Wasn't the original ratio 20/80 V8 to V6 and adjusted to 50/50?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #64
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Sure, we are americans!

But,

IDL video is never intended for the public...hence why only ONE dealer put it out there. We were asked to take it down. We did.

As nicely as I can remind everyone, we do have the freedom of speech...but this is a privately owned website (notice no sponsors telling US what to do!!!) which means if we, the mods and admins, want to do something, we can. We don't like to do that (since it can upset a few people), but we have no problem in doing so (for the betterment of the community). But, to keep in the good graces of GM and have their employees keep coming here (and to keep the information they want private, held private) we will abide by their wishes (or most of them...*poke, poke*)
Old 01-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #65
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
This thread should
Old 01-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #66
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Did I really pay $500 last fall thinking that I ordered a Camaro but really was duped into paying for a GM marketing study? I don't like being manipulated. Is this list just a part of GM marketing? Seems that maybe the thread about the delayed launch/allocations were too truthy?
Quote:
No I am asking if they were really genuine about delivering the car I want(ed) as early as possible.
Quote:
Why was the thread with the GM video about the delays and the allocation details halted and the moderator mentioning that he may cut that video out?
Quote:
Maybe because they thought they could shoot straight with everyone since they took no orders?
Quote:
Why is allocation so complicated that it can not be explained on a thread?
Quote:
From what I have gleaned of the allocation process, seems the ordering customer falls somewhere below GM's needs; and then the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
QUOTE "YOU WANTED TO SEE WHERE PEOPLES THOUGHTS WERE SO THAT YOU CAN ADJUST SUPPLY TO DEMAND"" HOGWASHHHHHHH!!!!!

EARLY ON EVEN IN THE FIRST WEEKS FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS THE SS WAS OUT ORDERING BY A SIGNIFICANY NUMBER THE V-6S'

you guys knew that months ago and you know it now so whats this hogwash about supply to demand??????---come on guys preorder put your money down youll get your cars first ---yeah right we were duped an all this crap now about making sure you get a great car being the reason foir delay--well tell that to the guys that preordered the ss and put money down to be able to get a jump on production as it was told to us--tell that to the guys that wont see an ss til october --tell that to the guys they may not see their ss til next year inspite of pre ordering all the while gm collects interest on our down payments
Quote:
I am refering to us - those of us who ordered these pre-production cars. Seems we are considered last when it comes to getting what we ordered. In other words that SS/RS that you ordered will not be made until GM wants to make it - they seem to wanna make V6's- and this allocation is also dependant upon the dealer who has no obligation to prioritize your order above his own and likely won't is he can make a profit selling another SS to someone offering more $$$.
Quote:
Somehow, I thought by ordering the pre-production car early that I would be the first to have one of it's kind...according to the video below that may not be the case. I can see why the earliest cars will be in showrooms for all to see/drive but why should I not be driving mine along side them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
After what I have seen and heard today. I will be shocked if it is just a month delay on SS Camaros.I hope I am wrong, but I could give you some stories about how some of my friends got done on there Dodge Challengers.I fear some of the same mess.
Quote:
Censoring the IDL video, ending the thread on the delay/allocation...are we Americans or not?
Quote:
Yeah, yo right dat mus be way too much fo me to knowed bout down here South of South!
Quote:
Bye DGthe3/Fbodfather/etc.

I have seen da light.

stevo, could you please read this?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11525
Old 01-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #67
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
QUOTE "YOU WANTED TO SEE WHERE PEOPLES THOUGHTS WERE SO THAT YOU CAN ADJUST SUPPLY TO DEMAND"" HOGWASHHHHHHH!!!!!

EARLY ON EVEN IN THE FIRST WEEKS FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS THE SS WAS OUT ORDERING BY A SIGNIFICANY NUMBER THE V-6S'

you guys knew that months ago and you know it now so whats this hogwash about supply to demand??????---come on guys preorder put your money down youll get your cars first ---yeah right we were duped an all this crap now about making sure you get a great car being the reason foir delay--well tell that to the guys that preordered the ss and put money down to be able to get a jump on production as it was told to us--tell that to the guys that wont see an ss til october --tell that to the guys they may not see their ss til next year inspite of pre ordering all the while gm collects interest on our down payments

FIRST SIR: GM did not take your money....therefore we can't make interest on it. Your DEALER may have taken your money -- but he is not GM.

STOP listening to people who do not know what they are talking about. No one is saying that SSs won't be built til October.

Sorry if I'm a bit abrupt.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #68
Jarvis59
owner/operator VIN 1760

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
FIRST SIR: GM did not take your money....therefore we can't make interest on it. Your DEALER may have taken your money -- but he is not GM.

STOP listening to people who do not know what they are talking about. No one is saying that SSs won't be built til October.

Sorry if I'm a bit abrupt.
Fbod,
Thanks again for all the posts.

I believe your first priority is making the best GM products possible and your second is keeping the public imformed about your progress.

We all look foward (selfishly) to you fulfilling the first with the launch of the Camaro. We already know you fulfill the second!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #69
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Did anybody notice that Dealer from the IDL seems to have dissappeared from posting? The may be in alot of trouble for spreading what could be a bunch of lies.
they're in the back of a couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
This thread should

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis59 View Post
Fbod,
Thanks again for all the posts.

I believe your first priority is making the best GM products possible and your second is keeping the public imformed about your progress.

We all look foward (selfishly) to you fulfilling the first with the launch of the Camaro. We already know you fulfill the second!
+10!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
Old 01-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #70
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
im not mad but just a little dissapointed that i was under the impression that i could order a camaro ss and have it by march/april. Gm dissapointed me alot because now i wont have the car to drive when i get my junior license in 3 months. not cool

Closed Thread