Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #43
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: '23 CT5-V BW, '21 Corvette HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
What I was talking about was being able to see the factory RPM & MPH HUD graphic display while seeing Dashlogic DIC displays ...can you do that with V1.18 ?
I see the factory MPH but use Dashlogic to display rpm. I prefer seeing actual numbers rather than a graphical representation that has some lag.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #44
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
What I was talking about was being able to see the factory RPM & MPH HUD graphic display while seeing Dashlogic DIC displays ...can you do that with V1.18 ?

I believe your correct that you cannot see the factory RPM.

This is mainly due to the way the dash logic communicates the data over the onstar system. A lot of the "issues" that are reported are not really issues but rather the way the dash logic functions.

With that said, the two issues I had were HP/TQ and Trans temp but with the latest update they had, that fixed the issues for me. If your using an extension cable and experiencing issues, remove the extension and see if the issues persist. I know with the extension cables, a lot of propel experienced issues with the device freezing, not coming on with car is running, etc
Old 12-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #45
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero5 View Post
I believe your correct that you cannot see the factory RPM.

This is mainly due to the way the dash logic communicates the data over the onstar system. A lot of the "issues" that are reported are not really issues but rather the way the dash logic functions.

With that said, the two issues I had were HP/TQ and Trans temp but with the latest update they had, that fixed the issues for me. If your using an extension cable and experiencing issues, remove the extension and see if the issues persist. I know with the extension cables, a lot of propel experienced issues with the device freezing, not coming on with car is running, etc
I'm using an extension cable but had the same problem ("Unnamed Road" msg) with or without the extension as soon as I upgraded to v1.17. Only with v1.15 can I get the factory RPM & MPH graphic display with Dashlogic DIC displays with the extension. As I said before Palmer made a major change beginning with v1.17 for the '14 MYlinks that is NOT compatible with the '10-'13s ...got this directly from Palmer .
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #46
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
Quote:
Try this ...unplug the unit, pull Cluster fuse, wait 10 secs, plug in unit and start the car.
nice photo, two questions just to be sure (I am just pulling the single 10a fuse? and where are these fuses located approximately) thank you.
fellow camaroian. also I am using the extension cable, I might give It a go to see if I get better results without it, although it will not be very practical without the cable imo.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #47
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
nice photo, two questions just to be sure (I am just pulling the single 10a fuse? and where are these fuses located approximately) thank you.
fellow camaroian. also I am using the extension cable, I might give It a go to see if I get better results without it, although it will not be very practical without the cable imo.
Two questions just to be sure (I am just pulling the single 10a fuse? Yes and where are these fuses located approximately) The fuse panel is behind the left end of the drivers side dashboard (it's shown in the owners manual). Remove the panel cover by popping it out ( you can use your fingers but a trim tool or credit card is easier) Once you get the panel cover off (real easy to do) you'll see the fuse panel. You'll may hear some slight clicking noise soon as your pull the fuse, that's just the DIC resetting itself which is why you're pulling the fuse.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #48
Emvici

great information, hopefully I get some good results.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:19 AM   #49
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL155 View Post
I just did a quick read on this at the play store. Seems awesome. How does this stack up against the dash logic? Is there control over the exhaust with it? And Also I take it there is a cable to purchase with this to connect it to the car?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Torque is just a obd reader. No exhaust control and only displays on your phone. You need to buy a blue tooth adapter for your obd port to make the torque app do anything.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:25 AM   #50
Emvici

fuse pull didn't help make the dashlogic initialize on startup. bummer. Does any one else get it to start when the car starts?.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #51
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
fuse pull didn't help make the dashlogic initialize on startup. bummer. Does any one else get it to start when the car starts?.

No issues at start. As soon as my car starts, the dash logic powers up.

You might want to give Palmer a call. Make sure you aren't using any extension cords.

Have you tried plugging anything else in your obd port and see if it powers on at start?
Old 12-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #52
Emvici

I use an extension cord. will yours start up if you use an extension ?.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #53
camguynj

Quote:
Do you turn the DIC setting on the Turn Signal lever to NAV mode?
Old 12-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #54
Emvici

no I haven't done that with the nav..

have you gotten it to start without an extension?.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #55
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Dashlogic

Quote:
I use an extension cord. will yours start up if you use an extension ?.
Mine starts with and without the extension.

Remove the extension and try without. I have seen several threads about different issues because of the extension.

I do use an extension and the issue I have which I know is due to the extension is mine will freeze when WOT sometimes.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #56
camguynj

Quote:
no I haven't done that with the nav..

have you gotten it to start without an extension?.
Yes, both with & without but not all extensions are compatible with factory pin usage. Here's the one I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1