Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #15
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
What about the 1LE needs its own forum? Virtually everything is the same except for the minor differences in the trim option.

Mods aren't even creating separate ZL1 sub-threads. At least between 1/2SS etc there are major (including engine) differences.
Suspension and aero is a major difference....

ZL1 is a grand tour muscle car. ZL1 1LE is a hard core track car....to completely different focuses.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #16
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Suspension and aero is a major difference....

ZL1 is a grand tour muscle car. ZL1 1LE is a hard core track car....to completely different focuses.

Understood. But how many threads can there be on that to create an entire sub forum? When they do come up people are pretty good about adding 1LE to the thread title. It's much more difficult to weed out non-ZL1 threads from the entire forum. That's all I mean. But I'm a non 1LE owner so it's just my perspective.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #17
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

True.

But there are a lot more differences to the 1LE track version then people realize...

And the forums have been set up to separate different trim options. I think as time goes on people with see how convoluted it gets. Just my .02
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #18
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
The only significant difference is the suspension as some are adopting the aero from the 1LE.

Whether I get the 1LE or a standard ZL1, I can see that the two cars are 98% the same, which means I'd end up reading two forums.

Keep it to one forum.

R.
TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #19
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
The only significant difference is the suspension as some are adopting the aero from the 1LE.

Whether I get the 1LE or a standard ZL1, I can see that the two cars are 98% the same, which means I'd end up reading two forums.

Keep it to one forum.

R.

Ehhh.. Not sure I agree there..

19s vs 20s on wheels.
Completely different tire.
Different TR-6060 and gearing.

On the part of suspension, the DSSV vs MagRide is pretty big + there's additional pieces like adjustable rear bar, adjustable front camber plates, solid IRS cradle mounts. I get you've pointed out suspension, but the 1LE of the ZL1 is a wee bit more there.

Personally, I don't care one way or another. I don't own a 1LE variant, but I'll still be reading their stuff to see what they're doing and if any of their pieces are worth the $$$ to me as an addon.. Plus, with them coming natively with 19s, I get to see more people hopefully replacing 3Rs with another tire and seeing how they last on their car.

Not to mention seeing real world results and comparisons with ZL1 and ZL1 1LE at same tracks with non-pro level drivers.

Last edited by Mr. Meh; 08-18-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:58 AM   #20
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Meh View Post
Ehhh.. Not sure I agree there..

19s vs 20s on wheels.
Completely different tire.
Different TR-6060 and gearing.

On the part of suspension, the DSSV vs MagRide is pretty big + there's additional pieces like adjustable rear bar, adjustable front camber plates, solid IRS cradle mounts. I get you've pointed out suspension, but the 1LE of the ZL1 is a wee bit more there.

Personally, I don't care one way or another. I don't own a 1LE variant, but I'll still be reading their stuff to see what they're doing and if any of their pieces are worth the $$$ to me as an addon.. Plus, with them coming naively with 19s, I get to see more people hopefully replacing 3Rs with another tire and seeing how they last on their car.

Not to mention seeing real world results and comparisons with ZL1 and ZL1 1LE at same tracks with non-pro level drivers.
Agreed.

Along with shorter 6th gear there are several other differences...

spool-valve dampers housed in lighter aluminum housings
Aero
subframe is hard mounted
Tires...305's up front and 325 in rear on 19" rims (1LE spec only GY's G3 tires)
Front fascia is even bigger on the 1LE
Thinner rear glass
Non-folding rear seat w/lighter rear padding as well
Old 08-18-2017, 03:08 PM   #21
Xlr8ion

Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
Gee there are about 10 1LE that have been delivered and we need a dedicated forum??That makes sense.
Xlr8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #22
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Giving a fair ear to both sides, such as there only being 750 1LEs, and the few, but fairly large differences between each other, I don't think it makes sense. Sure it might be a cool thing but lets face it, a majority of the problems or questions people have will NOT be 1LE specific. If you look at the threads now, you'll find most of them asking about, pulleys, intakes, exhaust, paint, protection, rattle/squeaks, costs and some clutch stuff. In the future, I don't expect that to change. Anything engine, transmission (Except 6th gear), rear end, interior, body, and brake related are identical (Not to mention thousands of possibilities of experience, meet ups, general ownership discussion, advice etc.). For the niche questions about the DSSV, aero (What questions are there about aero? Maintenance?), tires (What are you going to ask about tires that you couldn't do to a much larger audience with more than likely much more tire experience?), and thinner rear glass (I can see it now "THINNER GLASS PROBLEMS"), you think it's worth it?

Like I said, 99% of all possible ZL1 1LE questions will over lap with ZL1s. In fact, with the A10 option, standard tire sizes, and more people likely trying to make a regular ZL1 a go fast straight line car (Meaning ALL KINDS of information spreading about HP and drivetrain), I see there being a lot more use for a ZL1 non-1LE forum than a ZL1 1LE forum.

But hey, maybe I'm going to make some 1LE owner's pee pees shrink.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #23
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
But hey, maybe I'm going to make some 1LE owner's pee pees shrink.
Thankfully, I started with so much that a little shrinkage...
Old 08-18-2017, 10:24 PM   #24
WhiteBoy18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Summit White M6
New 1LE forum link www.camaro6.com/hardsuspension+bighondawing

...all 10 of y'all calm down I'm kidding, just bored because it's raining on a Friday night!!!!
WhiteBoy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:44 PM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8ion View Post
Gee there are about 10 1LE that have been delivered and we need a dedicated forum??That makes sense.
At this time over 300 cars are built, not all have been delivered as of this moment, don't forget They will not build any close to winter, GM dose not want to by tires, street/track tires don't like cold and crack.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #26
Macaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I wasn't sure at first but having one, I do think the ZL1 1LE should have it's own sub-forum.

Why not put it to a vote?

And, what's the harm in having one...
Macaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #27
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I mean there is a convertible sub form for darn sake isn't that just an option also?
Old 08-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #28
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
I mean there is a convertible sub form for darn sake isn't that just an option also?
I've kinda agree.

We have an 1LE sub forum for the regular SS