The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #15
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
The ps4 is the better hard ware so it basically just comes down to the games that you want to play. And also the 4k definition update for games is not out for the ps4 yet so might as well save up for a 4k TV for now I guess.
According to Sony and MS exe's, neither system will be capable of 4k gaming due to hardware limitations.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #16
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Copied and Pasted from another thread:

To be honest I play the X1 more than the PS4 right now, but that is because of how many friends i have that play it. If that wasn't a factor Im sure i would be playing both the same. amount. If I had to give advice on which to get I would have to say to look at what your friends are getting, if that isn't a issue than which one has the exclusives that interest you? Right now with all the announcements both seem to be getting some heavy hitters in the future. Off the top of my head

X1:

Quantum Break (Great looking game that combines Alan Wake story telling with Max Payne Cinematics

TitanFall Turning out to be the most anticipated game of next gen

Halo 5 One of the defining games for Xbox

Project Spark A game for those with an imagination big enough to create their own game

Sunset Overdrive Not too much can be said about this other than it reminds me alot of Team Fortress

PS4

Infamous Second Son: If you havent played the previous games you have been missing out, defintitely looks to fill out that gaping hole where a super powered hero game belongs

The Order: 1886 looks to be an awesome steampunkish shooter

Uncharted 4 One of the series that makes the Playstation what it is, fantastic series

Driveclub There to help you with that racing itch, its visuals seem to be nothing short of fantastic
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #17
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
According to Sony and MS exe's, neither system will be capable of 4k gaming due to hardware limitations.
No they will not, but PS4 will support 4K video.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #18
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Actually....The execs were quoted on saying that there are no hardware limitations for 4k gaming on the X1. Sony flat out said it is capable of 4k Video, nothing about gaming yet. Ill find the article...
Old 12-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #19
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Here is the article about 4k on xbox one

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...e-hard-drives/

Something to keep in mind though. There is a big chance that regardless if the next gen systems get 4k support or not it is highly unlikely to have 4k with 60 fps since there are hardly and PC hardware that can run it. On top of that fitting that much data of 4k content on a blu ray disc will be very difficult, Either we will see multiple disc, or a new way to burn data to the blu ray that takes less space
Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post

Something to keep in mind though. There is a big chance that regardless if the next gen systems get 4k support or not it is highly unlikely to have 4k with 60 fps since there are hardly and PC hardware that can run it. On top of that fitting that much data of 4k content on a blu ray disc will be very difficult, Either we will see multiple disc, or a new way to burn data to the blu ray that takes less space
The PS4 is more powerful. If the PS4 is incapable of 4K gaming, then the XBone is incapable of 4K gaming. Most PCs can't do 4K gaming. Sony will only do 4K video through their video services. due to the space limitations of a blu-ray.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #21
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
I got a ps4 personally, and I'm quite happy with it. I've played with a friend's xbone and and frankly the only thing I feel that I'm missing out on it Forza 5. I'll probably get a xbone later (I generally end up with all consoles, no fanboyism here) when there are more exclusives that are actually good (titanfall, etc), but as for now, the ps4 is doing me just fine. I actually play my Wii U more than any of my other consoles right now (I have 360, ps3, vita, 3ds, ps4, wii u, and a decent gaming laptop)

I'd just like to note about the whole free games thing, xbox live's free games don't even compare to PS+'s. PS+ get's much newer games and even games on ps4 (resogun, borderlands 2, grid 2, etc) whereas xbl has given out games that you can buy used for $5 like Halo 3, Fable 3, and Gears of War 1. They're great games, but you're getting a $5 value and most have already played them at this point because they can be had so cheap.

I wouldn't worry about 4k for a long time. It's going to be a while before we have a storage medium capable of hold several 4k items on it, as well as the fact that in most stores you can't even go in and buy a 4k tv yet. Consoles just got to the true utilization of 1080p at 60fps (actually xbone seems to struggle at it in most games), so I wouldn't expect 4k (which is SIGNIFICANTLY higher resolution than 1080p) for games any time soon.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
The PS4 is more powerful. If the PS4 is incapable of 4K gaming, then the XBone is incapable of 4K gaming. Most PCs can't do 4K gaming. Sony will only do 4K video through their video services. due to the space limitations of a blu-ray.
you would think that, but i think i remember reading somewhere it had something to do with the upscaler chip on the xbox. it may not be Native 4k but still upscaling may be possible.

Here you go a pic of X1 Forza 5 on upscaled to 4k on a 4k TV

and the article
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/...-inches-4k-tv/
Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by banter View Post
I got a ps4 personally, and I'm quite happy with it. I've played with a friend's xbone and and frankly the only thing I feel that I'm missing out on it Forza 5. I'll probably get a xbone later (I generally end up with all consoles, no fanboyism here) when there are more exclusives that are actually good (titanfall, etc), but as for now, the ps4 is doing me just fine. I actually play my Wii U more than any of my other consoles right now (I have 360, ps3, vita, 3ds, ps4, wii u, and a decent gaming laptop)

I'd just like to note about the whole free games thing, xbox live's free games don't even compare to PS+'s. PS+ get's much newer games and even games on ps4 (resogun, borderlands 2, grid 2, etc) whereas xbl has given out games that you can buy used for $5 like Halo 3, Fable 3, and Gears of War 1. They're great games, but you're getting a $5 value and most have already played them at this point because they can be had so cheap.

I wouldn't worry about 4k for a long time. It's going to be a while before we have a storage medium capable of hold several 4k items on it, as well as the fact that in most stores you can't even go in and buy a 4k tv yet. Consoles just got to the true utilization of 1080p at 60fps (actually xbone seems to struggle at it in most games), so I wouldn't expect 4k (which is SIGNIFICANTLY higher resolution than 1080p) for games any time soon.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #24
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
you would think that, but i think i remember reading somewhere it had something to do with the upscaler chip on the xbox. it may not be Native 4k but still upscaling may be possible.

Here you go a pic of X1 Forza 5 on upscaled to 4k on a 4k TV

and the article
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/...-inches-4k-tv/
Upscaling is not 4K gaming. Upscaling 720p is not 1080p gaming.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #25
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:

All the more reason they should have stuck with the Cloud/Digital downloading of XB1 games. They should have just ignored all of the hard copy disc complainers and stuck with their original plan.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
First of all, good luck on getting one soon

Second, figure out which controller you want and what console exclusives you want to play.

Graphically, they're going to be close. The PS4 has better hardware, but the XB1 isn't a slouch either. Even at 720p and then upscaled to 1080p, Battlefield 4 looks great. Much better than BF3 on the 360. Forza 5 looks fantastic, and that is at 1080p and 60FPS.

The Kinect is a cool feature, there's still some bugs in it, but basically you're getting a 1080p video camera (you can use for Skype for instance) a microphone array for voice controls, and an IR blaster to act as a universal remote. Say Xbox On, it can turn on your TV and surround sound receiver/unit. You can also turn up and down the volume using voice commands, and of course navigate in a lot of Apps just using voice commands.

Either system you pick you really can't go wrong. I got the XB1 because I've always been an Xbox gamer. I love the controller and I love the exclusives, Halo being the number one series to me.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #27
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Upscaling is not 4K gaming. Upscaling 720p is not 1080p gaming.
Upscaling will be the only option with these next next gen when it comes to 4k. So in a sense it is 4k gaming. It is much better then having black bars around the picture.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #28
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

and 1080p is a generalized term to me. it encompasses upscaled 1080p AND Native 1080p. Even though Native is a bit better.