Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-10-2023, 01:40 PM   #15
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
I know many dealers don’t do a great job of removing sold units from the list, but I was surprised to find that every one of the hundred or so vehicles I checked was still available. The bigger problem is that some dealers are still marking up the MSRP, which is ridiculous.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 08:59 AM   #16
Lee2SS

Drives: 2003 Corvette Z06
Except for my Corvette, I have always had new cars, but never ordered one until now. I have spent the last month doing inventory searches and making calls to dealers with absolutely zero luck. Either the car I call about is spoken for, or I just don't get any call back. I am about to leave for 3 month trip, so everything marked as In-Transit is of no use to me because of the hold up on shipping. I'm stuck with hoping that the dealer I've hooked up with can get me the '24 that I want. He seems very confident and said that I am first up when the allocation comes. I will update this thread either way when I know an outcome.
Lee2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 11:10 AM   #17
h1nch

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 6spd
I've been trying to source a manual ZL1 now for weeks. Found a dealership that has one available but it's still "about a month out from being delivered"

They are willing to sell the car at MSRP but they are demanding that I lock in the deal now. So pay in full now, or do the financing now. That seems absolutely insane to me. I've never once considered paying anything more than a deposit for a car that I can't yet take delivery of.

Has anyone experienced something like this?
h1nch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 11:38 AM   #18
50MileSmile

Since there are only 11 ZL1 manuals out of more than 3,000 Camaro available across the country, the dealers can do what they damn well please.
Old 07-14-2023, 11:49 AM   #19
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1nch View Post
I've been trying to source a manual ZL1 now for weeks. Found a dealership that has one available but it's still "about a month out from being delivered"

They are willing to sell the car at MSRP but they are demanding that I lock in the deal now. So pay in full now, or do the financing now. That seems absolutely insane to me. I've never once considered paying anything more than a deposit for a car that I can't yet take delivery of.

Don't do that. I remember someone else from the forum getting into this situation and they paid for it. Didn't see the car for months and was paying the whole time. Everyone on the forum telling them it's your fault. Dealer was not helpful. They are not supposed to sell a car that has not yet arrived. Terrible situation all around.

Most I would do is put in a deposit if they will honor your purchase when it arrives. Even then, they could ask for over MSRP.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:15 PM   #20
BLACK3R

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
After being told that at least three of the major options on my 2024 order would not be available - and believing that this trend will continue as Chevy empties the shelves of parts - I decided to look for a comparable 2023. In the Camaro Inventory on Chevy.com, I found three suitable alternatives within 500 miles. After a call to the dealer who had my first choice, I made the deal and had a new 2SS in my garage less than 24 hours later.

The only difference between the 2023 and the 2024 was the rear spoiler, and I can change that. Best of all, with the 2024 price increase, 2023 rebate and dealer discount and incentives on the 2023, I saved more than $5K. Plus, I have a new Camaro to enjoy now and I don’t have to put up with the stress of wondering if an allocation for a 2024 will come up in a couple of months, 6 months or never.

I started this process wanting to own a last-year Camaro, but that became less important considering my low position on the dealer’s list and Chevy’s unlimited possibilities for not being able to deliver cars as ordered. However, for now I’ve got a new Camaro to drive, but I’m leaving my 2024 order in place.
I went this route when after my dealer placed me at #23 for a 2024 Camaro allocation. This dealer is the largest Corvette volume dealer in FL.

I located and placed inquiries on Chevy's inventory search website for approximately a dozen Camaros optioned similar to how I would order one. Like previously mentioned here, most cars were spoken for or the dealer went cold. I even went so far as to ask if any of the "spoken for" deals fell through, to contact me.

I was content "waiting" to see if I would get an allocation on a 2024.

Then today, it happened.

A dealer I previously reached out to contacted me on a 2023 black 6sp 2SS 1LE (only option besides 1LE is front lic plate bracket) deal that fell apart once the car arrived at dealership this week. I placed a deposit and will pick up next week for MSRP +$800 (paint seal/dealer fee) minus military and $750. Only drawback is that is 550 miles from home - a small inconvenience.

The unicorns are out there. Look and be patient...they'll show up.

Thanks for the inspiration 50MileSmile!!
BLACK3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:26 AM   #21
h1nch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK3R View Post
I went this route when after my dealer placed me at #23 for a 2024 Camaro allocation. This dealer is the largest Corvette volume dealer in FL.

I located and placed inquiries on Chevy's inventory search website for approximately a dozen Camaros optioned similar to how I would order one. Like previously mentioned here, most cars were spoken for or the dealer went cold. I even went so far as to ask if any of the "spoken for" deals fell through, to contact me.

I was content "waiting" to see if I would get an allocation on a 2024.

Then today, it happened.

A dealer I previously reached out to contacted me on a 2023 black 6sp 2SS 1LE (only option besides 1LE is front lic plate bracket) deal that fell apart once the car arrived at dealership this week. I placed a deposit and will pick up next week for MSRP +$800 (paint seal/dealer fee) minus military and $750. Only drawback is that is 550 miles from home - a small inconvenience.

The unicorns are out there. Look and be patient...they'll show up.

Thanks for the inspiration 50MileSmile!!

Very similar experience for me. I've been hunting for a ZL1 for almost 2 months. I initially wanted to go the custom order route, knowing nothing about the GM ordering process. After having done my research (thanks in no small part to this forum) I became completely horrified by the current process and decided to focus on finding an already built one.

Went through several cars that were spoken for. Had one dealership willing to sell me an "in-transit" ZL1 for MSRP but wanted the full amount up front. Said no thanks to that.

I finally found one that had already been delivered to a dealer, but they said it was expected to be delivered to a customer the next day. Well 2 days later the car was still on their website. So I hit up the sales person again, and they told me that they gave the customer a deadline to get their financing in order. Needless to say, it didn't happen and they offered the car to me at MSRP, and I pushed quickly to secure the car and complete all the paper work.

I'm flying out there to pick it up this weekend and I am so freaking excited. I get a 2023 ZL1 in a 6 speed manual in the exact color I wanted, with the options I wanted (and more that I wouldn't have bothered with but idc)

My recommendation for folks in my position would be to try and grab a 2023 at MSRP. They are out there, and while you may have to pay for a road trip or shipping fees, IMO I feel much better paying for that than paying an ADM which feels like lighting money on fire to me.

Best of luck to everyone!
Old 07-20-2023, 09:38 AM   #22
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1nch View Post

should be deposit only
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 10:27 AM   #23
h1nch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302crossram View Post
should be deposit only
Totally agree, which is why I backed away from working with that dealership.

They actually told me with a straight face (I'm assuming) that it is perfectly normal for a person to sign paper work and set up financing (with the clock starting immediately) for a car that has not been delivered to a dealership yet. They claimed that "well it will definitely be here in a month" and I asked if they could provide that guarantee in writing with a clause that I will get a full refund if they don't deliver by a specific date and they said no.

Clearly not a trustworthy dealer.

They also said that they were not equipped to arrange shipping and that I would have had to do that on my own. Totally useless
Old 07-20-2023, 11:09 AM   #24
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
I’m battling between taking a 2SS 2023 car that has options (like sunroofs) that I don’t want. Or a Riptide Blue 2024 ordered to my liking for MSRP. I’ll wait 6 months for the car, not in a rush.

Also trying to figure out if I’m too late to order a 24.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 04:54 PM   #25
amricnmscl

Drives: Camaro
Been looking on and off for a long time. Was about ready to give up on a new 2ss and I was just about ready to drive 10 hours to pick up a 2020 2ss, that was looking like a good deal with most of my favorite options, except magnetic ride. Miles were a little higher than I wanted though.

But then I thought "I should check Camaro6 first". Saw this thread, and decided to do another search of Inventory on Chevrolet.com. Saw the normal "In transit" cars that are always sold already as custom orders. But decided to call a few dealers up and ask. First one was sold. But the second one was somehow available! And offered in nearly my favorite exact configuration (2SS, manual, Sharkskin, Magnetic ride, dual mode exhaust, red calipers, sunroof). $750 off MSRP DEPOSIT JUST MADE!
I cant believe I am going to get it when it arrives in a few weeks. Thanks to the forum members, keep the faith fellow searchers!

In case anyone is shopping used, here is the 2020 2SS, price is reduced to $38,606 if you ask them. Ask for Trey

https://www.jimbutlerchevycentralia....-MO/5611048710
amricnmscl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 06:09 PM   #26
50MileSmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amricnmscl View Post
But then I thought "I should check Camaro6 first". Saw this thread, and decided to do another search of Inventory on Chevrolet.com. Saw the normal "In transit" cars that are always sold already as custom orders. But decided to call a few dealers up and ask. First one was sold. But the second one was somehow available! And offered in nearly my favorite exact configuration (2SS, manual, Sharkskin, Magnetic ride, dual mode exhaust, red calipers, sunroof). $750 off MSRP DEPOSIT JUST MADE!
I cant believe I am going to get it when it arrives in a few weeks. Thanks to the forum members, keep the faith fellow searchers!
You also just found a near-twin to the OP’s 2-week-old 2SS that started all of this. Congrats!
Old 08-11-2023, 11:51 AM   #27
BLACK3R

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Picked up this week in TN and driven back to FL. Pics taken in the Cherokee National Forest. Lots of 2nd-3rd gear corners. 2023 2SS 1LE 6sp only optioned with a front plate bracket. Found on Chevy inventory search.

Name:  IMG_2584.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  405.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2585.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  505.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2586.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  436.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2587.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  399.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2590.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  372.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2592.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  449.4 KB
BLACK3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 02:26 PM   #28
50MileSmile

Excellent - enjoy! By the way, there are close to 4,000 Camaros still showing in the Camaro Inventory at Chevy.com, but who knows how many are really available or for sale at MSRP or (lower). If you don’t think you’ll be able to get the 2024 you want (like a ZL1 1LE), it’s definitely still worth a phone call or email to the dealers with cars. There are plenty of LTs and SSs on the list, but the ZL1s (especially with 1LE) are almost gone.