Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
It won't be that much. Camaro has a mucheaper interior than the more upscale luxury style stuff in the g8. As for performance being an afterthought in the GTO that wasn't true. The platform was designed to primarily support the commodor and also HSV cars.
The platform was originally designed for the Opel Omega in the early 90's. No joke. It's the same platform that they used on the Cadillac Catera. They made some slight changes to it when they started using it on the Monaro. You owned a GTO and didn't know all that?
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #16
JesseJames

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
I guarentee that the SS will cost either: $28,999, or $29,999. It WILL NOT GO OVER 30 GRAND FOR BASE 8. And I say RS/SS will be 30.5-31.25 K tops.
THIS WILL BE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i was talken FULLY LOADED. That includes RS package, sunroof, dealer stripe, ect. GM is not here to go out of buisness
JesseJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #17
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Sierra View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

Under $32k for a fully optioned G8

Lets hope this means a full optioned SS will be no more than $35k
I priced the G8 yesterday also and was presently surprised by how much a fully loaded package came up to . If the SS/RS hovers around that price point I will definitely be happy. Looking at the optionas there isn't a whole lot the Camaro has that the G8 GT doesn't. Sure we get more horsepower, but both engines have AFM (manual), and our 6.2 is still used on several GM vehicles so it shouldn't be too much more expensive than the 6.0. G8 gets HUD and Nav (which the 'maro may or may not have but either way I don't wany because it's on my phone). The interior is more upscale then ours, though we do have the cool ambient lighting (which honestly is a CHEAP, but good idea) and 4-pack gauges. Same chassis, same trannies (i think), BUT... the G8 is a full sized sedan!! The only thing I see making the Camaro more than the G8 is flat out popularity, but besides that I say screw the Mustang, the G8 is the best proxy we have for Camoro pricing.
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
THAT IS A G8 GT EVERYONE GET OVER IT PLEASE. I f you want to see the price that the ss will be look at the g8 GXP.
Pontiacs are typically more expensive for the same car than Chevy's. Just because the SS will have a similar engine to the GXP doesn't mean it will cost the same. GXP's, or any top of the line trim, tend to have an inflated price to start with. And G8's start with a lot of things that are normally options. All of this adds a fair bit to their price.

As always, for pricing on the Camaro look at the Mustang, then add a bit -but not too much. Expect the SS to start (SS1 with 0 options) at less than 30k. Probably starting pretty close to the Mustang GT Premium. Not likely to be any less than that, but not much more either. Also look at the Challenger SE and R/T prices to get another idea on Camaro prices.

Oh, and for those who haven't done this yet, a fully optioned out mustang GT costs over 38k. Saying that a fully optioned Camaro might be 35k is still reasonable, since we don't know what options will be there for the Camaro or their price.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
THAT IS A G8 GT EVERYONE GET OVER IT PLEASE. I f you want to see the price that the ss will be look at the g8 GXP.
Please don't yell...Especially when you're yelling incorrect things.

If you want to see the price of the SS, look at a Mustang GT and add $1000 for wiggle-room.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro&T/A View Post
fully loaded RS/SS $10
See? NOW we are talking! ...ok...not that low....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
Are you crazy??? That would put the SS at about 40 grand!! Hell no. Sorry. I'd say $32k for SS/RS, about $29-30K for base SS.
Exactly...GXP is 40k and if GM expects to have SS's at 40k only to later have a Z28....what the heck is the Z28 going to be priced at? (and don't give me the Z28 is dead crap....I"m not arguing with anyone over that....if you believe it's not going to be here, just PRETEND it will be...).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

If you want to see the price of the SS, look at a Mustang GT and add $1000 for wiggle-room.

The base V8 WILL be under 30k....UNDER. It will come standard with a lot of things from the V6. Get the 2SS and it'll be loaded...special option package. Take a look at the G8 GT w/ sport option package. It has the full leather, sunroof, and ALL the goodies for 31k. Pontiac, again...as others have said, is more expensive than Chevy.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #21
spd98

Drives: had a goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
The platform was originally designed for the Opel Omega in the early 90's. No joke. It's the same platform that they used on the Cadillac Catera. They made some slight changes to it when they started using it on the Monaro. You owned a GTO and didn't know all that?
the original platform had it's roots in the opel. The linkage was so far back the last 2 generations of holden cars do not share any parts with those. There platform the GTO was built on arrived as new in the mid to late 90's. The way your talking is like saying a second gen camaro is the same platform as a 4th gen.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #22
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Sorry if this question might be getting redundant, but was pricing information going to be a part of the Indy Bash Camaro unveiling?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #23
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Good Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Everyone needs to quit expecting it to be up and around $35K for a fully optioned SS. GM hasn't figured out pricing yet and when they keep seeing $35k over and over again, they start to understand that's what the buying public has come to expect.

I'm not trying to be rude to anyone here....I'm just saying that if you're going to start the pricing, aim lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great point, now if everyone can start writing they expect $32,000 MSRP on a fully loaded Camaro SS we will be in business?

Personally I'm crossing my fingers for a Z28 release, which I'm willing to trade my wife for, lol

KJ
Old 08-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #24
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
GM wants to sell their cars, not have them parked on a lot for the next generation. They believe in giving the average Joe a sweet car he can dream about realistically. Then, one day, Joe will wake up and have enough saved up to make his dream come true. Keep it real. Tag and Dragon have the speculated prices more accurate. How many of us have been saving since the debut of the concept? Most "Joes'" have the means to save a $15K for a down payment, and put the other half on a loan. I am a firm believer that GM is in the business of selling, not ripping off. If you want to get ripped off, go buy a BMW.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #25
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Everyone needs to quit expecting it to be up and around $35K for a fully optioned SS. GM hasn't figured out pricing yet and when they keep seeing $35k over and over again, they start to understand that's what the buying public has come to expect.

I'm not trying to be rude to anyone here....I'm just saying that if you're going to start the pricing, aim lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't agree more. I think the fully decked SS/RS Camaro will be no higher than $22,000. The fully decked out V6 will come in at $16,000.

Of course, I am joking - but one can wish, right?
96CAMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Sorry if this question might be getting redundant, but was pricing information going to be a part of the Indy Bash Camaro unveiling?
Pricing is supposed to be out by the end of the year. September would be nice though.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #27
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Not to beat a dead horse here but the G8 is not the competitor to the Camaro so its similarity alone is not the basis for price. The Camaro is a competitor with Mustang, Challanger and perhaps some imports. To guess price just look at the Mustang. If GM comes out with a Camaro that is substantially more expensive than the Mustang than regarless of content they will have a difficult sell. We have seen many posts by Fbodfather that says look at Mustang pricing to get a gauge on what the Camaro will cost. I suspect the Camaro will be slightly more expensive than the Mustang but I will be shocked if it is more than 10%, my guess is about 5% more.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #28
MAROobsession

Drives: 05 Honda Accord V6
i dont undersand why the G8 GXP does'nt get the 422 hp that the camaro ss gets