Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #127
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I know this can vary by area but ill throw my area out here. I just checked some similar size dealerships, to check their inventory levels of camaro vs inventory of Mustangs. If the camaro was not supposed to be close to/beat mustang in sales you would think there wouldn't be as many of them sitting on the lots right? Seems like my dealers are stocking just as many Camaro's as Mustangs.

Large dealer ( Hawk Chevy) has 45 Camaros in stock, Ford dealer owned by same group(Hawk Ford) has 47 Mustangs.

Local Chevy dealer (Castle Chevy) (which happens to be a huge volume dealer) has 82 Camaros in stock. ( 8 of which are dealer ordered/in transit)

Largest Ford dealer has 51 Mustang's (Golf Mill Ford)

Smaller dealers have 12 Camaros (Bill Kay Chevy) to 5 Mustangs (Willowbrook Ford)

So at least from what I can see in my area, the dealerships are sure stocking them like they expect them to sell like Mustangs.
Wow, my Chevrolet dealer doesn't have one SS in stock. The other local Chevrolet dealer, which is the highest volume in the southeast only had five SS' in stock last time I checked...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:06 PM   #128
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Yup, way too much bitching about this on here, especially without anyone having a clue about profit margins and targets and such. Plus, this platform is a global platform being used on multiple cars, unlike the Mustang, that also had multiple divisions involvement in R&D. So initial costs were lower then even what they had to do with the 5th gen.
You are referring to the Global Zeta platform? It was just bigger and heavier but had 2 wheel bases just like Alpha.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #129
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Our big dealer has 48 2016-2017s in stock. 44 of those are 2017. This dealer actually seems to move inventory. There have also been one of the top dealers moving Corvettes in the country.

Another Chevy dealer has 11 in stock. 6 of them 2017.

Another Chevy dealer has 13 in stock. 12 of them 2017.

Mustang wise..
Ford dealer has 15.
Another Ford dealer has 12.
Another Ford dealer has 4..this dealer doesn't do much business.

The Mustang's that the Ford dealers have in my area are mostly 2016s.

I'd say the 2016 Camaro inventory has been moved out fairly well in my area.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:11 PM   #130
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Unfortunately, once again, the 2SS Camaros hitting lots here are pretty much fully loaded.

I'd think a 2SS with NPP and navigation would be very popular instead..
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #131
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Unfortunately, once again, the 2SS Camaros hitting lots here are pretty much fully loaded.
...this is part of the problem. Most people don't special order their cars. So when they see all these fully loaded 2SS's on lots they get sticker shock.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #132
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
I understand what you are saying but I disagree with that take.

Being a "leader" in sales has always been a huge part of automotive marketing.
Do you really think they like being dead last in segment sales with a brand new refreshed platform? Also being beat by the Challenger which is more or less the same for 8 years. I think from a sales and marketing standpoint that can't be sitting well with GM.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it
It isn't sitting well with them...that's a guarantee. Their Motortrend Car of the Year is being outsold nearly 2 to 1 by its main rival and is also losing the battle to the traditional 3rd place car. Listening to all of the baloney about profit margins and fleet sales is the ultimate denial of the truth...they did not get this car right. Flat out, plain and simple.
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #133
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
My closest Chevy and Ford dealer (owned by the same people) are pretty large. Chevy dealer has 51 Camaros (half '16 half '17) Ford Dealer has 26 Mustangs (again split 50/50). The Chevy dealer has doubled there inventory of Camaros in the last two months or so.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #134
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
With all the previous sales data for 50 yrs of camaros, I would guess GM planned sales of the 6th gen. I truly hope enough camaros are sold to keep it around..
Old 08-02-2016, 02:50 PM   #135
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudie7 View Post
It isn't sitting well with them...that's a guarantee. Their Motortrend Car of the Year is being outsold nearly 2 to 1 by its main rival and is also losing the battle to the traditional 3rd place car. Listening to all of the baloney about profit margins and fleet sales is the ultimate denial of the truth...they did not get this car right. Flat out, plain and simple.
Looks like they got it right to me. Pricing on the other hand, is a little steep.

2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:55 PM   #136
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
With all the previous sales data for 50 yrs of camaros, I would guess GM planned sales of the 6th gen. I truly hope enough camaros are sold to keep it around..
I don't think it is in danger of being cancelled, yet. Still too early for that line of thinking. But something isn't adding up which could change future plans.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:02 PM   #137
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
"Top GM exec sees continued strong auto sales in 2016"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...2016/87772530/

"And even though demand for cars is weaker throughout the industry, some are still selling at premiums compared with the models they replaced.

The Camaro is selling for $3,700 more on average than its predecessor"

Profits....not number of Camaro's sold vs Mustang (Ford by the way missed their 2nd quarter profit marks..)

No mention of impending doom or even disappointment in Camaro sales.

Rage on though.
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:09 PM   #138
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Ford seems to be the one not doing so well...

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/28/inve...own/index.html
Old 08-02-2016, 03:09 PM   #139
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Seems you bought the right car then. Congrats.

I think the car is outstanding, just too expensive. I'll probably still get one but I can see why the general public is turned off.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #140
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:

I would be bitter too if I had to always stare at Camaro tail lights...