Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #1765
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Yep I did it. The great thing about this sight is you don't have to be a trail blazer. Here is the thread that I followed. ( I only sanded to bring it to the edge... I still have all the other parts but my leds are blue.)

DIY on adding ABL to your door

This has been done before also.... very tedious. Beyond my nerve level.

DIY Change LEDs in Speed/Tach Gauge
hah, yeah, i love this site...always something new to read about and decide if it's something i wanna do. i remember i found that second link before i actually joined here...his write-up is pretty good. i imagine it's probably not as tedious as his instructions make it seem, but i like playing with electronics still, that's quite a few LEDs to replace lol
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #1766
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Got to say I did like it with the wrap, but really like this look. It seemed not to come off as easy as I thought it was going to be, but really not hard. Very little glue left. I am going to wash and wax tomorrow and get better pics. I got to say if you were to decide to remover the wrap in a year or to I imagine it will be alot harder. This turned into a family project with my wife and daughter helping.
I pulled mine off over the weekend. So now there are 2 Summit Whites without the hood wrap. I washed her today but I didn't have time to do a photoshoot. I will take a couple pics tomorrow. I think I'm going to leave the hood white until I have enough money to buy a larger cowl hood and paint it satin black or whatever matches the spoiler...
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #1767
OzzySS

nothing but cussing today

last night i was driving back home, and my service stabilitrack comes on...i'm like, "ok, i'm only a few more miles, i'll get home and look tomorrow"...parked on the street since i didn't want to fight my driveway, cut my wheels and hear a loud pop. it was loud enough that my roommate heard it out on the lanai where he was smoking.
looked today, and that pop was my front passenger side strut snapping!
so, i'll be pursuing a warranty claim tomorrow, and if that fails i suppose i'll go through my insurance for a breakdown claim :(
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #1768
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
last night i was driving back home, and my service stabilitrack comes on...i'm like, "ok, i'm only a few more miles, i'll get home and look tomorrow"...parked on the street since i didn't want to fight my driveway, cut my wheels and hear a loud pop. it was loud enough that my roommate heard it out on the lanai where he was smoking.
so, i'll be pursuing a warranty claim tomorrow, and if that fails i suppose i'll go through my insurance for a breakdown claim :(
Now that's impressive! You may have a first here.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #1769
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Warranty, have the dealer send a tow truck and make sure they give you a loner. Part shouldn't be too big an issue pretty sure it is the same used on all SS Cameros. If you're up to it may want to start a thread so we can track your progress. To drive hard enough to snap that you'd set off airbags. So don't let em push you around.

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #1770
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Ouch! Warranty should cover that.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #1771
OzzySS

Yeah I'll make the call about the warranty tomorrow. Fortunately I won't have to deal with getting a loaner, since I still have the cavalier as a DD. I actually had nightmares last night about the car :(

Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #1772
tramtwo

Quote:
Yeah I'll make the call about the warranty tomorrow. Fortunately I won't have to deal with getting a loaner, since I still have the cavalier as a DD. I actually had nightmares last night about the car :(
Take this tip from someone who knows. Document everything... phone calls, dealer visits, ect.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #1773
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Oh no. Sorry Ozzy. It seems a no brainer that warramty will cover the issue. It must have been defective. Was this the same side which hopped the curb? Sure am curious as to how that could have happened. Keep us in the loop.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #1774
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Damn sorry to see that Ozzy...Hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #1775
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Dude...WOW! What happened,were you getting on it?this really concerns me since Laguna is a week from Fri.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #1776
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Dude...WOW! What happened,were you getting on it?this really concerns me since Laguna is a week from Fri.
Buy the track insurance... we need you focused on driving.... any idea how many of us are waiting for this day?!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1777
Mrchop

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
curb job

Quote:

do you think it has anything to do with your post in 1652?

if it makes you feel any better CRT, i left the bar last week (no, i wasn't drunk, i was DD) and decided to follow my passengers' advice and try to show off a little...broke loose and started going sideways, but couldn't get it back under control until after i hopped the curb
here's the result on my front driver side...so now i'm down two wheels, one from shipping and one my own dumb fault
fortunately, i bought the wheel/tire plan from the finance guy, so i'm taking her in tomorrow morning before work to see about replacement.

is it the same side?
Mrchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #1778
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchop View Post
do you think it has anything to do with your post in 1652?

if it makes you feel any better CRT, i left the bar last week (no, i wasn't drunk, i was DD) and decided to follow my passengers' advice and try to show off a little...broke loose and started going sideways, but couldn't get it back under control until after i hopped the curb
here's the result on my front driver side...so now i'm down two wheels, one from shipping and one my own dumb fault
fortunately, i bought the wheel/tire plan from the finance guy, so i'm taking her in tomorrow morning before work to see about replacement.

is it the same side?
nope