The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #43
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
how about a 70 Chevelle Front clip with a 71/72 rear on Faster

Yes I cought that one too.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #44
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
I've noticed that many cars in tv and movies use a Mustang sound track, even 4 bangers driving off.
On American Graffitti when the Toad is trying to buy booze a customer comes out of the liquor store, gets into his '60 Chevrolet, and starts it up.
The sound of the engine starting is that of a flathead Ford- not a chevy V/8.....
Old 12-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #45
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Did you guys notice when the charger pulls the wheels it shoots the front end straight up and then takes off? Weird. Never seen a car pull a wheelie like that. How bout when vin diesel is hauling ass across the desert in the chevelle prolly 90mph...he down shifts and then pulls a wheelie. On the dirt. At speed. He also popped a wheelie on the street in the city with regular radial tires.
Or how about the fact he pops a wheelie AND does a burnout at the same time, because the laws of physics don't apply, you either have traction or you don't LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I remember wondering that when I first saw the movie in theatres...

...that and trying to tell my friends (who drove standard transmission vehicles) that double-clutching is a bunch of ...
Well... double-clutching is not BS, however double clutching while in a straight line drag race that you are obviously only upshifting... thats BS.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #46
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I tried explaining to them that "double-clutching" is for vehicles with unsynchronized manual transmissions like big-rig trucks and that none of the vehicles in that movie matched that description.

But since they all had very limited knowledge of how a transmission actually works, I usually just fell back on the, "are you really going to get your technical driving skill instruction from a guy named Vin Diesel?"

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #47
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
how about a 70 Chevelle Front clip with a 71/72 rear on Faster

i wouldnt call that a mistake but definately something only car guys would notice. I always liked the 71-72 rear lights/bumper way more than the 70. The 70 rear looked like it wasnt thought out/generic. The 71-72 front end though looks generic.kinda like a van with the single round headlights on each side
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #48
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I tried explaining to them that "double-clutching" is for vehicles with unsynchronized manual transmissions like big-rig trucks and that none of the vehicles in that movie matched that description.

But since they all had very limited knowledge of how a transmission actually works, I usually just fell back on the, "are you really going to get your technical driving skill instruction from a guy named Vin Diesel?"
LOL!! While double-clutching and heel-toeing are terms often used interchangeably (and I'd like to think the directors made this mistake as well) and they both work on the same principle but in practice are much different. You wouldn't want to bother double-clutch downshifting if you're trying to go fast lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
i wouldnt call that a mistake but definately something only car guys would notice. I always liked the 71-72 rear lights/bumper way more than the 70. The 70 rear looked like it wasnt thought out/generic. The 71-72 front end though looks generic.kinda like a van with the single round headlights on each side
I think this happens a lot because they often piece together junkyard cars when they use old muscle cars in movies. Especially ones that are gonna get crashed or destroyed.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #49
jamie

Drives: 2011 cyber gray 1LT
I love that. Why the heck would the floorboard come apart from using N02? The Engine yeah, but not the floorboard? LOL.

How about when the Asian gang shoot up the eclipse and the both run screaming NOS and the car explodes? N02 is not flamable on its own... LOL

Movies crack me up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelboy1015 View Post
In Fast and Furious near the end when they are being chased by the drug cartels through the underground tunnels, when the Subaru STI wagon flips over coming out of the cave, there is no drivetrain/driveshaft/etc underneath the car and the underside is red while the body is white. I pointed this out when I was watching it in the theater and my friends thought I was watching the movie too hard, lol.

Also in the first Fast and the Furious in the opening scene with the Eclipse, if you listen to how many times he shifts, he has a special edition 12 speed transmission, haha. Another part is in that first race, his diamond plate floorboard falls out, but later Vin Diesel rides in the passenger seat without his feet dragging on the road.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote