Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-02-2016, 01:27 AM   #29
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I'm not sure who posted that picture but a Z06 doesn't weigh 3350 lbs.
Yeah all those weights are way off
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:24 AM   #30
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
Well the zl1 is going to be faster in a strait line for sure and have a back seat.

the grand sport is a better looking car IMO but not as functional.

IMO if you can live with a GS get the GS though.

there are elements of the new zl1 the font grill and rear spoiler that just don't look good at all. I can't find one angle on the GS I don't like if I did not have young children I would be buying one.

performance wise they both will suit most people well.
Who are you kidding? Backseat? Camaro doesn't have a backseat nor does it have truck space. My kids won't fit behind me and I'm 6'2. A car seat that I had in my 2012 ZL1 had to be put on the passenger side back seat so my leg room wouldn't be compromised. Too much hassle. I loved the car but keep it real, there is no space.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:44 AM   #31
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Who are you kidding? Backseat ? Camaro doesn't have a backseat nor does it have truck space. My kids won't fit behind me and I'm 6'2. A car seat that I had in my 2012 ZL1 had to be put on the passenger side back seat so my leg room wouldn't be compromised. Too much hassle. I loved the car but keep it real, there is no space.
This is the case with 90% of sport coupes with rear seats... Most simply won't comfortably fit a grown adult, and marginally fit sizable kids. But I'm 6'3 and I also drive an 4-door elantra and '06 range rover sport, and I still have to place my car seat on the passenger side of each vehicle to drive with enough leg room. My point being that even with standard vehicles, tall people are afflicted with this challenge, and least you have the option to put a child in the zl1, which personally served as a factor in my decision to go zl1. But we all place importance on different things I guess.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:55 AM   #32
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
I have debated a Z06 multiple times, but for some reason I keep getting drawn back to a ZL1. I think I just enjoy the bigger car and enjoy being able to throw something into the back seat if I want to.

Also, I will never fit into the little "vette" people clicks where they sit around in circles with their unlimited vette attire. *rolling eyes*
Old 05-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #33
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoy View Post
This is the case with 90% of sport coupes with rear seats... Most simply won't comfortably fit a grown adult, and marginally fit sizable kids. But I'm 6'3 and I also drive an 4-door elantra and '06 range rover sport, and I still have to place my car seat on the passenger side of each vehicle to drive with enough leg room. My point being that even with standard vehicles, tall people are afflicted with this challenge, and least you have the option to put a child in the zl1, which personally served as a factor in my decision to go zl1. But we all place importance on different things I guess.
I was being factious when I said a kid could fit on the the passenger side, but kid I mean baby seat. Only way I could do that is if no one rode with me basically making the car a 2 seater. An Elantra has more room sadly enough. Your right though it comes down to value of importance as you suggested which for me is safety.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #34
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I'm not sure who posted that picture but a Z06 doesn't weigh 3350 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6-M22 View Post
Yeah all those weights are way off
Those are dry weights. They are using it to compare to European sports cars. That's how they list their weights.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Who are you kidding? Backseat? Camaro doesn't have a backseat nor does it have truck space. My kids won't fit behind me and I'm 6'2. A car seat that I had in my 2012 ZL1 had to be put on the passenger side back seat so my leg room wouldn't be compromised. Too much hassle. I loved the car but keep it real, there is no space.
I dunno about that...I'm only 6'0"....but regularly cart people around in the back of the 5th gen. It's not comfortable, but it can be done.

The 6th gen definitely has less room...but it is a viable option in a pinch. I've sat back there for a short ride. And there's plenty of trunk space for anything short of a sheet of plywood (I don't golf).

It's no sedan, but I think you're selling it short.

Corvette has zero trunk, and zero backseat...at least the Camaro has those features, as limited as they might be.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #36
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
I have a C7 now and had a Gen V ZL1. The GS looks like it will be an awesome car but to compare a GS Vette to a Gen 6 ZL1 Camaro is really apples and oranges other than POSSIBLY some similar performance numbers. And honestly, I think the ZL1 will blow the GS away in just about every respect other than if you like the looks of a Vette more than a Camaro.

Which car - two seater sports car or a pony/muscle car - fits your life better? What will you use it for? Will you track the car or is it only for cruises, etc?

Both cars are awesome but for me, having had Vettes and F-Bodies, I am going to go back to a pony car most likely just because it is easier to 'live with' day to day. I find that I don't take my Vette out that much because there are more things to worry about due to the low ride height and the attention it draws. When I had the ZL1 (and other similar cars that were not a Vette or Viper), I drove the car more. It was just easier and less hassle for me.

Some Vette guys use their cars for daily drivers and that's fine. But for real world use with family or kids, a Vette is a MORE of a toy than a Camaro.

Buy what you like and drive it. IMHO, you can't go wrong with either IF you truly like both the same.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #37
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I dunno about that...I'm only 6'0"....but regularly cart people around in the back of the 5th gen. It's not comfortable, but it can be done.

The 6th gen definitely has less room...but it is a viable option in a pinch. I've sat back there for a short ride. And there's plenty of trunk space for anything short of a sheet of plywood (I don't golf).

Corvette has zero trunk, and zero backseat...at least the Camaro has those features, as limited as they might be.
I have thrown my iPod nano in the backseat and there's tons of room. I spent a few hours in the backseat of a Camaro until her dad came looking for her. Point is if you want a minivan there are other alternatives. The trunk on the ZL1 does allow for more discreet cargo. Laptop computer bags, name brand shopping bags if you're at the mall etc. I don't have kids so all of the money I saved is going towards the car. Passengers will be limited to pay per ride participants. Poppa might need new tires pretty often if this thing is all it is hyped up to be. Please pay before entering. Sit down strap in and hold on! And for gods sake don't touch anything.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #38
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Those are dry weights. They are using it to compare to European sports cars. That's how they list their weights.
Ah, makes sense. So the GS should be pushing 3450 lbs for curb weight?
Old 05-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #39
stella16
1959 Chevy Apache 4X4

Drives: 2017 ZL1
" until her dad came looking..."

ha

reminds me of something a college roommate use to say

.....I had a wife once, until her husband came and got her.......bahahaha
stella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #40
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

The C7 has a much more usable trunk than the camaro. I loaded up both with my equipment just last week when I went to look at cars. I had to place some of my stuff onto the back seat of the camaro just to get in everything I needed LOL
Old 05-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #41

Drives: Getaway Special
The question is - in response...

Do you have gray hair? If yes Corvette is authorized, average age of Corvette owner is +50 or so.

Do you travel long distances? If so, and you don't mind the feeling of being in a Kayak for extended times, again, choose the Corvette.

Kayakers are generally not of gray hair, however. Paradox issue.

Do you have knee issues that you might need help getting out of a low vehicle? If so, the Corvette is NOT for you.

Its a personal choice in the end. Everyone has opinions. Everyone has a right to answer your open ended question. If you want elbow room, I suggest you get the Camaro. If you aren't driving it much, and its for looks, pick what you like. The Camaro is a little more muscular looking. The speed will be close enough for government work. Both will make you smile.

Please advise us what you do. Now time for my martini.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #42
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
The question is - in response...

Do you have gray hair? If yes Corvette is authorized, average age of Corvette owner is +50 or so.

Do you travel long distances? If so, and you don't mind the feeling of being in a Kayak for extended times, again, choose the Corvette.

Kayakers are generally not of gray hair, however. Paradox issue.

Do you have knee issues that you might need help getting out of a low vehicle? If so, the Corvette is NOT for you.

Its a personal choice in the end. Everyone has opinions. Everyone has a right to answer your open ended question. If you want elbow room, I suggest you get the Camaro. If you aren't driving it much, and its for looks, pick what you like. The Camaro is a little more muscular looking. The speed will be close enough for government work. Both will make you smile.

Please advise us what you do. Now time for my martini.
LOL
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote