Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #43
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Sounds like an awesome route!!!

So I just realized that Van Sant Covered Bridge is also known as Cry Baby Bridge...which according to the legend a young mother tossed her new born baby from the bridge, and it can still be heard crying at night. There's also other stories about people seeing spirits hanging from the rafters as the bridge was once used to hang horse theives. And then there are also claims that if you stop your car for a few minutes on the bridge, you'll start to hear noises and see hand prints...but as long as we are out of there by midnight we should be OK (don't want any spirits putting their grubby little hands on my car). LOL

Anyway, enough of the urban legends for now. My vote would be for brown bagging a lunch. Given the area most of the restaurants will mostly be converted farm houses/mills and parking 18+ cars could turn into a logistical nightmare. HAHA...kind of like how we took over we took over Dilly's the last cruise.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #44
SilverICEK

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
And then there are also claims that if you stop your car for a few minutes on the bridge, you'll start to hear noises and see hand prints...but as long as we are out of there by midnight we should be OK (don't want any spirits putting their grubby little hands on my car). LOL
Thanks for the new paranoia. Now after the cruise if I see hand prints on my car I'll think a ghost has followed me home!
SilverICEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #45
Bee

Oops...probably should have saved that one for a Halloween cruise.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #46
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
So I just realized that Van Sant Covered Bridge is also known as Cry Baby Bridge...which according to the legend a young mother tossed her new born baby from the bridge, and it can still be heard crying at night. There's also other stories about people seeing spirits hanging from the rafters as the bridge was once used to hang horse theives. And then there are also claims that if you stop your car for a few minutes on the bridge, you'll start to hear noises and see hand prints...but as long as we are out of there by midnight we should be OK (don't want any spirits putting their grubby little hands on my car). LOL
This is great! I wonder what other legends we can find about the bridges. I'll google around and see what pops up.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #47
Zmans2ss/rs

Drives: 2010 chevy camaro 2ss/rs
Covered Bridge Cruise

I hope the weather holds out. Really looking forward to the cruise and learning more about the bridges. I was told about the cruise and camaro5.com @ Cegees on 8-20-11, a car show in Berks county PA. Thank you for the information man.
Zmans2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #48
Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
This is great! I wonder what other legends we can find about the bridges. I'll google around and see what pops up.
I thought everyone in Bucks know about Cry Baby Bridge? When I was a teenager, a bunch of us always talked about going there, but we could never find the place (no Google at that time).

Another place you might be interested in checking out is Gravity Hill (aka Buckingham Mountain). Again, never could find it when I was younger, but always heard the stories. Apparently, you can put your car in neutral and it will slowly roll up the hill. Whether it is the work of the devil or other supernatural forces is a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmans2ss/rs View Post
I hope the weather holds out. Really looking forward to the cruise and learning more about the bridges. I was told about the cruise and camaro5.com @ Cegees on 8-20-11, a car show in Berks county PA. Thank you for the information man.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #49
Zmans2ss/rs

Reply to BEE bout Buckingham Mountain

It is in Buckingham Township: a quarter mile from the mount Gilead African Methodist Episcopal Church. More specifically, Holicong Road heading south just before Buckingham Mountain. That sounds like a cool spot to check out. Does anyone know if we are stopping for food during our covered bridge cruise?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #50
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmans2ss/rs View Post
I'm glad you took my advice and checked out our site. We have a great group of people on here. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. I'll see you on the covered bridge.

I'm sure we could find some place to eat. I don't like brown bags.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #51
pegasus6925

Drives: 2010 1/SS/RS Purple
Haha, that's funny. When I lived in Ohio there was a road in Kirtland Hills that had the same thing!

Quote:
I thought everyone in Bucks know about Cry Baby Bridge? When I was a teenager, a bunch of us always talked about going there, but we could never find the place (no Google at that time).

Another place you might be interested in checking out is Gravity Hill (aka Buckingham Mountain). Again, never could find it when I was younger, but always heard the stories. Apparently, you can put your car in neutral and it will slowly roll up the hill. Whether it is the work of the devil or other supernatural forces is a mystery.

~Peggy~

pegasus6925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #52
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
Count me and my wife in, also.
Ralph, John & Peggy.....we could meet at the Trailside before heading there.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #53
Zmans2ss/rs

Brown bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I'm glad you took my advice and checked out our site. We have a great group of people on here. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. I'll see you on the covered bridge.

I'm sure we could find some place to eat. I don't like brown bags.
Either do i.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #54
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I don't like brown bags.

There's the American Grill up at the the intersection of Rte 611 and 32. Anyone familiar enough with it to make a recommendation?
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 AM   #55
pegasus6925

Drives: 2010 1/SS/RS Purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Kern View Post
Sounds good to me!

~Peggy~

pegasus6925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #56
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Kern View Post
Travel Route:

PA Turnpike east to exit 351
US 1 to 95N
Exit 51 to New Hope

87 miles, 80-90 minutes

We can meet at Dunkin Donuts. Leave there at 8 AM.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote