Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #1499
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
The color on that Hot Wheels Camaro is gorgeous
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #1500
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The color on that Hot Wheels Camaro is gorgeous
It is, but I am still leaning towards that green of the Bullitt. Like both, but damn does that green makes me want to go out and get one.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:55 AM   #1501
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And because they think it spells certain doom for the Camaro. Which is an idiotic way to think. The Chally has had poor sales all these years and they still manage. But it helps the Mustang boys to sleep at night if they can dream of the Camaro going out of production again.

Also because they think that bringing it up bothers us. It is a failed troll attempt. I don't care if the Mustang outsells the Camaro. I bought my ZL1 with full knowledge of sales. And that data had no impact on my decision. That and visibility are all they can brag about.

Anyone else notice that fastcarfanboy is the only troll left? What happened to SSFriendly? He hasn't been here anywhere near as frequently after the first H2H.
the Chally platform has been paid off for a decade, how bout Alpha?
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #1502
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
LOL, if Cadillac could sell some ATS's, it could be paid off by now.

That said, with cross platform sharing I am pretty sure GM is no deeper in the Alpha than Ford is in the S550.

I think it is why the alpha is light years ahead of the S550, they can afford to spend more on development.

Of course these are my opinions, NONE of us know the answers to these questions. Its all 100% speculation on what they cost and what margins on these cars are.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #1503
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
LOL, if Cadillac could sell some ATS's, it could be paid off by now.

That said, with cross platform sharing I am pretty sure GM is no deeper in the Alpha than Ford is in the S550.

I think it is why the alpha is light years ahead of the S550, they can afford to spend more on development.

Of course these are my opinions, NONE of us know the answers to these questions. Its all 100% speculation on what they cost and what margins on these cars are.
If you look at total volume i think the 3 Alpha cars and the S550 are pretty close in terms of numbers for pure volume
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 02-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #1504
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yes. Its funny the price point keeps coming up, but let me ask you this. If the 6th Gen design is not the problem why was the 5th Gen sales much better even late into the model year build? IMO the slight refresh Chevy did with the 14/15 models was enough to keep interest in the vehicle. The 6th Gen never garnered that interest.
I don't care about sales bro. And I'm not getting into some long drawn out conversation with you about why the Mustang sells better. If it makes you feel better to think that the 6th Gen Camaro is a flop then go right ahead. It doesn't matter to me one bit. Even if you're right and the Camaro is a flop and it does disappear again (highly illogical, highly unlikely) it still won't matter to me as this will (most likely) be the last Camaro I buy anyway. All Vettes from now on. So arguing about sales with you indefinitely does not interest me one bit. The only thing that matters to me is which of these cars is the better performer. And it is the Camaro. And by the time the Mustang catches up, well again, I won't be driving Camaros so it won't matter to me.
Quote:
Like I said, just mentioned it because this forum as a thing for 100% stock when it comes to something Ford does. GM goes out tests the ZR1, says they added those things but then says "other than that it's all stock" and no one here bat's an eye lol. Had Ford done that, people would have been screaming bloody murder haha.
It isn't a Camaro6 forum thing. It is the same everywhere. The only logical and fair way that anyone can determine which of these cars performs better is to compare them bone stock. We all know what happens when we start talking about mods.

I would not have cried foul if the GT had a seatbelt harness and harness bar. For all we know they did. And if so, then like I said it would probably have been for safety/liability reasons since they were at the track. I could be wrong. But I gave you the argument that it could have helped the driver achieve those times so there you go. Does it help the car function better? Of course not. Does it help the driver? Quite possibly. Either way if you wanna discount it then that is fine by me. If you go back and look at my posts you'll see that I said the Ford GT would beat the ZR1 anyway. And I'm surprised the ZR1 beat the Ford GT even with the harnesses. Again, maybe GM will put the harnesses on the ZR1. Who knows?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #1505
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Expecting gen 6 sales to be as good as gen 5 is idiotic. Gen 7 sales should be an improvement over gen 6 sales wise.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #1506
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Nah. Fleet sales are what separate the three. More individual buyers choose Camaro because they do care about performance.
Yep, GM really limits the amount of cars they can sell to rental companies. I rarely see Camaro's at any of the rental spots....but there is always, always 2-3 Mustangs...

"Cutting Fleet Sales
Todd Christiansen of Camaro Marketing tells us that Chevy is also keeping the Camaro away from fleet sales.

The effort is part of GM’s well-publicized strategy to cut sales to daily rental car fleets. The practice reduces overall sales volume but delivers various benefits like higher resale and residual values, lower incentives, and higher Average Transaction Prices (ATPs). More importantly, it also boosts profit margins. Traditionally, General Motors hasn’t championed such practices; the strategic change is one of the key differences between the “New GM” and the bankrupt “old GM”.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/08/what-chevrolet-says-about-slipping-sixth-gen-camaro-sales/#ixzz55yC6digw"

Ford sold roughly 1/3 of their cars to rental fleet companies, which is a huge chunk of cars. If that number is truly accurate, that means that just 55k of the 82k Mustangs built, were bought by normal people.

GM sold almost 68k of the new Camaro....and it would take roughly 20% of their total sales to be sold to rental fleets to still finish 2nd behind the Mustang for 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
To start, the Chally platform is different, as it was a modified chassis similar to the Zeta platform for the 5th Gen Camaros... However...A decade? Try like 20 years.... the platform that underpins the Challenger and Charger was from the old Mercedes Benz cars of the late 90's, early 2000's....

At the end of the day, how are you even going to compare the Challenger's chassis to the Camaro? Hell, there is more in common for the Challenger's chassis with the Ford 150 chassis than there is with the Camaro.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #1507
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't care about sales bro. And I'm not getting into some long drawn out conversation with you about why the Mustang sells better. If it makes you feel better to think that the 6th Gen Camaro is a flop then go right ahead. It doesn't matter to me one bit. Even if you're right and the Camaro is a flop and it does disappear again (highly illogical, highly unlikely) it still won't matter to me as this will (most likely) be the last Camaro I buy anyway. All Vettes from now on. So arguing about sales with you indefinitely does not interest me one bit. The only thing that matters to me is which of these cars is the better performer. And it is the Camaro. And by the time the Mustang catches up, well again, I won't be driving Camaros so it won't matter to me.

It isn't a Camaro6 forum thing. It is the same everywhere. The only logical and fair way that anyone can determine which of these cars performs better is to compare them bone stock. We all know what happens when we start talking about mods.

I would not have cried foul if the GT had a seatbelt harness and harness bar. For all we know they did. And if so, then like I said it would probably have been for safety/liability reasons since they were at the track. I could be wrong. But I gave you the argument that it could have helped the driver achieve those times so there you go. Does it help the car function better? Of course not. Does it help the driver? Quite possibly. Either way if you wanna discount it then that is fine by me. If you go back and look at my posts you'll see that I said the Ford GT would beat the ZR1 anyway. And I'm surprised the ZR1 beat the Ford GT even with the harnesses. Again, maybe GM will put the harnesses on the ZR1. Who knows?
The other forums I'm on must just be a bit more laid back lol. Like said was more just busting your chops.

I actually am not shocked the GT was beat by the ZR1. It's got more power, more torque and they have had the whole lifespan of the C7 to create the perfect Vette. The Vette has always been able to chomp away at supercar performance.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #1508
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Yep, GM really limits the amount of cars they can sell to rental companies. I rarely see Camaro's at any of the rental spots....but there is always, always 2-3 Mustangs...

"Cutting Fleet Sales
Todd Christiansen of Camaro Marketing tells us that Chevy is also keeping the Camaro away from fleet sales.

The effort is part of GM’s well-publicized strategy to cut sales to daily rental car fleets. The practice reduces overall sales volume but delivers various benefits like higher resale and residual values, lower incentives, and higher Average Transaction Prices (ATPs). More importantly, it also boosts profit margins. Traditionally, General Motors hasn’t championed such practices; the strategic change is one of the key differences between the “New GM” and the bankrupt “old GM”.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/08/what-chevrolet-says-about-slipping-sixth-gen-camaro-sales/#ixzz55yC6digw"

Ford sold roughly 1/3 of their cars to rental fleet companies, which is a huge chunk of cars. If that number is truly accurate, that means that just 55k of the 82k Mustangs built, were bought by normal people.

GM sold almost 68k of the new Camaro....and it would take roughly 20% of their total sales to be sold to rental fleets to still finish 2nd behind the Mustang for 2017.
So you're saying more PEOPLE bought Camaros than bought Mustangs.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #1509
ST1LE

Quote:
The other forums I'm on must just be a bit more laid back lol. Like said was more just busting your chops.

I actually am not shocked the GT was beat by the ZR1. It's got more power, more torque and they have had the whole lifespan of the C7 to create the perfect Vette. The Vette has always been able to chomp away at supercar performance.
Not to mention the GT has a V6.....WEAK!
Old 02-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #1510
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
So you're saying more PEOPLE bought Camaros than bought Mustangs.
Yup...
Old 02-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #1511
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Not to mention the GT has a V6.....WEAK!
Even though I'm a V8 guy, I don't see it as a weak option... I think it takes balls the size of Pluto to even consider doing that...much less doing it in such an iconic car.

And so far, it's performed very well....
Old 02-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #1512
GotSSmoked
Banned

Drives: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Chevy nailed it with the Gen 6. Your brain is still in the modern days with your thoughts. And the 15-18' Mustang looks better then previous years. At least from when its in my rear view mirror LOL.
Do you even race brah? Lmao! I’m guessing not much with that overheating car and all.

Both mustangs and camaros are great choices right now
GotSSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote