Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #127
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Technically, K&N is a better performer than CAI. Do the math. For $190 K&N will get you 9 whp. Now for $400, CAI gets you 13-15 whp. Which means K&N has a better value. Again, if someone buys K&N, then you CAI boys should just leave it be. Nobody criticizes you guys when every thread about intakes pops up and 15 people are "CAI +1 FTW" down 2 pages. And nobody complains when 20 of you just have to post a pic of your CAI despite the fact that the pic looks exactly the same as the othe 15 people who posted pics of their CAI on the exact same thread. Look at it like this, not everyone gives a crap about CAI. If someone wants a different intake, or doesn't wanna spend $400 for an intake, then so be it. And best believe that if some of you $400 intake $1200 headers guys were hard up for cash, all you statements about patriotism would have flown out the door and you'd be rockin a nice set of OBX instead. For the record, I could have bought $1500 headers, but there are no headers on this planet that are worth that much to me. $800 MAX is what I'd pay for the top brands and I don't give a crap where the product is made. My loyalty and money go to me, my car, and my drinking habit.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #128
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #129
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
K&N ftw, price can't be beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
But performance sure can be beat lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
Prove it..... my car sure runs pretty strong. 410/410 untuned with just intake and headers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Technically, K&N is a better performer than CAI. Do the math. For $190 K&N will get you 9 whp. Now for $400, CAI gets you 13-15 whp. Which means K&N has a better value. Again, if someone buys K&N, then you CAI boys should just leave it be. Nobody criticizes you guys when every thread about intakes pops up and 15 people are "CAI +1 FTW" down 2 pages. And nobody complains when 20 of you just have to post a pic of your CAI despite the fact that the pic looks exactly the same as the othe 15 people who posted pics of their CAI on the exact same thread. Look at it like this, not everyone gives a crap about CAI. If someone wants a different intake, or doesn't wanna spend $400 for an intake, then so be it. And best believe that if some of you $400 intake $1200 headers guys were hard up for cash, all you statements about patriotism would have flown out the door and you'd be rockin a nice set of OBX instead. For the record, I could have bought $1500 headers, but there are no headers on this planet that are worth that much to me. $800 MAX is what I'd pay for the top brands and I don't give a crap where the product is made. My loyalty and money go to me, my car, and my drinking habit.
This whole thread became a debate Bc 1 guy with a chip on his shoulder was giving off the impression that K&N performs just as good as other intakes on the market. Price per $ was never mentioned in the beginning. Yes I agree that if you want a value mod and hp/$ is your only criteria for modding then K&N is a good choice, but sometimes people try to glorify their cheaper choice as tho there is not a difference in performance on the street yadda yadda. Hence the arguments start Bc everybody knows better.
If the people are happy with their K&N then that's fine too. To each his own. Everybody knows that forums are opinionated so it would be very Naīve to think that you can boast about K&N and not have anyone disagree with the performance aspect of it vs another. Doesn't make either right or wrong. It's just opinions. Which is why I only post facts. Doesn't bother me at all if they buy 2 K&N and stack them together. But you also have to realize that other noobs that don't know any better can be convinced that K&N and other CAI's are about the same and then like a noob would, jump on the cheaper price. The header argument is a bad example Bc there is basically a couple hp difference between them all and prices can double or come close to triple.
CAI's are different in that you can literally come close to doubling your hp with just a couple hundred bucks more. So just keep that in mind on both sides.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #130
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I agree with your post camaro jt....it's funny because everyone talking about how the k@n is cheaper...I paid 400 dollars plus for mine where I live.....price isn't a factor for me with my car.....I paid a lot more then the $750 I see here for my jba shorty headers. I bought these items because it's what I wanted..not to gain anything at the track..just what I want. I admit there are better cai out there. But overall I'm happy with the mods I've done to my car...once I get my car dyno tuned in the spring I will see where I'm at. But as a guy that does what he wants .....then explains to the wife later what happened,I'll take the good advice from the guys on camaro 5....but in the end I make the final decision. The guy in the black shirt in this video bought a k&n.....the cold air induction guys didn't like it...look what happens..I think they are yelling why did you buy a k&n......
http://youtu.be/4jgptxyGjkc
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #131
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I agree with your post camaro jt....it's funny because everyone talking about how the k@n is cheaper...I paid 400 dollars plus for mine where I live.....price isn't a factor for me with my car.....I paid a lot more then the $750 I see here for my jba shorty headers. I bought these items because it's what I wanted..not to gain anything at the track..just what I want. I admit there are better cai out there. But overall I'm happy with the mods I've done to my car...once I get my car dyno tuned in the spring I will see where I'm at. But as a guy that does what he wants .....then explains to the wife later what happened,I'll take the good advice from the guys on camaro 5....but in the end I make the final decision. The guy in the black shirt in this video bought a k&n.....the cold air induction guys didn't like it...look what happens..I think they are yelling why did you buy a k&n......
http://youtu.be/4jgptxyGjkc
Again... I don't care what people buy, but don't come in here and start making stupid ass comments about it and hyping up an inferior product. Go back to the 1st page and notice I never said anything about the OPs choice, or anyone's choice for that matter.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:48 PM   #132
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
This whole thread became a debate Bc 1 guy with a chip on his shoulder was giving off the impression that K&N performs just as good as other intakes on the market. Price per $ was never mentioned in the beginning. Yes I agree that if you want a value mod and hp/$ is your only criteria for modding then K&N is a good choice, but sometimes people try to glorify their cheaper choice as tho there is not a difference in performance on the street yadda yadda. Hence the arguments start Bc everybody knows better.
If the people are happy with their K&N then that's fine too. To each his own. Everybody knows that forums are opinionated so it would be very Naīve to think that you can boast about K&N and not have anyone disagree with the performance aspect of it vs another. Doesn't make either right or wrong. It's just opinions. Which is why I only post facts. Doesn't bother me at all if they buy 2 K&N and stack them together. But you also have to realize that other noobs that don't know any better can be convinced that K&N and other CAI's are about the same and then like a noob would, jump on the cheaper price. The header argument is a bad example Bc there is basically a couple hp difference between them all and prices can double or come close to triple.
CAI's are different in that you can literally come close to doubling your hp with just a couple hundred bucks more. So just keep that in mind on both sides.
JT, let me start by saying I have no beef with you. We have both agreed on different topics in here. That said, B-_-RAD simply made a statement that K&N for the price can't be beat. I think you and others took it the wrong way...you guys were the one to get defensive. Point being that there was nobody who said anything for him to have a chip on his shoulder in the first place. He was just making a statement...like when CAI folks say that their intake is the best...or like when Kooks followers say that their headers are the best. These are all subjective comments. K&N being the best cai for the price is more of a fact than an opinion. And even if it were an opinion, he has a right to say how he feels about his purchase just like everyone else here does. If Roto-Fab guys, CAI guys, TSP guys, Magnaflow guys, etc can all say that they have the best whatever, then K&N guys and any other person who buys something for their car should be able to express how they feel about their purchase just the same. To say otherwise is plain hypocrisy.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #133
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Again... I don't care what people buy, but don't come in here and start making stupid ass comments about it and hyping up an inferior product. Go back to the 1st page and notice I never said anything about the OPs choice, or anyone's choice for that matter.
You're missing the point. It isn't about K&N being inferior. Nobody cares about that...except CAI guys. The people who bought K&N will probably never be convinced to by CAI regardless of how superior it is. I personally chose to spend my money (the same amount as CAI mind you) on Vararam. And I personally feel like Vararam blows CAI away. But there are people who won't buy Vararam. They'll buy CAI despite the fact that I feel CAI is vastly inferior. But I don't go around throwing it in other people's faces. There was no need for people to start dishing out at K&N especially when OP straight up said he wasn't after hp. He just wanted sound and K&N gave him exactly what he wanted for $190. Any hp he got was bonus. And for the record, K&N performs WAY better than stock. Some people are satisfied with that. Not everyone wants to buy or have the best. SOme are just happy with a small boost. But for people to come on here constantly berating other people's choices is wrong.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #134
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
You're missing the point. It isn't about K&N being inferior. Nobody cares about that...except CAI guys. The people who bought K&N will probably never be convinced to by CAI regardless of how superior it is. I personally chose to spend my money (the same amount as CAI mind you) on Vararam. And I personally feel like Vararam blows CAI away. But there are people who won't buy Vararam. They'll buy CAI despite the fact that I feel CAI is vastly inferior. But I don't go around throwing it in other people's faces. There was no need for people to start dishing out at K&N especially when OP straight up said he wasn't after hp. He just wanted sound and K&N gave him exactly what he wanted for $190. Any hp he got was bonus. And for the record, K&N performs WAY better than stock. Some people are satisfied with that. Not everyone wants to buy or have the best. SOme are just happy with a small boost. But for people to come on here constantly berating other people's choices is wrong.
Where did I ever say that CAI is vastly superior? Oh yeah that's right, I didn't. There are better intakes than the CAI, including vararam, which does not work on the 2012s.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #135
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'm sure you not talking about me making comments hyping this product. People will hype every mod they do..then there's the people that bash everything. From cai to headers to exhaust, everything ends up the same. I believe you have valid points in your posts...points I knew well before this thread. My comments are general . They are not specific to anyone...it's just an opinion..just like yours.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:11 PM   #136
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I'm sure you not talking about me making comments hyping this product. People will hype every mod they do..then there's the people that bash everything. From cai to headers to exhaust, everything ends up the same. I believe you have valid points in your posts...points I knew well before this thread. My comments are general . They are not specific to anyone...it's just an opinion..just like yours.
No that was not directed at you
Old 01-25-2014, 11:33 PM   #137
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Name:  constipation-monkey-takes-a-dump-demotivational-poster-1261878267.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  113.4 KB

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #138
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
No that was not directed at you
let's relax and have a beer.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #139
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
lets squash the beef and dance!

62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:44 PM   #140
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Well, if we all really want to get along and dance....

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!