Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-08-2024, 01:23 PM   #29
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
Does this affect all GM cars? I am trying to find an IGLA installer for the manual in NY. Can someone share the thread with the DIY kill switch and wiring diagrams as I am un able to find it.

My Windows Sticker: https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FE3D78N0129849
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:01 PM   #30
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertopdown View Post
Does this affect all GM cars? I am trying to find an IGLA installer for the manual in NY. Can someone share the thread with the DIY kill switch and wiring diagrams as I am un able to find it.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623413
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 04:38 PM   #31
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
How in the heck did he get that window out like that?
Notice how he uses a wireless OBD dongle so he can stand outside and run if he has to.
I think a club and an OBD lock on a dummy plug would have been enough to spook them and move along.
I agree. It would have made the theft much more time consuming; leaning inside the car and plugging something in vs having to get in and try to remove an OBD lock that's down low on the dash and/or having to saw through the steering wheel.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:44 PM   #32
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Watching that video it really surprised me that not one of the thiefs got spooked with the car alarm went off. I guess they know they still have some time before someone responds. It's sad how we are conditioned to ignore car alarms and hope someone will turn it off soon. Only when it persists do we haul ourselves out of bed to see what's going on. I guess in this situation we wouldn't have to because the car would be gone.