Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #15
Skyset

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe
Someone tell me who did it!!
Skyset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #16
SSCam77

Drives: 427
Starts with Da & ends with va
Old 05-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #17
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCam77 View Post
Starts with Da & ends with va
WOW.....i almost chose them to do the mods on my car.....glad I went with SPI.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #18
sstrixx

Drives: '14 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow I almost chose them as well... thank God I thought their prices were too much to begin with.
sstrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:25 PM   #19
momofsix

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 View Post
Holy smokes, that's some real butchered exhaust work there.

Not related to the obviously hammered on mid-pipe but 4th picture down you see your o2 sensors? On the driver side there 2, of them. The grey wiring sheath is for the primary O2 for B1S1 and below it at an obvious downward angle I can tell is the wideband. I'm not sure who installed the Bung for the wideband as it is an obvious oversight as when you put an o2 sensor on a downwards angle like that the condensation building in the exhaust will collect on the sensor and rott it out from the inside out.

Always install o2 bungs at an upwards angle preferably 15* or so or else you'll experience premature sensor failure.

Glad you were able to bring it to another shop that knows what they're doing to correct the mistakes. You should post up the name of the shop so everyone knows to avoid them IMHO.
Same shop that used the hammers installed the bungs...you don't really want to know how many O2 sensors we went through...more O2 sensors than oil....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Unfortunately it looks like it is still at the wrong angle because its in the header collector. You can see this in the 10th picture (2nd of the finished ones)
Yep, it is on our list of things we need to fix yet...

The exhaust work is only a very small part of the whole build...I know some of you know the whole story and have seen all the pictures, documents and videos of all the screw ups this shop did, or the review that continued to get removed but it will eventually all get on here because I would hate for anyone else to have to go through what we have...
momofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #20
SSCam77

Momofsix I've seen your Facebook post & it's insane what they did to your car...
Old 05-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #21
SRTKILLER

Drives: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCam77 View Post
Momofsix I've seen your Facebook post & it's insane what they did to your car...
The sad thing is, there are many more! I've said it before and I'll say it again, the truth is starting to come out. I can't wait to see what the excuse is this time! "We didn't do that exhaust" or "You never gave us a chance to fix it" or "That's what you asked for and we did it!"
SRTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #22
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I have been looking for a good shop to work with around the GTA area. I think this confirms my decision to partner with SPI.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:41 PM   #23
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
I have been looking for a good shop to work with around the GTA area. I think this confirms my decision to partner with SPI.
Cant go wrong there.....they did my dyno tune...set up my trans. Did a 391 gear install and added a 3200 Circle D stall. All without any trouble.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #24
flyinlow89
Smoke Alotapotomous

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
My car was tuned at SPI with bolt ins and again with turbos as well as my friends car and andrew might be me of the nicest, most helpful people you'll come across. No issues with their work either. was going to use someone else but had some issues that made me go to SPI. Glad I did
Old 05-14-2017, 01:17 AM   #25
momofsix

You gotta love when you go to a car show nowhere near where you live and people you have never met recognize the car as the 'Da...va ' fu**** car. And then they start telling you their own story of being screwed by the same shop and friends of theirs...unbelievable how many are out there
Old 05-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #26
SSCam77

The truth always comes out, it's about time!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:07 AM   #27
bowtie22

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Hey Momofsix,
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you'd experienced with this particular shop. According to the pictures, it clearly appears to a subpar job.
Someone also mentioned to me that the mods to your drive train were not done to your satisfaction.
I hope everything will be rectified, and eventually you'll be able to enjoy your vehicle with the modifications that were supposed to improve your driving experience.

Furthermore, I believe that you ought to receive some sort of monetary compensation for this unsatisfactory and unacceptable work. Have you inquired any legal counsel?
bowtie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #28
momofsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie22 View Post
Hey Momofsix,
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you'd experienced with this particular shop. According to the pictures, it clearly appears to a subpar job.
Someone also mentioned to me that the mods to your drive train were not done to your satisfaction.
I hope everything will be rectified, and eventually you'll be able to enjoy your vehicle with the modifications that were supposed to improve your driving experience.

Furthermore, I believe that you ought to receive some sort of monetary compensation for this unsatisfactory and unacceptable work. Have you inquired any legal counsel?
Thanks This work, along with the tranny are really only a small part of the whole car build that we did with this shop...We have slowly been able to start enjoying the car again, it has been hard and even harder trusting anyone to touch the car again. Since too much information on here results in things getting deleted, I have pm'd you...