Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirthepot View Post
I got my PC through Adam's as I bought one of his detailing kits. I bought the big kit, its pricey but will last a long time and I used all of the products included and love them.

Thanks all for the positive comments.
With all the help from the forum/junkman, I'm hooked up now, waiting on UPS. It should be here before the weekend. I'm shooting for some great results like you got stirthepot. I think my car looks great now, but I'm sure there is always room for improvement.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #16
stirthepot

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
With all the help from the forum/junkman, I'm hooked up now, waiting on UPS. It should be here before the weekend. I'm shooting for some great results like you got stirthepot. I think my car looks great now, but I'm sure there is always room for improvement.
Good luck, take your time. I thought my car looked before, now it looks amazing IMO. I have driven around the last few days and people have noticed the difference, way more stares and compliments. Its worth the time. Post pics when you are done.

If you haven't already, watch the Adam's videos. There are many great tips in there as well.
stirthepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #17
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
If UPS shows up with your order, it may be Turtle Wax!

Adam's uses Fed-Ex now. This is one thing you will want to do. If your paint is swirl and scratch free now, there will be no need to use the orange pad and SHR. You can go to the white pad and FMP. To verify which you should do, use my flash test. The flash will tell you exactly what your paint looks like. Here's an example from my slow-cut series.

Use this as the determining factor as to which pad/polish you need to start with after claying. Post some pictures when you're done!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Great job!!! Just did mine last weekend as well with A.J.s expertise help Its amazing what the PC and some Adams polishes can do, even for a new car
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Looks awesome, Gotta love that IOM
Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #20
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
IOM's are taking over @ Adamsforums.com! Glad to see my fellow C5 members are enjoying his products as much as I am!

Car looks great!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
cfcoates

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM 2SS/RS
Great looking car! I also just started using Adam's Polish products and love them

Kenne Bell 2.8 Polished & Black - Coolingmist Methanol Injection
Stillen Front Splitter - Havoc Side Skirts & Rear Diffuser
ICONZ Wheels & Nitto NT-05's - PFADT Springs
cfcoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #22
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
I really want to get my car professionally done, as I am scared out of my mind to try and use an orbital. I have heard so often that you have to know what you are doing to not make things "worse".

With that said I have absolutely no experience in this sort of thing. I watched all of the videos this weekend, but still feel like I might not be the best person to do this.

My car is black, and I have what I would think are considered "light" swirls, as I have always washed by hand, but only single bucket. So, based on the videos, I am probably the reason the swirls are there to begin with. But I want a really good shine and paint appearance, and figured the pros are the way to go.

So, how easy is it? Should I be worried about doing damage and making things worse?
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #23
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstmate View Post
I really want to get my car professionally done, as I am scared out of my mind to try and use an orbital. I have heard so often that you have to know what you are doing to not make things "worse".

With that said I have absolutely no experience in this sort of thing. I watched all of the videos this weekend, but still feel like I might not be the best person to do this.

My car is black, and I have what I would think are considered "light" swirls, as I have always washed by hand, but only single bucket. So, based on the videos, I am probably the reason the swirls are there to begin with. But I want a really good shine and paint appearance, and figured the pros are the way to go.

So, how easy is it? Should I be worried about doing damage and making things worse?
My friend, you are so wrong in your line of thinking. The "pro's" are not going to do to your paint what I show people how to do in my videos. The pro's are going to cover up your swirls with glaze and charge you $175. After you wash the car a few times, all the glaze will wash out of the swirls and you will be staring at them again. You will take it back to the pro's and they will take your money (along with some more of the clear coat on your car). After enough visits to the pro's, your clear coat will need to be resprayed because you will see areas where the paint is starting to disappear. You will think that this is normal and spend a gob of money to get the car painted. At that point, the entire process will start again.

You say that you have watched my videos but there is no way that you could have watched all of them. I have one in particular of me just about standing on the polisher with it turned up all the way using a really abrasive compound as I demonstrate how hard it is to damage paint with this polisher. Have you watched that video?

Here another video that you haven't seen. Check it out.

Now if he can use one on a classic, fully restored Camaro, don't you think that you can at least do what a 10 year old kid can do?

Old 04-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Here are a few pictures of mine. Just finished the same steps with Adam's Polishes. Man I love that Americana Wax. Thank you Adam for the detailing clinic last weekend.
Name:  adams1.jpg
Views: 2439
Size:  42.7 KB
I'll have to get some in the garage, with the flash on for the Junkman.
http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6231
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #25
FANTA-Z

Just received my second order from Adams and it arrived a day earlier than the tracking was saying wooohoooo I will tell you this, when ordering go ahead and get the gallon of detail spray because it works so good your going to go through it fast lol. My order that arrived today had the gallond of detail spray which also comes with the 16 oz bottle full as well, 4 of the larger size microfiber towels, another wash mit (for the two bucket wash, and two wash mit system), and the glass cleaner and sealer product. We are scheduled to get some good rain tomorrow and Thursday so I will wait until Friday to hit the car again

Thanks Adam for a great product and great customer service!!!! Also for having a technician in my hometown. Thanks again A.J. (Junkman) for all the help. Oh yeah I have 200.00 if you will do my whole car A.J.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #26
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANTA-Z View Post
Thanks Adam for a great product and great customer service!!!! Also for having a technician in my hometown. Thanks again A.J. (Junkman) for all the help. Oh yeah I have 200.00 if you will do my whole car A.J.
Just take the mirror off the car and bring it over. I'll give you every bit of that $200 worth.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #27
FANTA-Z

I couldnt help myself I had to throw that in there from our conversation at the house lol.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #28
Edlocs
IECC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Nice job on the detail. Looks awsome. Just one question what did you use on the stripes?
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote