Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
I have literally been offering to let Procharger use my car for the last couple of months...Hopefully they will get something rolling soon.
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #16
Ramsey
Ramsey

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM
my interest lays solely with a Procharger setup. But if Ligenfelter's setup is anything that of a Procharger setup, I'll just have too check into it. They have all the interest they need, now they need to release something then they'll have our full attention.
Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #17
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
why is it that these companies don't think there is interest for the camaro and yet they release a version right away for almost every version of mustang and many other cars?? really they should have people that go to web pages like this and then they would see there is more than enough interest and more than enough people with the money to make it happen.
I completely agree.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #18
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
why is it that these companies don't think there is interest for the camaro and yet they release a version right away for almost every version of mustang and many other cars?? really they should have people that go to web pages like this and then they would see there is more than enough interest and more than enough people with the money to make it happen.
This always baffles me and pisses me off at the same time!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #19
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I would be also, turbo or sc, But it would have to be smog legal out here for me or no go.Edelbrocks is for the ss but they have numbers to justiy the certifcation costs.And I dont invision taking it on and off every 2 years! If they change our testing where all they care about is what the car puts out and not what you have on the car then all would be good, But the companies would still need to do internal tests to be sure you didn't fail smog.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #20
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I am interested.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
Darth Camaro
Out of my mind!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Now on a brighter side Lingenfelter told me today that they are going to realease a kit this summer.
Above is from Thread start.

They told me that they have engine out and doing Dyno's. In a few weeks engine is going back in to continue testing for stock drivetrain and rearend stability. They said that they hope for "early summer" kit release. Thats what they said this week.

Darth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #22
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Camaro View Post
Now on a brighter side Lingenfelter told me today that they are going to realease a kit this summer.
Above is from Thread start.

They told me that they have engine out and doing Dyno's. In a few weeks engine is going back in to continue testing for stock drivetrain and rearend stability. They said that they hope for "early summer" kit release. Thats what they said this week.
That would be awesome Someone's got to come out with a blower for us sooner or later, right? It seems like some of these companies are finally realizing that we V6-ers want more power, too!

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #23
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
Ok so I'm not going into a lot of details... because I can't, but I'm actually building my car to take to SEMA this year. I called Procharger to give it one more shot... They told me it was something they wanted to develop, but not anywhere near high priority. I then tell them my car is going to SEMA and they change their story and tell me to go ahead and email my SEMA proposal and they will see if they can get the ball rolling... I'll post updates as I find out.
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #24
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWithEnvy View Post
Ok so I'm not going into a lot of details... because I can't, but I'm actually building my car to take to SEMA this year. I called Procharger to give it one more shot... They told me it was something they wanted to develop, but not anywhere near high priority. I then tell them my car is going to SEMA and they change their story and tell me to go ahead and email my SEMA proposal and they will see if they can get the ball rolling... I'll post updates as I find out.
So PC has obviously done zero research into developing a sc. Im shocked. They might get you hooked up with one for sema but I highly doubt its gonna be anything that can be sold as a product for a reasonable price tag.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #25
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
So PC has obviously done zero research into developing a sc. Im shocked. They might get you hooked up with one for sema but I highly doubt its gonna be anything that can be sold as a product for a reasonable price tag.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #26
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
x2

once again its brought up just to let us all down again...

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #27
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
Actually, who knows if it'll even be an operational system. I know they've had some wild lookers and some weren't operational.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #28
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
That would be awesome Someone's got to come out with a blower for us sooner or later, right? It seems like some of these companies are finally realizing that we V6-ers want more power, too!
They think that because we bought a V6 we will not spend the money on doing these type of upgrades. What they seem to forget is that since we didn't spend 43K on the SS we have a ton of money left over for parts.

Get all the power of the V8 and mpg of the V6, which seems like a win-win to me. Jay Leno has the V6 with twin turbos just for that reason. At least that is what it said at the LA auto show.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote