Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Is your 5th gen automatic or manual?
Automatic 109 44.31%
Manual 137 55.69%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #29
ss_redrum

Drives: 2013 LS3 Camaro
I have a manual. When I am sitting in traffic I wish I had an automatic. When I have a huge open stretch of road, I love driving a manual! I learned how to drive a manual in this car. A lot of people my age don't know how to drive stick but I always had it in my head that I wanted a muscle car that was stick. Probably b/c of fast and furious but whatever.

-Previous Setup- Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, no cats, xpipe, muffler delete, K&N Cold Air Intake, tuned by DynoSteve

Youtube |Instagram
ss_redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #30
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Worse?? Half the shit on my ride is because of that 'What did you do to your Camaro Today?' thread. I think its great...
Agreed!!
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #31
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My favorite automatic/manual nonsense of all time is the excuse for not driving a manual is because they love driving automatics so they can hold thier significant others hands 💕. NOBODY does that much hand holding and people that drive sticks can hold hands too.

Just face facts, it’s a simple matter of the enthusiast vs the unenthusiast.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:16 AM   #32
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I have been told several times on here that a V6 is just as fast as my L99.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #33
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Manuals are dead. Audi and Porsche listened to the whining and brought them back just so they could sit on lots for months. Modern automatics are vastly superior in ever way. When high end supercars only come with PDK type transmissions it tells you everything you need to know.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #34
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
My last Camaro was auto. My 14' is a manual.
I didn't buy mine to drag race or to commute. I bought it to drive. To me there is nothing better than carving corners in it. Feeling the torque and hearing the roar of the v8 when you shift through the gears is great. I've owned many cars. All very fun and good cars. When I got back into a Camaro it was because I missed the feel of having an American V8 at my disposal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #35
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Interesting the poll is in favour of manuals on here so far, though I assume more autos were actually sold than manuals? But this is an enthusiast site which no doubt would affect the numbers more.

But a poll like this is just cannon fodder for a flame fest though it hasn't busted wide open quite yet. Honestly there are times I would love a manual but they don't happen often enough to justify it for me. I respect everyone's opinion to own & enjoy what they like there is no right answer for someone else.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #36
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
See now Im thinking I would go manual next time....weird how things change.
You're just saying that solely to disagree with me.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #37
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Interesting the poll is in favour of manuals on here so far, though I assume more autos were actually sold than manuals? But this is an enthusiast site which no doubt would affect the numbers more.

But a poll like this is just cannon fodder for a flame fest though it hasn't busted wide open quite yet. Honestly there are times I would love a manual but they don't happen often enough to justify it for me. I respect everyone's opinion to own & enjoy what they like there is no right answer for someone else.
Think you nailed it. This site only represents a relatively small percentage of Camaro owners, with the majority being enthusiasts, hobbyists and/or, as we used to call them, 'gear heads'. I venture to say that most of those who aren't on this site bought their Camaros so they have a nice looking mode of transportation to get from point A to point B and that's where you're going to find the percentage of autos to be much greater then manuals.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #38
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Manuals are dead. Audi and Porsche listened to the whining and brought them back just so they could sit on lots for months. Modern automatics are vastly superior in ever way. When high end supercars only come with PDK type transmissions it tells you everything you need to know.
It's ok to admit you never learned how to row your own.
UBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #39
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
Just about every car and truck I've owned was a manual so it seemed a natural choice for my Camaro. I just enjoy rowing my own gears, I love the feel and feedback of the engine coming through the shifter and clutch pedal. It's a sensory experience.

If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Last edited by BLK141SS; 05-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #40
Chevy Runs Deep

Drives: 2015 BLK 1SS LS3 M6 NPP
I get to drive performance cars with the ZF8 pretty often at work and as a manual guy i can say that its a pretty impressive transmission. Very intuitive with rapid shifts. The most fun I've had in a torque converter auto was a Hellcat I've also driven a few Panamera's in manual mode and yes the autos of today are far better than old 4spds but manual so much more fun/engaging. I think that's the reason why the take rate for enthusiasts is higher than the general public.
Chevy Runs Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #41
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBB View Post
It's ok to admit you never learned how to row your own.
I learned stick in a Porsche 924 remotored with an Audi 5 cylinder turbo, not to mention being able to push my aprilia and Ducati to insane speeds dragging elbows and knees, but continue with your ignorant assumptions. It’s charming.

This was my aprilia. Notice it’s not an automatic.....
Attached Images

Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:12 AM   #42
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
You're just saying that solely to disagree with me.
No....if I was going to disagrree with you it would be done already. If i do end up with something else at some point it will be a manual. Ive been driving them for 33 years. Love my auto but I enjoy as manual as well. Dont let Camaro 6 turn you into a snowflake....there now you can chirp.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote