The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #15
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Friends don't let friends drive Fords! That is all.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #16
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Sales will be way behind Camaros.
The problem is we may have a hard time with that argument, as the Mustangs are going to be sold world-wide, and Ford will probably release those numbers happily and brag about how many more they're selling than Camaros.

Oh well. I know I bought the right car.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I would say this is more embarrassing for Ford. The 2016 super duty test truck burnt down. Lol

Last edited by motorhead; 12-09-2015 at 08:10 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I thought the cars were donated.
I thought this as well......
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #19
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
The problem is we may have a hard time with that argument, as the Mustangs are going to be sold world-wide, and Ford will probably release those numbers happily and brag about how many more they're selling than Camaros.

Oh well. I know I bought the right car.
Camaros aren't sold "world-wide"?

Besides, the 15 Mustangs are ugly (especially in the ass end) and I think by 2016 Camaro sales are going to slay them.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #20
RJT RS

Drives: 11 RJT 2LT/RS
Thumbs down wow, really?

way to try and bash Ford. Funny, Ford came out first with the retro Mustang in 2004. Dodge followed in 2008 or 09 with the Challenger. Six years later, Johnny come lately Chevy, finally comes out with the Camaro (2010). Oh and btw, which of the 3 has always had a car on the road every year? I'm loyal to none, just as they are to me.

I think the posts says more about the people at the auction than Ford. As was stated, the NET donated by the BUYER was ~ $15K since he ended up with a ~ $35K car. I've seen cars sell for hundreds of thousands for charity only to be donated right back & sell again.
RJT RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #21
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT RS View Post
way to try and bash Ford. Funny, Ford came out first with the retro Mustang in 2004. Dodge followed in 2008 or 09 with the Challenger. Six years later, Johnny come lately Chevy, finally comes out with the Camaro (2010). Oh and btw, which of the 3 has always had a car on the road every year? I'm loyal to none, just as they are to me.

I think the posts says more about the people at the auction than Ford. As was stated, the NET donated by the BUYER was ~ $15K since he ended up with a ~ $35K car. I've seen cars sell for hundreds of thousands for charity only to be donated right back & sell again.
Who cares about that nonsense argument? You know who cares that the Mustang has been in continuous production since it's inception? Fan boys. To everyone else, that means exactly F-all. Enthusiasts care who makes the best product, not which car has been built the longest. By that measure the Chevrolet Suburban is the bestest vehicle ever b/c it's the vehicle with the longest production cycle.

Honestly, since the Mustang II is included in your endless cycle of production I'd have to say I'm not impressed with the endless cycle. The Corvette hasn't seen an end of production either, but no one wants the POS C3 which was underpowered and unremarkable in every way. Stop using that ridiculous constant production argument, it's stupid.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #22
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
the new mustang is not exciting at all. heavier, probably slower, and the same front end that's already been played out all the way to the ford focus. nobody really cares.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #23
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
It doesn't surprise me. The # 1 GT off the line has already been sold. Even if this is for charity, its a plain jane GT. If it was a special addition i'd think otherwise.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #24
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
All that says to be is GM stands behind their product. Instead of denying there is an issue or sweeping it under rug they man up amd issue a recall. What's the problem with that.
While I do agree with you to a point. I believe his angst may have been given rise to due to the situation looking as though it took a major lawsuit type event to trigger this "manning up". The issue of the ignition faults being indeed swept under the rug for so long has left a sour taste in some people's mouths. Honestly, if they have fixed this and all the other issues, then said issues are in fact non-issues...it's just the 13 deaths that may be contributed to by these items of concern are 13 too many.

All being said I have no horse in this race so to speak. Just putting in 2 cents.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #25
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I thought the cars were donated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I thought this as well......
Not in this case. They stated that disclaimer before the auction started for the car.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #26
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Nothing to see here... Just another GM vs Ford thread....

BTW on Mustang forums you will find many people that like the new Mustang, you will also find a few that don't like the new Mustang. You will also find many that do not like the Camaro.

On Camaro forums you will find many people that like the Camaro, you will also find a few that don't like the Camaro. You will also find many that do not like the new Mustang.

If we base sales on how many people don't like the car on a forum that specializes on the competition, we won't get a clear picture.

There is a pattern and it isn't hard to see...
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:56 AM   #27
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You sir are and idiot if you think GM is the only car company to have recalls and to have people die in their cars related to a design or manufacturer defect. Remember the ford explorer? How many F150s have burnt down to the ground taking people's houses with them? How many cops have died in crown vics because of a poorly designed car? How many people burnt up or died in 60's mustangs because the gas tank was basically riding with the passengers in the same space? You want me to go on?

Go troll somewhere were someone might care what you have to say.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #28
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
So let me get this straight, a regular mustang GT, not even customized by a builder, not a super low vin, just a regular GT raised 50K for charity and thats a bad thing? Normally the big dollar charity cars are built with a partner so they are unique or a little more special
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote