Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #407
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #408
F5ABM
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LT/RS/6A
Smokey Burnout

Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #409
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by F5ABM View Post
I like this one! I may need another set of slicks but it makes for a good picture.
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #410
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Some vids of my winning run against another Tx Twin Turbo car. (Robert, not SSMagna) 1st round of the quick16, only ran a 10.6 but it turns out I had one boost pipe off so I was only on one turbo. This was my 3rd run on a Turbo400 tranny so I was still getting used to the competely diferent 'routine' compared to my old procedure with a manual 6 speed. LOVE the trans-brake though!

Iphone vid:

Outside the car GoPro vid:

Inside the car GoPro vid:
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #411
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
That last video was really cool! The button you pressed and then tossed, is that your transbrake controller? And I'm guessing line lock on the shifter? Nice launch!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #412
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That last video was really cool! The button you pressed and then tossed, is that your transbrake controller? Nice launch!
Yup, thats the transbrake! Stage, push the button, floor the throttle, release the button (literally!) to launch, then grab the shifter.

The linelock button is on the shifter for the burnout.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #413
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
Yup, thats the transbrake! Stage, push the button, floor the throttle, release the button (literally!) to launch, then grab the shifter.

The linelock button is on the shifter for the burnout.
Very cool videos.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #414
hkemp

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS Camaro
Camaro Fest III from PA

This was the first year my wife and I went to Camaro Fest. It wasn't that long of a trip only 7 hours. We had planned on going in January when it was first announced. we were very glad that we went and a great time. We met up with our friends from Canada that we met last year at the Oshawa plant tour.
hkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #415
hkemp

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS Camaro
Try this again

trying to upload pictures
Attached Images

hkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #416
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Some vids of my winning run against another Tx Twin Turbo car. (Robert, not SSMagna) 1st round of the quick16, only ran a 10.6 but it turns out I had one boost pipe off so I was only on one turbo. This was my 3rd run on a Turbo400 tranny so I was still getting used to the competely diferent 'routine' compared to my old procedure with a manual 6 speed. LOVE the trans-brake though!
Nice race, looks like he was hunting you down towards the end at a quick rate. What were both your times and MPH?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #417
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
had a great time.. i have lots of pictures on my facebook.
please feel free to tag your self
facebook.com/chris.tribuzzo
Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #418
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Nice race, looks like he was hunting you down towards the end at a quick rate. What were both your times and MPH?
Actually he wasnt catching up at all, I just wasn't pulling on him anymore. Our MPH were roughly similar in the low 130's. I don't have the ticket with me at the moment to give exact numbers but but my ET was a 10.6 and his was 11.7.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #419
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Actually he wasnt catching up at all, I just wasn't pulling on him anymore. Our MPH were roughly similar in the low 130's. I don't have the ticket with me at the moment to give exact numbers but but my ET was a 10.6 and his was 11.7.
It is hard to see on the video. Be a good race between you two if he could get a launch like you did. Not trying to take anything from your run/car. Way to represent Texas. Who did the build on your car?

Edit: nevermind just saw ARD
Old 08-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #420
ITMerc
Account Suspended

No problem, it is hard to tell much of anything once we get past the person taking the side shot video.
Nothing against Robert OR his car but everything else being equal its extremely hard for a manual tranny car to be quicker than a car using something like a 4L80 or Turbo400. There are of course ways to mitigate the loss of boost and forward thrust between gears but the reality is it puts them at a disadvantage vs a car that doesn't have those inherent problems. For a turbo car like we both have launching off a transbrake at full throttle then never having to lift to shift and never losing forward thrust for the ENTIRE race simply equates to quicker and more consistent ET's and makes it MUCH easier to make a really nice launch. I lose some MPH out the back end compared to a manual since the Turbo400 torque converter doesn't lock up, with a 4L80 you get that back but lose the transbrake launch. They all have their benefits/drawbacks and there are guys/cars that do a really good job getting the max out of their manual tranny! For me the difference was night and day and while I DID enjoy my old manual on the street the benefits from the 4L80 or Turbo400 are hard to argue with at the strip and I'm starting to enjoy it on the street too.