Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearcamaro View Post
I have a set of these plus swaybars/endlinks to go on and I can't wait for the huge difference they will make!
Problem is,there is no authorized dealer/installer here in Wisconsin to install these parts plus a few more possibly(none that I am aware of anyways :()
And before anyone says "Install them yourself,it's easy" I am handicapped and unable to do so :(
The nearest dealer/installer that I can find is almost three hours away in IL.
Don't feel bad bro.. I drove 4 1/2 hours to Jannetty Racing to get my pedders pace car package installed..
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
I have a set of these plus swaybars/endlinks to go on and I can't wait for the huge difference they will make!
Problem is,there is no authorized dealer/installer here in Wisconsin to install these parts plus a few more possibly(none that I am aware of anyways :()
And before anyone says "Install them yourself,it's easy" I am handicapped and unable to do so :(
The nearest dealer/installer that I can find is almost three hours away in IL.
But think how much fun that 3 hour drive home will be.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJETSFAN View Post
Don't feel bad bro.. I drove 4 1/2 hours to Jannetty Racing to get my pedders pace car package installed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Thanks for the encouragement guys,I truly appreciate it.
But,not that anyone cares,there is more to the story that nobody on here realizes.
I am probably the only member on this board that owns a 5th generation Camaro but has never driven it.(Wife has a 2011 Dodge Caravan so it is always in the back of my mind that this thing is a waste of money but it is my passion,my dream,and what keeps me going).
I am legally blind with about 20% vision remaining so my wife is my driver. Thing is,she works 60,70 hours a week and getting the car back and Fourth for mods is a huge hassle with her being the only driver in the family and her work schedule.
Right now the car is two years old with only 2000 miles on it and most of those were put on getting it back and fourth to IL. for the HP mods twice.
I was hoping to not have to go through that huge hassle again just for suspension mods but if I have to put them off for five or six months until then thats what I will have to do I guess.
Sorry for the long ramble,this was my "coming out of the closet" post. lol
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.

Last edited by papabearcamaro; 01-21-2012 at 06:57 AM.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #18
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJETSFAN View Post
Same here drove about 2.5-3 hours to rob at wretched motorsports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
The ride back was great felt like 1 hour LOL
seddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #19
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
But,not that anyone cares,there is more to the story that nobody on here realizes.
I am probably the only member on this board that owns a 5th generation Camaro but has never driven it.(Wife has a 2011 Dodge Caravan so it is always in the back of my mind that this thing is a waste of money but it is my passion,my dream,and what keeps me going).
I am legally blind with about 20% vision remaining so my wife is my driver. Thing is,she works 60,70 hours a week and getting the car back and Fourth for mods is a huge hassle with her being the only driver in the family and her work schedule.
Right now the car is two years old with only 2000 miles on it and most of those were put on getting it back and fourth to IL. for the HP mods twice.
I was hoping to not have to go through that huge hassle again just for suspension mods but if I have to put them off for five or six months until the steal works thats what I will have to do I guess.
Wow! That's one hell of a Camaro you have there and not be able to drive it :( I give you a lot of credit for not giving up on your dreams just because of a handicap!
I just bought the Pedders XA's and I'm doing the install myself on jackstands in my garage. It's taking me a long time because I work out of town M-F and the weekends have been too busy or too cold so I get a little frustrated! I keep having to remind myself that I am so blessed to still have the capabilities to do my own work, so I won't complain! Stories like yours are what keep guys like me grounded and thankful for even the little things!
Once you do get the suspension stuff done make sure your wife gives you a real wild ride so you get to experience the handling and those wicked G-forces!!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I was hoping to not have to go through that huge hassle again just for suspension mods but if I have to put them off for five or six months until the steal works thats what I will have to do I guess.

I bet a flatbed could be used...
Old 01-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #21
papabearcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
I bet a flatbed could be used...
Thank you for the suggestion but I have checked into that a couple of times and the cost is very prohibitive unfortunately.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #22
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion but I have checked into that a couple of times and the cost is very prohibitive unfortunately.
I live here in Chicago and am over on C5G with you.. Don't think I've met you at any of the events, but... I'd be willing to offer up myself as a driver to/from the shop.. I don't know if all the timing would work out, but I would at least be willing to give it a try for a fellow Camaro owner. Since I'd have to make the drive there and back, you'd have my car on your lot while yours was with me at the shop.

As it turns out, I have pretty much all these same suspension parts sitting here in the computer room waiting to go on .. Pedders Track - II
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #23
papabearcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I live here in Chicago and am over on C5G with you.. Don't think I've met you at any of the events, but... I'd be willing to offer up myself as a driver to/from the shop.. I don't know if all the timing would work out, but I would at least be willing to give it a try for a fellow Camaro owner. Since I'd have to make the drive there and back, you'd have my car on your lot while yours was with me at the shop.

As it turns out, I have pretty much all these same suspension parts sitting here in the computer room waiting to go on .. Pedders Track - II
Thank you for the very kind offer.
Can't really do anything til spring as the car is in storage until mid to late April.
Maybe by than a Pedders authorized dealer/installer will spring up out of the blue here in WI. that is closer to home. (I know,wont happen,but I can dream) lol

Old 01-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #24
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I may be late to the party...

Thank you for choosing Back Street Performance and Pedders for your 5th Gen. We appreciate your business. Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #25
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post

Awesome offer.

Quote:
Can't really do anything til spring as the car is in storage until mid to late April.
Maybe by than a Pedders authorized dealer/installer will spring up out of the blue here in WI. that is closer to home. (I know,wont happen,but I can dream) lol
Wish you lived closer. I'd do it for you. I love doing the work.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #26
papabearcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Awesome offer.

Wish you lived closer. I'd do it for you. I love doing the work.
I wish I did too Randy. Thanks!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #27
HumanWiki

Quote:
You're welcome... If you ever change your mind, you know how to find me.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #28
HumanWiki

Quote:
I wish I did too Randy. Thanks!
--- I keep forgetting PQ and I have the same name.... I'll read replies from my phone and wonder how they got my other name...