The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-02-2024, 09:43 PM   #2171
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I'm hoping NG = New Generation and not Natural Gas?
Someone in a position to know told me they saw two clay models. One had tailpipes.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 09:46 PM   #2172
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Tesla stock price jumped almost 10% this morning after beating analysts expectations for Q2.

They did almost 15% better than Q1 but are still off compared to last year for Q2, about 5% less.

Tesla still did strongly despite a lot of bearish news, which is a big boost for the EV market overall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/02/tesl...n-numbers.html
Closed up $21.40 today. That’s 10.2%
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 07-02-2024, 11:02 PM   #2173
Evergreen6
Banned

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Someone in a position to know told me they saw two clay models. One had tailpipes.
Ok....EV was a stretch, but clay?! GM's making cars out of clay now? Ms. Barra has gone truly, earth-muffin bonkers.

I kid.

Consider me interested!
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 11:22 PM   #2174
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:

Name:  IMG_2498.jpeg
Views: 3740
Size:  119.5 KB
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 06:21 AM   #2175
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
the participation trophy vehicles NACSAR races has tailpipes....stickers!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 08:48 AM   #2176
Evergreen6
Banned

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Don't get too excited, those could be fake pipes designed to emanate fake engine sounds, or for the 1.2L 3-cylinder generator/range extender.

Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 09:14 AM   #2177
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Did they mention how many doors it had? And how high off the ground it sits?
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 11:03 AM   #2178
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
With the CT4/CT5 seemingly getting a new lease on life sort of speak, I imagine an Alpha II Camaro can still make sense to do and could be done in relative quick manner.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 12:27 PM   #2179
olrocker

Quote:
Don't get too excited, those could be fake pipes designed to emanate fake engine sounds, or for the 1.2L 3-cylinder generator/range extender.

I’m reminded of the words of wisdom from the great Fbodfather:

“Keep the faith”
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 07-03-2024, 01:03 PM   #2180
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I’m waiting to see if the Cadillac Lyriq kept its title as the best selling luxury EV crossover for the 2nd quarter.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:30 PM   #2181
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
Did they mention how many doors it had? And how high off the ground it sits?
I have said all that I can say without getting people in trouble. Trouble is spelled f-i-r-e-d.

Old 07-03-2024, 02:18 PM   #2182
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
I have said all that I can say without getting people in trouble. Trouble is spelled f-i-r-e-d.
All good. The prospect of another Camaro is exciting, just wondered if the name was leaning towards Mach E or Charger.

Can you explain the reasoning behind Dodge launching a two door Charger? I'm glad they are but with the other domestic manufacturers basically running away from cars I'm surprised. Maybe the Charger is the Dodge equivalent to a Vette or Mustang and needs to exist in the lineup but I've never viewed it that way.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 03:28 PM   #2183
olrocker

Quote:
All good. The prospect of another Camaro is exciting, just wondered if the name was leaning towards Mach E or Charger.

Can you explain the reasoning behind Dodge launching a two door Charger? I'm glad they are but with the other domestic manufacturers basically running away from cars I'm surprised. Maybe the Charger is the Dodge equivalent to a Vette or Mustang and needs to exist in the lineup but I've never viewed it that way.
There are already people considering the possibility of dropping a Hemi and an Tremec into the new Charger when opted with the Hurricane 6.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 07-03-2024, 06:22 PM   #2184
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:

Remember Charger started as a two door, so there’s that.

I think it gets back to what I was saying about the reasons for sedans disappearing from showrooms. A lot of it had to do with people preferring crossovers to sedans. That’s the consumer choice end. But on the OEM end, the shadow area or footprint approach to setting fuel economy targets drives some illogical behavior. If a sedan and a crossover have the same footprint area (wheelbase x track) the crossover will have an easier fuel economy target to hit. Plus crossovers bring a bigger price tag.

When you shift to EV, fuel economy targets don’t matter. You can build the vehicle in any form factor you want (Hummer EV) and not give a rip about balancing fuel economy targets. So I predict stylish coupes and sedans will make a comeback in an EV world. Now, true the Charger will also have ICE variants. If that’s the only ICE car in the Dodge portfolio the volume of hybrid and EV versions of it will more than balance the CAFE. That’s just my opinion based on what I see in the forecast.