Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #15
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Second last day of winter and I got hit

I took mine out Friday first time since jan 1st and almost got hit twice. First was a guy flying in the lowes parking lot turned down the aisle I was coming up turned into my side/lane luckily I was going slow. People are numbskulls

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #16
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Rear ended AGAIN.....Mid afternoon, .slightly cloudy, dry roads, traffic comes to a sudden stop. I hit the brakes and had a couple feet between me and car in front, guy behind hit me pretty hard. I don't think the damage is too bad, looks the same as the last time I was rear ended, but I'm sore. Nothing serious, could have been worse. This will be the 4th time into the body shop for damage.

Seriously considering selling, bad luck car......
I feel your pain. I also got hit last Tuesday, in my DD, (06 MonteCarloSS).
Good thing the Camaro is still in the garage.
Its also the 4th trip to the body shop for the Monte, only 1 was my fault. :(
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #17
mjrracing97
Bumblebee1961

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to mjrracing97
A Little late to the party, like usual, but glad to hear that you are okay! I agree that if you are still sore and achey that you should get it get out. Take care and see you this summer.
Cheers,
Jim and Myrna
mjrracing97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #18
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
I took mine out Friday first time since jan 1st and almost got hit twice. First was a guy flying in the lowes parking lot turned down the aisle I was coming up turned into my side/lane luckily I was going slow. People are numbskulls

Ryan
Totally agree, people are numbskulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF1 View Post
I feel your pain. I also got hit last Tuesday, in my DD, (06 MonteCarloSS).
Good thing the Camaro is still in the garage.
Its also the 4th trip to the body shop for the Monte, only 1 was my fault. :(
Hope you are ok and not hurt! Sorry about your car!! People are just always in a hurry and get careless on the roads. Hopefully your car is good as new soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrracing97 View Post
A Little late to the party, like usual, but glad to hear that you are okay! I agree that if you are still sore and achey that you should get it get out. Take care and see you this summer.
Cheers,
Jim and Myrna
I'm good Jim! The other driver was being pretty cautious and maybe thought i was going to screw him over, but all is good. Car goes in on Monday for repairs...will be in all week. Hopefully the snow ends by the time I get her back and we can start planning a spring cruise!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #19
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Hearing these stories almost makes me not want to drive the car on the road lol, almost. Mines not a DD though.

Sent from somewhere on the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #20
smarbrit

Dropped her off this morning for repairs and picked up a rental. They put me in a Volvo, gotta say, I like it......alot! don't know much about this car, but it sure is nice to drive!

Supposed to be nice by the end of the week, hopefully by the time I get the car back, winter will be over!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #21
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
I got T-boned in the drivers' door by a lady doing an estimated 60 mph in my old DD. She pushed me sideways 25 ft down the street. The impact bent my car in half. Luckily, I was driving a Chevy and I only had minor soft tissue damage. Sadly, the DD was totaled. This was almost 4 years ago. I still have some neck pain on cold days, but I am getting old and expect that.
Go to the doctor and get everything documented is what I am saying.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #22
smarbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
I got T-boned in the drivers' door by a lady doing an estimated 60 mph in my old DD. She pushed me sideways 25 ft down the street. The impact bent my car in half. Luckily, I was driving a Chevy and I only had minor soft tissue damage. Sadly, the DD was totaled. This was almost 4 years ago. I still have some neck pain on cold days, but I am getting old and expect that.
Go to the doctor and get everything documented is what I am saying.
Ouch, glad you were ok!!! I've had my share of injury accidents, thankfully all fairly minor relatively speaking (no broken bones, just cuts and bruises) so I know how you must of felt. I've had 3 vehicles totalled in accidents in the past and did pursue injuries at the time.

I will be going in soon for an appointment for something else, will have the doc make sure I'm ok, but I am sure I am. Was only sore for a day.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:06 PM   #23
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Glad you are ok. He probably rear ended you as he was admiring your car and didn't realize what he was doing
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #24
smarbrit

Got her back last night. Not sure if I'm 100% happy with it, there's one spot on the bumper point that doesn't look right, but I'm sure I'm the only one who will ever notice it. Kinda made a joke this morning, I'll leave it until I get rear ended again same time next year...

When I was at the dealer I checked out what they had on the lot....didn't see any new older camaros, just '14's and while they are still a great looking car, I don't like the lights.

And while the Volvo was a lovely car, I don't think I'd ever buy one.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #25
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Got her back last night. Not sure if I'm 100% happy with it, there's one spot on the bumper point that doesn't look right, but I'm sure I'm the only one who will ever notice it. Kinda made a joke this morning, I'll leave it until I get rear ended again same time next year...

When I was at the dealer I checked out what they had on the lot....didn't see any new older camaros, just '14's and while they are still a great looking car, I don't like the lights.

And while the Volvo was a lovely car, I don't think I'd ever buy one.
Sheena, my advice on this is if you're not 100% happy with the work, take it back and tell them. It was 100% before and you want it 100% now. If they say you need a new bumper skin, then the insurance will have to cough it up. You'll only regret it in the long run. Just my humble opinion.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #26
smarbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Sheena, my advice on this is if you're not 100% happy with the work, take it back and tell them. It was 100% before and you want it 100% now. If they say you need a new bumper skin, then the insurance will have to cough it up. You'll only regret it in the long run. Just my humble opinion.
I'm going today to look at trading her in. Dealer has a white with orange leather, same package I have on my current car, but its a '14 and I'm just not sure. But going to check it out anyway, may work with 0% interest as I am pretty sure I'm upside down on the car.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #27
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Quote:
I'm going today to look at trading her in. Dealer has a white with orange leather, same package I have on my current car, but its a '14 and I'm just not sure. But going to check it out anyway, may work with 0% interest as I am pretty sure I'm upside down on the car.
Nice! Hope it works out for you!
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #28
smarbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
Nice! Hope it works out for you!
Thanks. It may not make sense to do it, but doesn't hurt to check things out.