Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-29-2017, 05:56 AM   #15
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
While that does suck, If they're willing to fix it then that's not so bad of a deal... You can throw a fit about the longer wait and maybe get a rental car for the time being or they'll toss something small in like black bowties... But that is really at the mercy of how nice they are.

Because most likely, If you don't buy it... They'll fix it and sell it to someone who was completely unaware and never will find out and they'll make their money.

I work at a car manufacturing plant, and have had to send cars for repaint on some panels (still in factory, but not part of the production line)... I am sure many 6th gens had to get panels repainted for defects or scratches caused in manufacturing.

My brand new 2SS had to be repainted because the clear coat had white bubbles in it... They painted both rear quarter panels, all the way to the roof and the trunk lid, So about half the car... And the paint is 97% perfect, There's 2 spots where I can see some dust got on it but its super minor and no one has been able to point it out but me (probably because i'm trained and paid to spot defects). I have a few dozen rock chips on the rocker panel/side skirt literally just below where they repainted... The repainted areas only has 2 chips and they seem to have been caused by giant rocks where the lower part that wasn't painted got beat up (1900 miles), Because the body shop put on the paint and clear coat thicker than factory... So if you weren't going to clear bra it, They kind of did you a favor as the new paint will be laid on thicker.

Last edited by BamBam2SS; 01-29-2017 at 06:24 AM.
BamBam2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:22 AM   #16
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
All of that is simple to clear up in a good body shop.
Don't let that ruin all the excitement for your car. Perspective.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:45 AM   #17
Miller79

Drives: '17 Camaro 1SS
My car was damaged by the truck delivery guy bottoming out backing it off the ramp. I was pretty upset about it, considering I had already bought it. There was $1000 worth of damage and it delayed my pickup about a week. GM made my first payment and supposedly doubled my warranty but I've yet to see that appear on the myChevrolet page...
Finally picked up: 12/14/16
Miller79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #18
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEN View Post
i requested them to change the whole bumper+ reduction of the total cost with -$2500+ more promotion for me or i 'll pass the offer and sue them
i'll not accept painting it
Ain't gonna happen. What would you sue them over?? You have no damages yet so aren't entitled to anything. It sucks and I feel bad for you but it's just some bumper paint damage. Even if they replace the bumper they'll need to repaint the new one.

If I were the dealer and you asked for that I would just tell you to walk and I would sell it to someone else.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:41 AM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Ain't gonna happen. What would you sue them over?? You have no damages yet so aren't entitled to anything. It sucks and I feel bad for you but it's just some bumper paint damage. Even if they replace the bumper they'll need to repaint the new one.

If I were the dealer and you asked for that I would just tell you to walk and I would sell it to someone else.
I agree, I know you're upset, but you need to get a grip. You are not entitled to anything except your money back and canceling the deal.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #20
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
i requested them to change the whole bumper+ reduction of the total cost with -$2500+ more promotion for me or i 'll pass the offer and sue them
i'll not accept painting it
What will you sue for? it's not even your car yet. You have not signed papers. You did not payed for it either. It's just a freaking plastic bumper. Have it replaced and get on with your life.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:29 AM   #21
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
I'm sorry OP but you are over reacting a lot. Let them repaint/repair any damages then make the deal. I know you expect a perfect car we all do. Repaint is just as good maybe better than the factory does anyway.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #22
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Do you know how often cars have bodywork/repaint done at the assembly plant? Sheesh, thats not a big deal. It can be fixed like brand new again and you would never even know. At least they were honest with you. Some dealers would have fixed it and never even told you and then you would have never known. Ever.

Guess it's your money so you can feel as you wish about it.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #23
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
No, it isn't. Any repaint will be detectable with a paint thickness gauge, and will lower the cars value.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:04 PM   #24
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtplt View Post
No, it isn't. Any repaint will be detectable with a paint thickness gauge, and will lower the cars value.
I totally disagree.......no used car mgr uses a paint gauge. If it matches, no one will care in future dealings.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:07 PM   #25
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Found a dent on my 2014 at delivery and still accepted the car. After the dealer fixed it.
They threw a few extras into the deal to make me happy.

When I thought about it, when they stored it like this, things were bound to happen.
Attached Images

LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #26
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
It's a bumper. Relax and have them fix it. My brand new SS Sedan had a scratch on the door done at the dealer. They painted it and it looks perfect. I don't even think about it and enjoy the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Don't let that ruin all the excitement for your car. Perspective.
+1
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #27
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
They will fix it red is a easy one to match up at a good shop I've spray painted for 18 years could easily make this look new again! That said I know it sucks im in Canada also payed 60k aswel when I went to get the car I ordered also all the dash lights were on I laughed to myself and kept positive.

They said it was in demo mode I said nope it's more then that and to check the passenger seat for the wires touching boom fixed in 30 minutes but they were stand up and said I didn't have to sign anything until the car was on par! Now I had a small nick on the dash also I kept quiet said f it and wet sanded it super light and polished it up no one will ever know but me.

Your money check the rest of the car over if they do paint the front I would look into expel after 30 days to stop any chipping that may occur some shops paint does not hold up to rocks ect well at all all! But if done right can drive on for years to come.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #28
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
the problem that their customer service is bad, they want to sell only
Are they demanding you buy the car without fixing it first? If not, I don't see this is as more than an inconvenience for you. Life will send you far bigger problems than a scratched bumper. Save your emotions for bigger things.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote