The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-28-2017, 10:15 PM   #239
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Well it's your opinion versus some of the greatest players to ever play in the NFL's opinion. So we'll keep Mr. Liquidity's opinion in mind when Brady is eligible for the Hall of Fame in about 7-8 years.
I never said Brady was not HOF material. He is! BRADY IS A GREAT QB. BRADY HAS A GREAT ARM. BRADY IS A WINNER AND HE DESERVES THE HOF. Brady is the best of all time yes, because HE HAS (AND HAD) GREAT TEAMS! FOOTBALL IS A TEAM GAME! Hello? Who is the greatest of all time? If you are judging by Super Bowl wins then yes Brady is the best of all time. However, if you are asking from a pure talent ability to throw a football at the highest level then Brady is NOT the greatest of all time!

If you are asking what QB is the GOAT in terms of physical talent to throw the football and play the position of QUARTERBACK at the highest level then here is the list.

1. DAN MARINO/JEFF GEORGE (Jeff is probably the most gifted passer ever to play the position)
2. JOHN ELWAY (Sick Arm)
3. JOE NAMATH (Total package QB)
4. JAY SCHROEDER (Filthy sick Arm, highly underrated because played on bad teams)
5. TERRY BRADSHAW (Cannon of an Arm)
6. DOUG WILLIAMS (William was off the chain, sick Arm)
7. RANDALL CUNNINGHAM (Dude could throw it out of Philly stadium).
--
--
--
I put Tom at 15th. 15. TOM BRADY
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:24 PM   #240
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
I never said Brady was not HOF material. He is! BRADY IS A GREAT QB. BRADY HAS A GREAT ARM. BRADY IS A WINNER AND HE DESERVES THE HOF. Brady is the best of all time yes, because HE HAS (AND HAD) GREAT TEAMS! FOOTBALL IS A TEAM GAME! Hello? Who is the greatest of all time? If you are judging by Super Bowl wins then yes Brady is the best of all time. However, if you are asking from a pure talent ability to throw a football at the highest level then Brady is NOT the greatest of all time!

If you are asking what QB is the GOAT in terms of physical talent to throw the football and play the position of QUARTERBACK at the highest level then here is the list.
Can you please enlighten me on who exactly was the "great team" that Brady had? How many Hall of Famers has Brady played with in his career? How many top 10 talents has Brady played with in his career?

Brady isn't even a top 10 paid QB in the League right now, even though Tom Brady took paycuts all his career, the Patriots still haven't gave him talent worth mentioning.

Brady has had scrubs at Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End his entire career.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:31 PM   #241
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Can you please enlighten me on who exactly was the "great team" that Brady had? How many Hall of Famers has Brady played with in his career? How many top 10 talents has Brady played with in his career? Brady has had scrubs at Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End his entire career.
The Pats have had great teams ever since the owner Bob Kraft came on the scene. Since 2000 the Pats have had good Running Back(s) and good defenses. Football is a team game. Kraft deserves a lot of credit as does Bill. The Pats maybe the most class organization in all sports right beside the Yankees. Brady is great no question about it but they have had good teams since Brady has been there. Marino never had a Running Back. Never had a defense. I blame Don Shula for this. Most of you are judging Brady to be the GOAT because he won the most Super Bowls. Ok I get that and he is! But Brady is not the best in terms of raw physical ability to play the position.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #242
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Brady isn't even a top 10 paid QB in the League right now, even though Tom Brady took pay cuts all his career, the Patriots still haven't gave him talent worth mentioning.
Brady SHOULD BE THE HIGHEST PAID player in the league. In my view Brady is the best player playing NOW. Brady should be the highest paid athlete in all sports if you consider that Pro Football is the most dangerous sport today. If you consider what the Pats generate as a team then Brady should be making at least $50M (gross-yearly) Pats salary alone.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:43 PM   #243
Liquidity
Account Suspended

There is a very good reason why Marino is number one on most lists for top Passers of all time. Those who only have memories of Marino in the 1990's or later in his career need to find some footage of him throwing in college and the first few years of his pro career. His passing ability was and still is uniquely superior because he could get the ball from point A to point B anywhere within 60 yards, sideline to sideline, as quickly and accurately as any other QB to ever play the game.

There was, and still is a noticeable and obvious difference between Marino in his prime and other great passers in their primes. Aaron Rodgers is in the same spectrum as Marino from a pure passing standpoint and I'd say his throwing ability stands out in the crowd of great QBs today.

Aaron Rodgers is the most talented QB playing today. Not Tom Brady.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #244
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Hate him all you want to, but Tom Brady is the GOAT.

And that's the fact, Jack!!!

This coming from a die-hard Eagles fan.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:01 PM   #245
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
There is a very good reason why Marino is number one on most lists for top Passers of all time. Those who only have memories of Marino in the 1990's or later in his career need to find some footage of him throwing in college and the first few years of his pro career. His passing ability was and still is uniquely superior because he could get the ball from point A to point B anywhere within 60 yards, sideline to sideline, as quickly and accurately as any other QB to ever play the game.

There was, and still is a noticeable and obvious difference between Marino in his prime and other great passers in their primes. Aaron Rodgers is in the same spectrum as Marino from a pure passing standpoint and I'd say his throwing ability stands out in the crowd of great QBs today.

You still make zero sense, you have yet to provide any facts, any support saying that Brady had great teams.

Please name ONE great running back that Tom Brady has had?
Please name ONE great wide receiver Tom Brady has had? (besides ONE season with a 32+ year old Randy Moss)
Please name ONE great tight end that Brady has had? (Please don't mention Gronk, he's injured more than he plays).

Incorrect, most lists have TOM BRADY as the best passer of all time. Go and google "Top 10 QB's" and every list you see will have Tom Brady on there.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #246
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Quote:
You still make zero sense, you have yet to provide any facts, any support saying that Brady had great teams.

Please name ONE great running back that Tom Brady has had?
Please name ONE great wide receiver Tom Brady has had? (besides ONE season with a 32+ year old Randy Moss)
Please name ONE great tight end that Brady has had? (Please don't mention Gronk, he's injured more than he plays).
I respect your opinion and I don't disagree with you entirely. I'm no Pats fan so I don't know what players Brady had over the years that were good.

We can agree to disagree.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:19 AM   #247
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
The Pats have had great teams ever since the owner Bob Kraft came on the scene. Since 2000 the Pats have had good Running Back(s) and good defenses. Football is a team game. Kraft deserves a lot of credit as does Bill. The Pats maybe the most class organization in all sports right beside the Yankees. Brady is great no question about it but they have had good teams since Brady has been there. Marino never had a Running Back. Never had a defense. I blame Don Shula for this. Most of you are judging Brady to be the GOAT because he won the most Super Bowls. Ok I get that and he is! But Brady is not the best in terms of raw physical ability to play the position.
Long and short of it is you say the Pats have had great 'teams' with 'good' defenses and running backs, but the only player you keep naming is Brady. Elway and Farve had cannons and were dislocating and breaking fingers in there last season in the league, not just back in college and there first couple years. There is more to playing QB than a physical 'skill set'. There's reading defenses, avoiding rushers, leading the team, make average skill players around you better. Brady does all these things better than Dan. When your down 25 points in the second half of the super bowl and lead your team on 5 straight scoring drives and 32 straight points to win the game, that validates that you are indeed the "GOAT".
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #248
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Lol the Bucs suck big time. Worry about your own back yard before calling others out lol
We had a Winning Record and just missed the Playoffs. We've got the QB that people will be calling the Best in the League in about 5 years!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #249
BMR Sales

Quote:

I'm not saying Marino wasn't very good, because he was! I did watch him in College and there were multiple reasons why he was the 6th QB taken in his Draft year. Only in hindsight, should have been taken earlier.

And as far as strong Arms, you have to include Michael Vick. Never liked him him but he could fling it!
Old 03-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #250
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
I respect your opinion and I don't disagree with you entirely. I'm no Pats fan so I don't know what players Brady had over the years that were good.

We can agree to disagree.
Yet you say that Brady has had great teams

Quote:
Brady SHOULD BE THE HIGHEST PAID player in the league. In my view Brady is the best player playing NOW. Brady should be the highest paid athlete in all sports if you consider that Pro Football is the most dangerous sport today. If you consider what the Pats generate as a team then Brady should be making at least $50M (gross-yearly) Pats salary alone.
Another reason he's the Goat.....he plays for the team, not the highest paid because he chooses not to be!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
We had a Winning Record and just missed the Playoffs. We've got the QB that people will be calling the Best in the League in about 5 years!
Buc's have come a long way , if they manage the team properly they can contend, just not too sure of Winston being called the best in the league in 5 yrs though.

3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #251
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Dereck Carr is the best of the young QB's and will be the best in the league in 5 years.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #252
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
Dereck Carr is the best of the young QB's and will be the best in the league in 5 years.
He must not be - you can't spell his name right!

Derek is very good and I was hoping the Bucs would draft him.

But Jameis is the Real Deal.

Here are the Records he has already set;

NFL records
Most passing touchdowns in a single game by a rookie quarterback: 5 (tied with Ray Buivid and Matthew Stafford)[31]
Most passing touchdowns, rookie, one half: 4 (tied with Marcus Mariota) Nov 22, 2015[32]
Youngest player, 3000 yards passing: (21 years, 342 days) Dec 13, 2015[33]
Youngest player, 4000 yards passing: (21 years, 362 days) Jan 3, 2016
Youngest player to pass for 40 touchdowns: (22 years, 312 days) Nov 13, 2016[34]
Most seasons of passing for 4000 yards to begin a career - 2 (2015-present)