The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #407
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
It's all about keep away! He's got it and wants her to try to take it away. (though he really doesn't want to give it up)

You should have seen him in the dog park one time when he took a squirrel as he was running the permitter of the fence line tying to cut it off before it made it to safety. Once he got it, he ran all over that damn park showing it off to EVERY OTHER DOG in there. When he was through doing that, he brought it over and threw it at me feet! Then he picked it back up and threw it again...and again...and again! Then I placed it outside the fence a ways...some bird came and got it within the hour. (At least it didn't go to waste.)
Thats a quick dog that can catch a squirrel. I had a short legged beagle whe I was growing up.

Think of a daschaund on steroids. He caught a crow one day... went slinking out across the field, til he was about 15 feet from it, I thought I was watching a cat on the prowl... and then he broke at a dead run, the bird freaked, flared its wings, squawked, and took flight... This little munchkin of an excuse for a beagle took to the air in a mighty bound, must have made it five feet or maybe a little more, snagged the bird, flipped about three times in the air and landed flat on his back, bird in his mouth, no air in his lungs... He groaned as much as a dog can, rolled over, got to his feet and proceeds to try to bury the thing... He scratched at the ground for a minute, dropped the bird in the scratch mark, and then proceeded to cover it with grass clippings... Lazt dog didn't even dig a hole... I was rolling... He went and layed down, I tried to get the bird to properly disopose of it and you would have thought I was taking cujo's last meal... %^*#$%&%^&@$&@$87 dog... I put him inside and then went and took care of the bird... Dog was royally pissed...When he passed on about 13 or 14 years later, i think he still held a grudge...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #408
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
[QUOTE=SSE 4 2SS;1441773]Thats a quick dog that can catch a squirrel. I had a short legged beagle whe I was growing up.

Think of a daschaund on steroids. He caught a crow one day... went slinking out across the field, til he was about 15 feet from it, I thought I was watching a cat on the prowl... and then he broke at a dead run, the bird freaked, flared its wings, squawked, and took flight... This little munchkin of an excuse for a beagle took to the air in a mighty bound, must have made it five feet or maybe a little more, snagged the bird, flipped about three times in the air and landed flat on his back, bird in his mouth, no air in his lungs... He groaned as much as a dog can, rolled over, got to his feet and proceeds to try to bury the thing... He scratched at the ground for a minute, dropped the bird in the scratch mark, and then proceeded to cover it with grass clippings... Lazt dog didn't even dig a hole... I was rolling... He went and layed down, I tried to get the bird to properly disopose of it and you would have thought I was taking cujo's last meal... %^*#$%&%^&@$&@$87 dog... I put him inside and then went and took care of the bird... Dog was royally pissed...When he passed on about 13 or 14 years later, i think he still held a grudge...[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I DO believe you about him holding a grudge!!! And I do love this story!

As far as mine catching squirrels...I won't even go there talking about how many he's gotten...or how many he would get if I let him! (You could easily quadruple that number!!!) While it's in his nature to point 'em up for me, I love watching him stalk 'em! He's taken as much as 40-45 minutes to move in REAL CLOSE (like a foot and a half) before making his move. He's even gone up trees at times, but I don't encourage that because he goes up too high, and I have to catch him!!!

I only know where there is one picture for sure, and the tree was kind of big. But he does go up some that I swear he climbs like a cat! I know he stalks critters like a cat!!!

Let's see if I can find a few pics real quick?
Attached Images

~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #409
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Taken Yesterday
Attached Images

~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
Old 02-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #410
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Squirrel Patrol
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 AM   #411
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Heading To The Park Today
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 AM   #412
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Here's my baby, her name is Prinsess Arwen

Name:  ARWEN.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  465.7 KB

Name:  joe and arwen.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  54.4 KB

when she was a puppy....

Name:  puppyJoseph.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  149.0 KB

Name:  ArwenONpillow.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  36.3 KB
Old 02-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #413
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Earlier Today
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #414
RicanMe

Drives: 2009 Toyota Camry LE
1st pic- My actual dog Tamera
2nd pic- Tamera kissing her boyfriend Fufo
3rd pic- Puppies made by the couple that we breed
4th pic- China my sisters dog that always somehow visits my house
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #415
Vladi
Russian maFFia

Drives: 09-SLK350
Location: Walnut Creek.CA, Turku Finland , St-Petersburg Russia
here our pride and joy

Vladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #416
IndyDave

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT RS
Our 2 black labs, brother & sister, Michael & Gabriel!!
Attached Images

IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #417
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Love those happy dog faces!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #418
Walker6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Send a message via MSN to Walker6 Send a message via Yahoo to Walker6
This is Odie, the Dood in charge at our house.
Attached Images

Walker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 AM   #419
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Play time
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2010, 10:13 AM   #420
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
LOVE all of these photos!

SScattergunSS: I wish my babies had that much room to run! Your buddies are SO lucky!

Here are the dogs that own me. Cooper and Scrappy in the first pic and Sissy in the 2nd. Sissy and Scrappy got to ride in the car to go to the groomer today. They are not happy at all with the backseat visibility!
Attached Images

Tags
sorry pics are so big!!