Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 01-31-2010, 04:17 PM   #15
BBSTING

Drives: 2010 SS2
Perfect!! I will be there I will have the 2010 Bumbal Bee. I live only 2 miles from Kohls. Thanks for organizing it! John (BBSTING)
BBSTING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #16
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSTING View Post
Perfect!! I will be there I will have the 2010 Bumbal Bee. I live only 2 miles from Kohls. Thanks for organizing it! John (BBSTING)
Nice! Hope to see you there!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #17
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Hey Sean

Just wanted to say: You are a "Most Excellent" event organizer!!!

Thanks for all you do!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #18
SeanPlunk

Drives: 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
Superbowl Bump! I love the Saints, but my official prediction is that the Colts win tomorrow. I'm also keeping a close eye on weather. My friend and I are going to run the route next weekend to make sure we're okay. See you all on the 20th.

Also, for anyone that wants to go on another PCH run my buddy is throwing a non model specific (just like ours) run on March 7th. Info for that is here if anyone is interested.

Finally, for all you local boys feel free to register on the board and post up other stuff going on. I'm always looking for other events to go to. I also love reading people's build ups, so feel free to post those as well
SeanPlunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #19
BoomBoomKid

Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Superbowl Bump! I love the Saints, but my official prediction is that the Colts win tomorrow. I'm also keeping a close eye on weather. My friend and I are going to run the route next weekend to make sure we're okay. See you all on the 20th.

Also, for anyone that wants to go on another PCH run my buddy is throwing a non model specific (just like ours) run on March 7th. Info for that is here if anyone is interested.

Finally, for all you local boys feel free to register on the board and post up other stuff going on. I'm always looking for other events to go to. I also love reading people's build ups, so feel free to post those as well
I will be there or be square. As long as we have good weather, I don't think I want to put chains on my Camaro
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #20
SeanPlunk

Great game - congrats Saints Fans! My prediction shows why I don't gamble on things
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by comm54 View Post
Hey Sean

Just wanted to say: You are a "Most Excellent" event organizer!!!

Thanks for all you do!
Thanks man, I try, LOL.

Sometimes it goes better than others...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #22
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
really want to come to this cruise, but looks like I may be Glamis this weekend. If I don't I will be there. Be at BBK on the 27th for sure,.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #23
SeanPlunk

Test running the route tomorrow, I'll let everyone know how it looks.

For all you guys that have girlfriends or wives, remember that Sunday is Valentines day. I just want to make sure none of you get in trouble
Old 02-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #24
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Test running the route tomorrow, I'll let everyone know how it looks.

For all you guys that have girlfriends or wives, remember that Sunday is Valentines day. I just want to make sure none of you get in trouble
and thanks

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #25
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
GMR has always been my backyard stomping grounds...i'll try and make this, but not sure when ill be leaving that night for a speedventure.com event at big willow on sunday. Used to run up to burro canyon shooting for a few hours with my rifles, and then head down E. Fork road to the end of GMR....great lil run, but watch out for dirt and rocks for those of you trying to run it fast, its not always best kept roads up there.
boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #26
SeanPlunk

So my wife and I ran it today and it was great. The time of day is perfect. We ran at the exact time we would be going through and had plenty of light. Traffic was light and I didn't see a single cop all day (we actually ran two routes as well).

The first section, Glendora Ridge Road (12 miles) had some water on it but was mostly nice. It is unmarked (all one lane basically) so I was basically keeping it right around 25 mph. It was still nice and curvy though and the scenery is beautiful.

Now, the second section is where we'll have to make a decision. I went both ways with this today. The original route has us taking a right at Glendora Moutain Road to the east loop and onto San Gabriel Canyon road. Going this way is longer, but the road is more mellow. Nice scenery though and it's a direct shot down to La Tolteca.

The alternative is to turn left and take Glendora Mountain Road all the way down. It's shorter, but I actually liked the drive better. The other downside besides being shorter is that it makes it a slightly longer drive to the restaurant. Nothing major, but it is longer.

When my wife and I got to La Tolteca I counted about 40 open spaces. We rolled in right around 5. Their was plenty of seating inside and I'm guessing next Saturday would be less busy (I figure some people were out for Valentine's Day tonight). The food was incredible as always

I've checked the weather for next week and it looks clear. If it was anything like today, it was just about perfect. So we're definitely on, but which route does everyone prefer?

All opinions welcome
Old 02-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #27
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Sweet! Looking forward to it!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #28
SSRSMAGNACONV

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
If anyone has an extra seat I would like to possibly hook up with one of you for my future car is a little bit away,

Thanks
SSRSMAGNACONV is offline   Reply With Quote