The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-31-2014, 06:40 PM   #57
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
And how many of those are going to Armed Forces personnel on bases? My point... How many Luigis in Turin? How many Friedrichs in Berlin?

No hate, pal. A dose of "market reality"...
That's what you're holding onto?

So by that logic almost all American cars that are sold in European trim are obviously being sold to Americans living abroad?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #58
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So by that logic almost all American cars that are sold in European trim are obviously being sold to Americans living abroad?
No...but the MAJORITY of "all" those American cars are. And "all" those American cars sold in Europe is a mighty small number, relative to what's sold here.

We consume BOATLOADS of Euro-Cars. Not so much, the other way...

FACT.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:11 PM   #59
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
No...but the MAJORITY of "all" those American cars are. And "all" those American cars sold in Europe is a mighty small number, relative to what's sold here.

FACT.
Do you have citation for your statement about how most American cars sold overseas are to Americans living abroad?

If you are going to say that what you say is fact then I simply require you to provide evidence
Old 08-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #60
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:

FACT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
If you are going to say that what you say is fact then I simply require you to provide evidence
A child of 6 knows this to be true...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #61
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
A child of 6 knows this to be true...
That isn't the fact requiring evidence
Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #62
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Doesn't matter who buys them. Simple fact is we don't export cars to Europe in any significant numbers.

First, our cars are generally too big, consume too much fuel AND don't have Diesel engines. Further we don't have hatches or wagons which are big sellers. And the cars that do like the Focus are built here and there so exporting them is pointless.

And the biggest is a market difference that in the US small cars are cheap cars. In Europe that isn't the case.

I hope the Mustang does great. I hope they sell 100's of thousands there with a Camaro right behind it. But the European market would rather have a hatch or wagon or even a sedan.

Current Camaro is too big, has an engine and FE (which is the same as CO2) driving higher purchase costs and frankly is a coupe which isn't popular in very many markets. Even the coupe market here is a fraction of what it was historically.

So I have no hate for the Mustang and frankly the Ford brand is far more successful in Europe. Chevy has pretty much pulled up stakes.

Think there is an Opel/Vauxhall under all that Camo? It would have to be for the Camaro to do well there.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #63
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Doesn't matter who buys them. Simple fact is we don't export cars to Europe in any significant numbers.

First, our cars are generally too big, consume too much fuel AND don't have Diesel engines. Further we don't have hatches or wagons which are big sellers. And the cars that do like the Focus are built here and there so exporting them is pointless.

And the biggest is a market difference that in the US small cars are cheap cars. In Europe that isn't the case.

I hope the Mustang does great. I hope they sell 100's of thousands there with a Camaro right behind it. But the European market would rather have a hatch or wagon or even a sedan.

Current Camaro is too big, has an engine and FE (which is the same as CO2) driving higher purchase costs and frankly is a coupe which isn't popular in very many markets. Even the coupe market here is a fraction of what it was historically.

So I have no hate for the Mustang and frankly the Ford brand is far more successful in Europe. Chevy has pretty much pulled up stakes.

Think there is an Opel/Vauxhall under all that Camo? It would have to be for the Camaro to do well there.
You just nailed it...No one could have said it better...
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote