Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
I would'nt be letting that secret out in pubic...............lol JK.......
LMAO!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #16
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
I'm also 6'6" tall give or take a quarter of a inch...............have'nt any problems with the Gen5 seating comfort, height adjustment, line of sight or general use factors. The cars equiped with the sunroof too....................any who's I notice your measurements while sitting against the wall (Torso) and your calculations that you measured 39" from the floor to the top of your head...............and 39" equates to three feet three inches............correct? So if you're six feet six inches ( 72"+6" = 78") and (78"/2=39") seventy eight inches divided by two equals 39".........how do assertain that your torso is longer than your legs. Would'nt it be more likely that yourr torso is exactly the same measurment as your legs in inches.................just wondering. On a side note using your method......my torso and legs are also 39" in length and again..............The car fits me perfectly.
thanks, exactly the kind of response i was looking for. you make a good point about my torso being the same length as my legs. i asked my girlfriend where she thought my height was and she said it's definitely evenly distributed. i just have long arms and wear 32x34 pants and assumed my torso was longer than my legs. but alas...i work in finance and couldn't even add the numbers, so thanks for that, hahaha. thanks for answering the original question too. i'm just nervous since the camaro will be my daily driver, so i want to make sure i'm going to be comfortable as much as i would in any other car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
I'm 6'9" and wear a 34x38 and have had no problems with leg room. Between my torso and legs I'm pretty even.
thanks for the feedback. legroom is great in the car i think since the dash and console don't meet and so there is a lot of space for the right knee. there aren't a lot of cars with that kind of leg comfort!

anyway, i'm more concerned with the torso and the head and back being comfortable. when i sit in my girlfriend's buick lacross (big cars), i realize when i sit up straight my head is about 1" from the top too. probably most cars that aren't SUVs will be the same for me.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #17
SkullDuggery

Drives: 2011 Black LS
I'm about 6'3" and long in the torso. I have maybe a little over an inch of clearance above my head, so my hair rubs ocassionally. Sometimes I recline the seat back a little when on long drives. The most problem I have is in the mornings trying to get that last swallow of coffee from my travel mug. I can't raise the cup all the way up without hitting the roof so I have to do this odd head tilt drink manuver
Small price to pay for the awesomeness that is the Camaro
SkullDuggery is offline   Reply With Quote