The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #15
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
really boils down to your budget. And does the budget only include speakers or do you also need a receiver? I do believe there are some new wireless speakers on the market that are getting good remarks.
So I'm going to just gon affordable this time around, it will be for my computer instead of my tv and I will spend some decent money once I understand the basics. So essentially I need a receiver and and speakers? How does that work if you don't use the line in? Do the speakers have wires going from them to the sub and then from the sub back to the speakers? I seriously don't understand this stuff I need a FAQ or something haha
Old 12-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #16
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
So I'm going to just gon affordable this time around, it will be for my computer instead of my tv and I will spend some decent money once I understand the basics. So essentially I need a receiver and and speakers? How does that work if you don't use the line in? Do the speakers have wires going from them to the sub and then from the sub back to the speakers? I seriously don't understand this stuff I need a FAQ or something haha
if you have a receiver, you will have a connection for the sub (sub out on back of receiver). This depends on the sub and the receiver for a connection via coax or speaker wire. Lots of great Home Theater guys on this forum. And the forum they pointed you to is great also.

If the sub is connected via speaker wire, it is filtering out the LOW frequency and letting all the other sound waves pass along. The sub is pretty smart, the knows what his job is.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #17
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
It looks like two different ways to get signal to your sub. Rca line in is just for feeding sub signal. Speaker in/out looks to be the same thing just a different way to do it.

Maybe there's an online manual for your sub.

You need an amplified speaker set for a pc.

lib·er·ty
/ˈlibərdē/
noun
the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 12-31-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote