Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #15
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
All idea's and suggestions are more than welcome. All we have been doing is taking another member's idea, and basically trying to organize it and make it happen. We would love to have a list of suggestions for meets and outings we can attend with each other and or family's.

For example, this month Justin had the Idea to do this Charity Show for the two fallen LEO's. There were several regular posters that thought it was a good idea, and wanted to attend. So we took that idea and turned it into our August meet and created a sign up and info thread on it.

There are a lot of members that don't have the time to post or reply on a regular basis. That's where we have run with it, because time is essential in getting schedules confirmed with other promoters. We would like to show other clubs and promoters we are a club united, and should be taken seriously.

There are going to be a lot of growing pains in trying to get things organized. I would love for us to maintain monthly gatherings / fellowships ... I would like to see some more sponsors, maybe a bi-monthly news letter that can be emailed ...

Please be patient, and post ideas and suggestions. IMO we should also use PM's if someone is upset about something, rather than making post here about it. The Camaro5 mods will not take to a lot of bickering. We are all adults and need to conduct ourselves like such ...

The above is just my opinion:

Jim G.

aka - SlingShot
Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #16
RaspyRon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS SIM
Not upset or bickering.....just posting a few thoughts. Thought that was what this forum was for. I apologize if I offended anyone.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #17
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaspyRon View Post
Sorry I guess I was reading your post the wrong way. I hope that the club succeeds...after all thats what we are all here for....to show off our camaros and have fun.
It's ok. I do it ALL the time.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #18
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
All idea's and suggestions are more than welcome. All we have been doing is taking another member's idea, and basically trying to organize it and make it happen. We would love to have a list of suggestions for meets and outings we can attend with each other and or family's.

For example, this month Justin had the Idea to do this Charity Show for the two fallen LEO's. There were several regular posters that thought it was a good idea, and wanted to attend. So we took that idea and turned it into our August meet and created a sign up and info thread on it.

There are a lot of members that don't have the time to post or reply on a regular basis. That's where we have run with it, because time is essential in getting schedules confirmed with other promoters. We would like to show other clubs and promoters we are a club united, and should be taken seriously.

There are going to be a lot of growing pains in trying to get things organized. I would love for us to maintain monthly gatherings / fellowships ... I would like to see some more sponsors, maybe a bi-monthly news letter that can be emailed ...

Please be patient, and post ideas and suggestions. IMO we should also use PM's if someone is upset about something, rather than making post here about it. The Camaro5 mods will not take to a lot of bickering. We are all adults and need to conduct ourselves like such ...

The above is just my opinion:

Jim G.

aka - SlingShot

I can do the news letters.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #19
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiLT View Post
I can do the news letters.
That would be awesome !!!

We should open this for discussion and or articles from members to add. Maybe it can be finished in a PDF format and downloaded from the new website.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #20
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

I will need everyones emails.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
Ron i agree with what you said. Been in car clubs and things always seem like a good idea but they change quick and most times for the worse. The more open the club is the better chance it has. Once there becomes politics in it. Its just a matter of time.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #22
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

All the boar members will no longer make full on decisions on their own. I wil ask our members their thoughts in the new letters.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #23
RaspyRon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase_2008 View Post
Ron i agree with what you said. Been in car clubs and things always seem like a good idea but they change quick and most times for the worse. The more open the club is the better chance it has. Once there becomes politics in it. Its just a matter of time.
I agree...you can see it coming, however I hope it works out for the sake of the active members.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #24
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaspyRon View Post
I agree...you can see it coming, however I hope it works out for the sake of the active members.

Let me ask you guys this for example ... As far as setting up events and outings, should there be the same members making the arrangements. Or should we take turns, or who ever has the idea run with it. I really don't have an answer and all input is appreciated.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #25
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Let me ask you guys this for example ... As far as setting up events and outings, should there be the same members making the arrangements. Or should we take turns, or who ever has the idea run with it. I really don't have an answer and all input is appreciated.
I like the idea of there being a few set members who arrange everything that way there is no miscommunication. However that doesn't mean the rest of the group cannot pick places and have a say so in any club decisions. That would be where a vote comes in.

Example: I want to have a outing/event at Billybobs on a Sat next month, but GuiLT wants to have a outing/event at Billyjoes that month. Instead of us arguing where to have it we let the "board members" decide and they take it over and plan it from there.

That make since?? LOL!!
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #26
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluver View Post
I like the idea of there being a few set members who arrange everything that way there is no miscommunication. However that doesn't mean the rest of the group cannot pick places and have a say so in any club decisions. That would be where a vote comes in.

Example: I want to have a outing/event at Billybobs on a Sat next month, but GuiLT wants to have a outing/event at Billyjoes that month. Instead of us arguing where to have it we let the "board members" decide and they take it over and plan it from there.

That make since?? LOL!!

WOMAN! Why you gotta make me seem like the fun ruiner!!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #27
tw3ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SW/IOM
I think the board members should get active members to vote if for some reason there is a conflict on an outing. Not make all the decisions on there own. They can work like moderators. This is by the way a CLUB and all members should get a say because without members there IS NO CLUB.

The outings so far have been OK, I as a member hope things go well and we keep growing.

Sorry but in my opinion there does need to be some without getting crazy lets keep it fun and everyones opinion.

tw3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #28
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiLT View Post
WOMAN! Why you gotta make me seem like the fun ruiner!!
SO SORRY!!! :( Your name came to me first as I was typing away LOL!!
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote