Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #29
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
So i did some driving with more chalk on different higher points on the SC. The head unit itself doesn't make contact with the hood. Wonder if possibly the intake does? Don't see any damage to the liner anywhere else except where the pulley is.

I would think if it was making metal to metal contact it would make some sort of indent on the hood or at least leave something worse that what looks like light paint wear on the pulley. But I'm no expert here. We'll just have to go with trying to adjust the sc position via the bracket screws if possible. If not I'll live with it. Even the after market hoods look like they'd run into the same issue.

Edit:
Found a way that I can tell whether or not it is making contact... Took a piece of double sided tape that I sliced into a small bit just large enough to fit inside the nick on the insulation and used a sharpie to cover the exposed side completely. I'll do some down shifting and WOT pulls after work and see if the sharpie gets scraped off. Wish me luck lol

Last edited by exxit; 03-28-2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: update
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #30
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
My guess is that since you are running a larger pulley then we run...
You are hitting the hood liner when the motor really Torques over... (the mounts flex)

Wouldn't know, since we don't really run large pullies.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #31
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
My guess is that since you are running a larger pulley then we run...
You are hitting the hood liner when the motor really Torques over... (the mounts flex)

Wouldn't know, since we don't really run large pullies.
What size do you generally run on the D1SC and this car?
Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #32
exxit

Last update on the pulley ordeal.

Not hitting the hood itself. WE good The discoloration seems to have been cooked liner. That rubbed off. Pulley looks nice and black now. Time to crack open a beer.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #33
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #34
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Last update on the pulley ordeal.

Not hitting the hood itself. WE good The discoloration seems to have been cooked liner. That rubbed off. Pulley looks nice and black now. Time to crack open a beer.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #35
exxit

Hey peeps... Want to take this time to do an update now that it has been almost a year on this setup. I've put about 10k miles with the blower on since then.

Happy to report that I haven't had a SINGLE issue with the blower itself. The car has been living very happily on piss poor cali gas and pure meth.

I did have a short mishap with my Alky kit. Was easy to remove if you come up with a game plan and remove the fender without yanking off the rest of the bumper. We yanked it out in about 2 hours, sent it to Alky, and a new one was on the way pretty much same day they got the faulty one.

My only gripe was that the ONLY way I detected the leak was meth on the floor, which means a decent amount was leaking and it was cold enough outside for me to spot it. I was told the diaphram was faulty and that they shouldn't die too early on. For those who aren't tight on cash I suggest shelling out the 150ish for a backup pump and just keeping it on hand to minimize down time. Even then my down time was a week so I was unphased.

The car is no longer my daily driver and pending sale because I'm either going to get myself an Auto or move on to another car entirely. If things change for the M6, I'll be tearing apart the motor to do cam and pistons this June.

If you're on the fence for boost, don't be. Some mishaps have happened with others but the LT1 does NOT have an "across the board" issue. It has only gotten more efficient and cheaper since.

Thanks to everyone who followed the build back then. And again, if anyone has questions, I am more than happy to digress on points of my experience that I didn't touch on here.

That is a video review one of the local kids did

here is my instagram for shorter clips or pics of where the build has gone since last year: @aw_yumad
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
Old 03-07-2018, 07:03 AM   #36
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Hey peeps... Want to take this time to do an update now that it has been almost a year on this setup. I've put about 10k miles with the blower on since then.

Happy to report that I haven't had a SINGLE issue with the blower itself. The car has been living very happily on piss poor cali gas and pure meth.

I did have a short mishap with my Alky kit. Was easy to remove if you come up with a game plan and remove the fender without yanking off the rest of the bumper. We yanked it out in about 2 hours, sent it to Alky, and a new one was on the way pretty much same day they got the faulty one.

My only gripe was that the ONLY way I detected the leak was meth on the floor, which means a decent amount was leaking and it was cold enough outside for me to spot it. I was told the diaphram was faulty and that they shouldn't die too early on. For those who aren't tight on cash I suggest shelling out the 150ish for a backup pump and just keeping it on hand to minimize down time. Even then my down time was a week so I was unphased.

The car is no longer my daily driver and pending sale because I'm either going to get myself an Auto or move on to another car entirely. If things change for the M6, I'll be tearing apart the motor to do cam and pistons this June.

If you're on the fence for boost, don't be. Some mishaps have happened with others but the LT1 does NOT have an "across the board" issue. It has only gotten more efficient and cheaper since.

Thanks to everyone who followed the build back then. And again, if anyone has questions, I am more than happy to digress on points of my experience that I didn't touch on here.

That is a video review one of the local kids did

here is my instagram for shorter clips or pics of where the build has gone since last year: @aw_yumad
Nice car man. Wear your seatbealt holy shit!

How much boost does it make with the d1sc and 4.25" pulley?
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #37
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostednut View Post
Nice car man. Wear your seatbealt holy shit!

How much boost does it make with the d1sc and 4.25" pulley?
yah... I don't know what the **** happened with me and the seatbelt. I'm usually the first one to snap mine in when hopping into any car.

With the 4.25 I'm getting approximately 10.5lb at the very peak. Tuner said he saw 11 at one point but I generally shift at about 6400ish
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //