The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
That's a good plan...I'm going to have to go for a year with just the Camaro...winter...(shudder)
Old 06-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #44
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That's a good plan...I'm going to have to go for a year with just the Camaro...winter...(shudder)

I feel your pain! :eek: My 01' SS was horriffic in the snow, but at the time, I couldn't afford a winter beater. The only way I managed at all was with bonnafide snow tires on all 4 corners, but it was still pretty hairy. Hopefully the 5th gen will have some form of traction control.
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham

:pNo, that's not what I meant. I can handle the power on snow, I've done it before...I'm talking about ---dare I say it---RUST!!!:eek: AHHHH!!!

I'm afraid to let my baby out in the snow, especially where I live, there's lots of snow, which means lots of salt - which is the Anti-Car

I think I'll be alright for a year or 2, if I super-protect the under side each fall and super-clean the under side each spring...but like I said, I'm afraid of Rust on muscle cars. Hopefully I can afford to get the crappiest car on the used lot, and keep the 'Maro under the hood for the winter...I should be able to make one payment on the Camaro then drive it for a full year:(, then I have a guaranteed job out of college - so I'll pick up a crappy Cobalt or whatever...Ah, plans...they never work
Old 06-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #46
cannondalerider
LSWEE

Drives: CGM LS3 2SS/RS
My Car... Chevy had nothing for me when I got it...
MAZDA_PICS.pdf

For fun:

Its a street legal 2003 Cannondale Cannibal. Before fuel-injected quads came out, Cannondale made this. Very powerful, all-aluminum frame, very fast.
Attached Images

Last edited by cannondalerider; 06-19-2007 at 08:55 PM.
cannondalerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #47
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by marczsport View Post
I feel your pain! :eek: My 01' SS was horriffic in the snow, but at the time, I couldn't afford a winter beater. The only way I managed at all was with bonnafide snow tires on all 4 corners, but it was still pretty hairy. Hopefully the 5th gen will have some form of traction control.
They had some form of traction control option in 2001. My 2002 had it. I never had any major problems (with a V6 and less power than your V8) in snow.

Whatever I drive is my one and only car, so... Don't have the luxury of a 2nd car unfortunately.

My first car was a Camaro, so I learned early how to handle them in the show.. Once you can drive a Camaro in the snow, you can drive anything.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #48
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
They had some form of traction control option in 2001. My 2002 had it. I never had any major problems (with a V6 and less power than your V8) in snow.

Whatever I drive is my one and only car, so... Don't have the luxury of a 2nd car unfortunately.

My first car was a Camaro, so I learned early how to handle them in the show.. Once you can drive a Camaro in the snow, you can drive anything.
Amen to that! That and on top of driving a minivan for 4 years (parking, and turning), I'll be the best driver out there aside from the speeding

Yeah, I don't know how I'll be able to afford two cars...physically I think I can, but insurance is going to kill me, literally. I'm going to probably have to un-register the V8 rumbler every winter...(sigh)
Old 06-20-2007, 01:39 AM   #49
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I love driving the TA in the snow(except for salt. I just wash the hell out of everything regularly). I grew up in New England driving nothing but RWD though, so I can do just about anything with a car in the snow. Wanna hear something crazy? My wife grew up in NYC, so she never had a need for a lisence. She learned to drive in a Humvee. She got her lisence while I was on block leave before my last deployment in '04. Then she drove my 4X4 extended cab Dodge Ram for the year that I was deployed. She even drove it to NYC and survived. I'm proud of her. Tuvkngfan, those are some awesome rides you got there. Have either of the 928s been down the 1/4?
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:24 AM   #50
truvkngfan

Drives: Porsche928,AMV8,Acadia,Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
Tuvkngfan, those are some awesome rides you got there. Have either of the 928s been down the 1/4?
No, they haven't yet. I did g-time a 0-60 pass in both, the Yellow one ran 4 flat and the orange ran a 4.9.
truvkngfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #51
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Amen to that! That and on top of driving a minivan for 4 years (parking, and turning), I'll be the best driver out there aside from the speeding

Yeah, I don't know how I'll be able to afford two cars...physically I think I can, but insurance is going to kill me, literally. I'm going to probably have to un-register the V8 rumbler every winter...(sigh)
If you just have liability on the 2nd vehicle the insurance shouldn't be that bad.

A few years ago I WAS able to afford a 2nd vehicle. I had an Extended Cab S10 Xtreme w/Full Coverage and a 1993 Lumina Z34 w/just Liability. My insurance was only around $1500 a year. I was 26 or 27 at the time.

Since then I've purchased a house, so the idea of a 2nd car isn't possible anymore. LOL I'll take the house over another car anyday though.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #52
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
I feel sorry for everyone that has to drive the new Camaro in the snow and salt? I have not seen snow in 27 years, and don't miss it one bit. Oh, I will also be able to drive my new Camaro year round, (no snow in south Florida). The only thing that will keep me from driving is the severe rain storms we can get in the summer months.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:22 AM   #53
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
You know, for a stang, that's nice...Of course I'm just partial to silver and black

but is that a custom stripe paint job? Coz it looks pretty...

Looks like the boss stripe pattern.
Attached Images

Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #54
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Looks like the boss stripe pattern.
meh, thats close enough... mine is most like the first one, but it doesn't have a break in the stripe that says Boss 302. Can't false advertise you know

But yeah, they're after market vynils(spelling?) and so is the rear pannel between the tail lights. I also had the spoiler painted black...just to tie it all in
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #55
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Looks good either way. Clean lines always make a car look better. And the two tone (vinyl and paint) gives the car a lot more depth. Not just the same bland one color car.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #56
Mr. Wyndham

right.
That's why I need stripes of some kind. I've said it before. Camaro is pretty no matter how you look at it, but Stripes will help. Look at the vert vs the coupe. alone the coupe looks sharp. but against the Vert. (ignore the 'vert' part) the stripes make it look more menacing - to me, anyway...