Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 03-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #15
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....

Drives: 2021 M S PLAID, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornstein View Post
Go to the farm store and get some black bait boxes and the blocks of mice killer with the hole in the middle. Drill a hole in the bottom of the bait box and use a landscape nail to secure it to the ground. Put one on each side of your garage or outbuilding. Put the bait on the steel poles inside the bait box so the mice can't take the blocks out of it. The bait box locks shut, keeping kids and animals out of it.

Put 6 to 10 blocks in each one at first. Check them after the first week, refill in needed. Then check them after 2 weeks, then every month. You'll notice the bait getting hit less and less each time you check it. Once you decimated the population, you'll only keep 2 to 4 blocks in each one to keep the bait fresh and then check it once a month. If you are faithful to the schedule, you won't have any mice problems. If you let a box sit empty, they'll start coming back. The bait is outside and the mice will go looking for water when they eat it. keeps them outside and they die off.

I run a food production facility. We have zero mice because of this pest control program. I have a cabin at a lake and this method keeps that clear of mice as well. It's almost fool proof but you have to be loyal to the schedule. Once a month is pretty easy insurance to keep them out of your car.
Thornstein has the only correct answer. I own a pest company with over 3000 customers and service over a hundred food establishments. Bait and stations are the best. Tincats work but not the best. Good snap traps help when you have a major infestation (quick population knock down). If the population gets out of hand they can cause major damage. Glue boards can help but not the answer. Good luck.

Last month I signed up a new customer and caught over 150 mice in a week....finished up with bait blocks and stations. NO MICE TO BE FOUND...

Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #16
psalmon123

Drives: 2015 Z07 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC552 View Post
Don't know about mice but Rid-a-Rat has kept pack rats away here in AZ. Bobcats do a good job but don't want them in your garage.
Or in your living room!
psalmon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #17
psalmon123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmyskill View Post
Thornstein has the only correct answer. I own a pest company with over 3000 customers and service over a hundred food establishments. Bait and stations are the best. Tincats work but not the best. Good snap traps help when you have a major infestation (quick population knock down). If the population gets out of hand they can cause major damage. Glue boards can help but not the answer. Good luck.

Last month I signed up a new customer and caught over 150 mice in a week....finished up with bait blocks and stations. NO MICE TO BE FOUND...
Thanks, I'm going to try them. P
Old 03-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #18
psalmon123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmyskill View Post

Is there any brand better or worst than others? What would you recommend? P
Old 03-21-2017, 06:40 PM   #19
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Those little bast***s will get into everything!!!!! We just built our house 2-years ago, and we back onto "green space". Two years in a row they have infested my "mouse proof" shed. They just totally destroying my $600 pool cover that was only a year old. I have tried bounce sheets, moth balls, and Irish spring soap bars. They used the bounce sheets for bedding. I have brought EVERYTHING into the house that they can destroy, so now it's a matter of keeping them out. I have 5 mousetraps on the go, and check them once a week. Last count, I was at 32 "down for the count"..........

IMHO, I think the only thing that would work is a cat. Thank God I don't have any in the garage! Now I have to go check my Shed........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #20
psalmon123

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Those little bast***s will get into everything!!!!! We just built our house 2-years ago, and we back onto "green space". Two years in a row they have infested my "mouse proof" shed. They just totally destroying my $600 pool cover that was only a year old. I have tried bounce sheets, moth balls, and Irish spring soap bars. They used the bounce sheets for bedding. I have brought EVERYTHING into the house that they can destroy, so now it's a matter of keeping them out. I have 5 mousetraps on the go, and check them once a week. Last count, I was at 32 "down for the count"..........

IMHO, I think the only thing that would work is a cat. Thank God I don't have any in the garage! Now I have to go check my Shed........
I've lived here for 25 years and never seen a winter like this for mice. "APOCOLYPSE NOW"
Old 03-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #21
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
No one has mentioned it yet but Mice hate the smell of Pine.

I wanted to try a peaceful solution before the bloodbath so I looked it up and found that out.

Basically, either get Pine saw dust OR Pine-Sol. The saw dust you just spread all around the perimeter of your garage. The Pine-Sol you pour in little cups and leave them along the perimeter.

This made my mice issue go away pretty quickly, I didn't have to kill the little bastards and no corpses to clean up (or stink up the place if they died like inside a wall). I hope this helps as I am also in the NW and we might have the same kind of mice.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #22
psalmon123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
No one has mentioned it yet but Mice hate the smell of Pine.

I wanted to try a peaceful solution before the bloodbath so I looked it up and found that out.

Basically, either get Pine saw dust OR Pine-Sol. The saw dust you just spread all around the perimeter of your garage. The Pine-Sol you pour in little cups and leave them along the perimeter.

This made my mice issue go away pretty quickly, I didn't have to kill the little bastards and no corpses to clean up (or stink up the place if they died like inside a wall). I hope this helps as I am also in the NW and we might have the same kind of mice.
Killing the little bastards is not bad. I'm a hunter. HA!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #23
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I used four of these solve a vole and mouse problem. Bait blocks hang in the middle and self feed down.

I had many in the yard and at least one getting into the garage. I also let my dogs run around in the garage after their walk. The male knew that mouse was their. Eventually, I found him poisoned and laying just outside the door.

https://www.amazon.com/Eaton-902R-Lo.../dp/B001QT4F1O
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:53 AM   #24
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by psalmon123 View Post
Killing the little bastards is not bad. I'm a hunter. HA!
I think it was more about not having one die in the walls.

I had a friend who used poison and one died in the walls, they never found it but it stank up the living room for a while.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #25
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Cats - they kill everything.
Yep. Cats kill good critters too, not just mice.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #26
thornstein

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Protecta and Tomcat are two brands that are out there. They make different sizes. Don't get the small one that only holds two or three bait blocks. Mine holds 12, 3 on each post. I keep 4 blocks in each station just for maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalmon123 View Post
Is there any brand better or worst than others? What would you recommend? P
thornstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #27
psalmon123

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornstein View Post
Protecta and Tomcat are two brands that are out there. They make different sizes. Don't get the small one that only holds two or three bait blocks. Mine holds 12, 3 on each post. I keep 4 blocks in each station just for maintenance.
Thanks, got them ordered.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:49 PM   #28
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Reviving an old thread and my situation is different, mine sits outside. I think my issue is squirrels getting on top of the engine and eating acorns mostly. A capsule would work but I can’t see that as a long term solution.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote