Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-18-2018, 06:26 PM   #659
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Hey now don't go knocking my 07 lol. It didn't have a terrible 4 speed auto, it had the awful 5 speed auto haha. The 5R55S was a piece of junk compared to the 4R75W that was in my 04.
Ah, I didn't know it was a 5sp. At least it was better than the 4sp autos in the New Edge GTs. I had an 03.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
Just watched the H2H. Man this SS is a sweet platform!!! Decided to check out the comments on M6G. What a shit show over there!! They have all kinds of excuses lol. Claiming engine torque is meaningless etc.
They have an excuse for everything. Their favorite excuse is that it isn't an "apples to apples" comparison. ZL1 destroys the GT350R and it isn't apples to apples. SS beats the GT and it isn't "apples to apples". SS 1LE annihilates the GTPP and it isn't "apples to apples". I mean, they're running out of trim levels at this point. When they're matched by price point it isn't fair. When they're matched by trim level it isn't fair. When the Mustang is an extra trim level higher and the SS still matches it then it doesn't count because it was on a different day. I guess it won't be a fair comparison unless the Mustang wins. So they better hope and pray for a GT PP2 win and a GT500 win. Because they're running out of excuses. Oh and the other excuse is that Mustang owners don't care about performance...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #660
Syphon23

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Just watched the H2H. Man this SS is a sweet platform!!! Decided to check out the comments on M6G. What a shit show over there!! They have all kinds of excuses lol. Claiming engine torque is meaningless etc.
Yep LoL! And they are claiming the merritts of 1 mile drag races by saying "Oh well I just like to go fast on the highways!"
Old 01-18-2018, 07:01 PM   #661
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
When you can't pass muster...the next step is, typically: Lower the Bar.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #662
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ah, I didn't know it was a 5sp. At least it was better than the 4sp autos in the New Edge GTs. I had an 03.

They have an excuse for everything. Their favorite excuse is that it isn't an "apples to apples" comparison. ZL1 destroys the GT350R and it isn't apples to apples. SS beats the GT and it isn't "apples to apples". SS 1LE annihilates the GTPP and it isn't "apples to apples". I mean, they're running out of trim levels at this point. When they're matched by price point it isn't fair. When they're matched by trim level it isn't fair. When the Mustang is an extra trim level higher and the SS still matches it then it doesn't count because it was on a different day. I guess it won't be a fair comparison unless the Mustang wins. So they better hope and pray for a GT PP2 win and a GT500 win. Because they're running out of excuses. Oh and the other excuse is that Mustang owners don't care about performance...
100% agree. Although I do think the 500 will be faster in the 1/4 than the ZL1.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #663
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
100% agree. Although I do think the 500 will be faster in the 1/4 than the ZL1.
If the gt500 doesn’t beat the zl1, that would be a huge fail.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #664
Syphon23

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
If the gt500 doesn’t beat the zl1, that would be a huge fail.
Yep.. its got 2 years of development over the ZL1. I think the GT500 will be faster in the 1/4 but I dont know about it being faster than a ZL1 1LE around a track. Its got a lot of weight to lose. Also good luck getting a GT500 for under 90k as well.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #665
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I guarantee that torque will be meaningful to them when the GT500 arrives and that artificial displacement give high torque = high power.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 01-18-2018 at 07:58 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #666
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
The GT500 is supposed to have a cross plane crank 5.2L with 12psi of boost at 10:1 for over 700HP, a 7spd DCT, monster brakes, and chassis starting point of a GT350.

If the GT500 lives up to the potential listed above, they will have a great car, without question.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:42 PM   #667
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The GT500 might not have to outhandle the ZL1 if it can overpower it enough in the straights to make up for any cornering losses. If it comes in at 750 hp then that is a huge gap. I don't think the ZL1 can overcome that kind of difference unless it handles just way way better. The GT500 needs to handle as well as the non-R GT350 at the very least and then have a good 75-100 hp advantage and it'll match or beat the ZL1. The ZL1 1LE will be a different story.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #668
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
The GT500 might not have to outhandle the ZL1 if it can overpower it enough in the straights to make up for any cornering losses. If it comes in at 750 hp then that is a huge gap. I don't think the ZL1 can overcome that kind of difference unless it handles just way way better. The GT500 needs to handle as well as the non-R GT350 at the very least and then have a good 75-100 hp advantage and it'll match or beat the ZL1. The ZL1 1LE will be a different story.
Take a look at the 1LE vs ZL1 times on Big Willow. That big of HP difference only paid 2 secs better with essentially the same car. You're talking about half that HP advantage on the R's time, which is 2 secs behind as well. They are going to need more than just a blown 5.2L in a R to get ahead of the ZL1. I definitely think it's possible, but they have to improve in handling or weight.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #669
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
This concept you described is exactly what happened in 2014 when they put that 662hp engine in there. It was still left in the dust.

We'll see, should be interesting!
Old 01-18-2018, 11:41 PM   #670
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Yes, over there the main rationale is that "Well, the GT is alot more comfortable as a daily driver".

I guess sitting on a stack of phone books on a waterbed is good for daily driving.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:07 AM   #671
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
Quote:

utter bunch of retards over on that forum..
the camaro wipes the floor with the s550 end of story...the s550 chassis is junk..nothing can be done about the shite platform
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #672
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
When you can't pass muster...the next step is, typically: Lower the Bar.
Or cancel the car until Australia saves your ass with a new platform
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote