Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #295
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
I wasn't informed actual numbers on the GT500 were released...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
In about another week!
Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I have been quiet about whet I "heard" for a whole week now. Hint: it ain't even close.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #296
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
I've seen similar looking graphs before. It looks a lot like the tires slipped on the rollers versus some sort of mechanical/electronic issue with the car. Just my input from having seen my dad's cars put on the rollers many, many times.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #297
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
My first impression rolling this car out from the dealer and onto the highway was that it has wide ratio gearing and wants to run at speed over distance. I don't want to debate the internal gear ratios of the tranny or anything alike. Just a quick read on it...it feels like it want's to go, onto the open road. For what it's worth.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #298
HKEY_
Banned

Drives: toyota 4x4 gsxr 1000 carrera s
sorry, well over 4000lbs from a sports car is a joke and it explains the bad numbers pretty well imo.
HKEY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #299
gearhead08

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 and 2013 GT500
I dunno why everyone is so disappointed I mean you wanted an all around good track car I am assuming that's why you bought it. If you want better times just do like everyone else upgrade some simple parts. I still feel that 12.1 is still pretty quick..... You bought the car cause you like it... not cause its the fastest thing in the world we all know of cheaper ways to go fast....
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #300
OldScoolCamaro

I don't know about weight or bad numbers, but I must say this car is more than meets the eye and will make a nay sayer into a believer if they get inside of it, start it up, touch, feel and hear it. If anyone has any intellectual I.Q. about high performance cars this will be a given. It's a force to be reckoned with by any standard. Plain and simple.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #301
gearhead08

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 and 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I don't know about weight or bad numbers, but I must say this car is more than meets the eye and will make a nay sayer into a believer if they get inside of it, start it up, touch, feel and hear it. If anyone has any intellectual I.Q. about high performance cars this will be a given. It's a force to be reckoned with by any standard. Plain and simple.
nicely put
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #302
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead08 View Post
I dunno why everyone is so disappointed I mean you wanted an all around good track car I am assuming that's why you bought it. If you want better times just do like everyone else upgrade some simple parts. I still feel that 12.1 is still pretty quick..... You bought the car cause you like it... not cause its the fastest thing in the world we all know of cheaper ways to go fast....
Yeah, I mean thats why I bought one. If I wanted a quarter mile brawler I would have bought a COPO. Granted I have not been above 4k yet, but it pulls very hard, at the same time a quiet and great ride while in touring mode. The car really drives, pulls, handles, steers and stopsbetter than I expected. The exhaust sounds superb, the looks and waves I get exceed anyother performance car I have owned. Say what you want, the car is simply friggin awesome and I would probably paid 20 k more for it. The car is an example of another modern engineering marvel.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #303
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Amen!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #304
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
Say what you want, the car is simply friggin awesome and I would probably paid 20 k more for it. The car is an example of another modern engineering marvel.
That sums it up....very well said...I couldn't agree more!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #305
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
hmmm... never seen chevy promoting the ZL1 as a 1/4 mile dragster(have the COPO for that), only advanced launch control for putting power to the gound..and as heavy as it is, what is expected of this beast?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #306
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I recall seeing a video way back of Hennessy running a bone stock development SS Camaro that ran like 13.6s and many asked the same questions. They later ran the same car to the first 11s 1/4 mile times. Especially the question about running it slow for base numbers so we'd all be impressed with the modded results. I'm not saying they're doing that but their SS times were slower than average results for a good running SS. Mine did 13.4s with very low breakin miles and I'm far from a great 6M driver. If you watch their video, it doesn't appear the driver is in a real big rush to get it down the 1/4 mile. Just saying...Hennessy makes a lot of cars faster with their mods, but it doesn't mean they're the best drivers. My opinion, of course.

Here's the link to that Hennessy video:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/20cavi.html

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #307
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
I recall seeing a video way back of Hennessy running a bone stock development SS Camaro that ran like 13.6s and many asked the same questions. They later ran the same car to the first 11s 1/4 mile times. Especially the question about running it slow for base numbers so we'd all be impressed with the modded results. I'm not saying they're doing that but their SS times were slower than average results for a good running SS. Mine did 13.4s with very low breakin miles and I'm far from a great 6M driver. If you watch their video, it doesn't appear the driver is in a real big rush to get it down the 1/4 mile. Just saying...Hennessy makes a lot of cars faster with their mods, but it doesn't mean they're the best drivers. My opinion, of course.

Here's the link to that Hennessy video:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/20cavi.html

Maybe they just can't drive.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #308
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
ONE DYNO / STRIP RUN DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SAMPLE

Quote:
I would hope nobody is gullible enough or myopic to accept ONE MAGAZINE review as GOSPEL. Why would ONE TUNERS review be accepted as GOSPEL?

Nah.... I'm not buying what Hennessey served up for breakfast. I'm still hungry and I know there's a lot more places to get a good meal fix! Comon boys, the cool air of early summer evenings is here! Let's get it rollin!

Now, aside from the "numbers" being talked about in excess, I have found the car to be a Chiseled piece of art. The rear stance, with big hammer grips shrouded by the shoulder quarter panels and the entire sweeping slim windows is awe-striking (especially in MOLTEN ALUMINUM -ie, SIM), but ...
The car is amazingly at one with the driver. Hell, I about broke my toe yesterday walking around the car and about ripped off my big toenail on that fat front tire! Damn Tire,,,----er Flip flops! My fault, sorry ZL1.

Every where I go, people say something really nice. I am catching them simply trying to parallel it to enjoy the art / sound of it!

The seats are comfortable for biggins. I having a little trouble figuring out the Tour/Sport/Race thing, but gimme a few more days!

Back to topic, we need more 1/4 reviews on both DYNO's and STRIPS. ONE RESULT NEVER CONSTITUTES A SAMPLE. Both results were subpar. Period, and once again, I'm not convinced yet.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700hp z28 strip car, zl1 track car