The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #43
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
Hell yeah, especially since we won! I still need to work on my running cause I didn't make the mile in a half in 13:30 but it wasn't cause I was winded really, my shins hurt like hell, I need some new shoes the ones I'm running in are way past their prime lol.
Yeah, I know that made ya feel better to be the top group.

So new shoes and serious stretching should solve the shin problem. I used to have that too.

What did you think of those Drill Instructors? I know yall had some meet and greet time with them.

I was with the smallest group there, RSS Cullman.. We were the ones with the sickest shirts of all the guys there (they were dark blue, and we were staged on the opposite side of the field as yall were)
Old 04-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #44
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Ok I got ya I know which group your talking about, those were some nice shirts too. The drill instructors were pretty cool to talk to, I couldn't understand a single word they were saying when they were giving us that small taste of what's to come lol. All in all it was a good day, I found out what I need to work on and got some questions answered. I just can't wait to get my eagle, globe, and anchor now.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #45
Katts-SS
Katt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know nothing about the Corp BUT I do know that people like you are rare and I want to wish you the very best and hope your next few years are your glory days! Take good care and Thank You and your fellow service men/women. Please keep us posted if you can.
Katts-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #46
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

I plan to, my recruiters take a picture of us before we ship out and when we come back to see the difference. I may do the same. I'm gonna miss my hair lol.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #47
tlnewell0426

Drives: 1SS ABM
Former Marine here, as well as a former Air-Winger! I use to work on F-18s before I got out in 2003. Recruit training, as someone said previously, is just a big mind game. The physical part you will get use to in no time. Always speak up and volunteer, the DI's love that stuff. You may get flamed a little more but the DIs tend to put there "motivators" in positions such as squad leaders, and possibly platoon guides. The guide and 2 squad leaders in my platoon got meritoriously promoted because they spoke up. Also embrace the "pit" you will learn to love it (not) Also, a tid bit if information on that...if you ever see a DI take of his hat to check his schedule, chances are there is "pit" time slated!

We had a DI take off his hat and one of my buddies saw that pit time was scheduled for 1300, sure enough we werent marching right and we were in the pit at 1259.

Also remeber that everything they do is for a reason, wheter it be sitting right over left, sucking in little grasps of air, or w/e, it is for a reason.

I applaud you in becoming one of my brothers!!
tlnewell0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #48
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

F-18's is what I want to work on! That's my favorite active fighter.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #49
GEIST LS9
An Evil Automotive Genius

Drives: 2003 Mercury Sable GS
hey man i'm in army basic right now(i'm on leave and it's a long story..see elsewhere) but I had a MARINE AS A ROOMATE AT THE HOTEL,they're good people and when i arrived at the airport people do appreciate the fact you wear that uniform and many people thanked me and i haven't gone to war yet.keep your head up man and you'll make it
GEIST LS9 is offline   Reply With Quote